• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

The Lounge 2017

vadimax

Flashlight Enthusiast
Or put another way....
You wouldn't burn kerosene in your Ferrari :)

Well... This one burns jet kerosene ;)

1024px-ThrustSSC_front.jpg

flashaholic1

Enlightened
Who has changed their Internet home page to SkyLumem.com with order sorted from new to old?
:wave:
I just went to skylumem.com.. Nothing.. I should totally do URL jacking and register a domain at skylumeM.com.. I bet i would get so many accidental clicks from some of you guys.. Eventually I'll get enough traffic coming through that I'll go ahead and set up a fake page with a screen shot image of Vinh's front page and photoshop a bunch of Fiat Lux lights for sale really cheap, and it being just an image, it would be so hilarious to see people try clicking on it only to realize it's an image LMAO.. I would never do that, at least not to Vinh lol

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
I just went to skylumem.com.. Nothing.. I should totally do URL jacking and register a domain at skylumeM.com.. I bet i would get so many accidental clicks from some of you guys.. Eventually I'll get enough traffic coming through that I'll go ahead and set up a fake page with a screen shot image of Vinh's front page and photoshop a bunch of Fiat Lux lights for sale really cheap, and it being just an image, it would be so hilarious to see people try clicking on it only to realize it's an image LMAO.. I would never do that, at least not to Vinh lol

I dont think I ever share why I chose Sky Lumen over Sky Lumens huh? Remember Fiat Lux equal let there be light? Not just any light. The first light ever. It all started with that very initial 1st lumen. The Genesis Lumen. Hence, Fiat Lux. Next time you turn on your light imagine that the first lumen must have lit before all to follow. That 1st lumen is Fiat Lux.

Now imagine that last lumen we strive to achieve with every light. That last lumen is as equally as important as the first isnt it? It's the lumen that drives our shared passion.

flashaholic1

Enlightened
I dont think I ever share why I chose Sky Lumen over Sky Lumens huh? Remember Fiat Lux equal let there be light? Not just any light. The first light ever. It all started with that very initial 1st lumen. The Genesis Lumen. Hence, Fiat Lux. Next time you turn on your light imagine that the first lumen must have lit before all to follow. That 1st lumen is Fiat Lux.

Now imagine that last lumen we strive to achieve with every light. That last lumen is as equally as important as the first isnt it? It's the lumen that drives our shared passion.
Wow Vinh, that was deep and very philosophical! I still don't have a Fiat Lux :( what's up with that!? haha

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast

I love the way you think, Vinh!!!

Bdm82

Flashlight Enthusiast
Your first assumption is correct for me; I was just out for a one mile walk with my two X65s, cars and pedestrians stopping to ask me what kind of lights they are.
And hanging out on the computer security forum that I hang out on.
And sleeping, hibernating, cleaning disk and defraging and preparing to clean install the latest major Windows 10 update version....

Good to hear of the tools being put to good use!
Security forum? I just follow Swift on Security and get all my security info and T Swift in one place!
Seriously, the pace that area moves, it takes a lot of upkeep to stay current!

For me I have been so busy with orders and taking care of mom. Driving her to xrays and check ups before her surgery next week. She is a bit worried. Yesterday the Dr. told me I might have a slight case of asthma as I have been coughing for a month. I think he is wrong but he gave me an inhaler anyway and told me to come back in 4 weeks. Lots going on this year but I still have to say this is one of the best year of my life so far. My passion for lights and Skylumen is greater than ever...Kinda scary to think about it. I am not even sure why I am so into lights. I still take a light to bed and play with it every night. I still do night drives by myself and shine lights around 2-3AM after a long day of work. But I am very glad that the passion is there. I definitely cant do this day in and day out without it. Work aside I fall in love with someone I consider my soulmate. Cliche yes but who cares. I honestly believe that. Little issues here and there but hey this is a damn good life and I am so happy every day. Worries and downs comes in tiny drops but happiness pours like a spring water fall. What else can I ask for. Thank you life! :)
It's great to hear the happiness and positive outlook, and that the passion remains strong. Sometimes it's neat to read old threads again just to see how far you've pushed things through the years. Sounds like there's a lot more to come, keeping everyone's appetites up.

Yes, we're all waiting for the new XHP 70.2 in NW.. Well at least I am! lol. Oh and thank you guys for the confidence and good luck wishes, I did pass my Security+ exam and got my certification! To my surprise, I finished with about 20 minutes to go back and review.. Now I did save the first two questions where I had to implement and set up a couple of firewalls, but even after that, I still had like 7 minutes. I would love to continue studying and focusing more on Security in general, seems that in the cyber world we live in, everything is going towards cloud, and security is going to be very critical.. However, my new position as Systems Coordinator requires that I know everything about everything, and not just one thing, So I'm literally learning everything from Linux to scripting in PowerShell, to even learning about designing and building a new data center for one of our other campus's. I also have a couple of projects I'm working on to move over 100+ servers from static ip/dns addresses to a DHCP reservation scope we set up. On top of that I have also started coursework and training for my next 2 certifications (well really 3- MCSA then MCSE from Microsoft, and VMware Certified Professional- Data Center Virtualization (VCP6-DCV). Not to mention that I still have to look for a new place, look to furnish the place, finalize wedding stuff, coordinate the logistics for my wife's big move.. And still find time to patiently wait for the arrival of the XHP 70.2[emoji14]lol.. It's not that bad when you break it down. I always look at the big picture and sometimes it freaks me out and can get overwhelmed, but I'm learning to break things down and KISS (keep it simple stupid) :ohgeez:
First, a big congrats on the cert. Definitely not easy. With all you're slated to do though, I think Coordinator should be more like Manager; at least Analyst :) (Though I don't know your company..I'm just saying that's a lot to be doing!)
As someone who was IT for many years... never stop learning and testing!

That's deep. (Insert deep space reference here.)
But seriously that's cool, and makes it all make sense. Thanks for sharing the history!

Bdm82

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's probably 8 grand of lights on a $30 unit.

Two possible responses.
1. Good on you for spending on what matters...lights, not fancy shelving!
2. Show the lights some respect, spend even 1% of the budget on a place to keep and display the lights.

Either way, thanks for sharing. I'm not allowed to keep more than a couple lights out at a time...

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's probably 8 grand of lights on a $30 unit.

Two possible responses.
1. Good on you for spending on what matters...lights, not fancy shelving!
2. Show the lights some respect, spend even 1% of the budget on a place to keep and display the lights.

Either way, thanks for sharing. I'm not allowed to keep more than a couple lights out at a time...

you are right.. that shelve probably cost like $2. Who know.. possibility its free.. i do have respect for vn lights, as well as safety measure. I dont give my family member vn lights. i dont know anything about furniture.. i am just using that shelve as a temporary. Thanks for your opinion..

Shopping for a new display case is not as easy as going to skylumen and order lights.. lol.