The Sarah Connor Chronicles: Fox TV series

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
Last edited:

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
Duno about you guys but I lost interest a few episodes ago, it just seems they are going nowhere.

I know what you mean...but when you have TIVO, you can start watching and if it sucks, delete it. The last couple episodes they started killing off a number of the distracting sideline characters, getting back to basics and it was somewhat better. Unfortunately, they also added back another terminator we had not seen before, which makes four + a sophistocated supercomputer network that seems separate from "John Henry." Obviously, no way to tie all that up in season finale this week...so it will either be a setup for season three (fat chance), or more likely a DVD movie...or most likely another hose job to the loyal fans. The "word" is that the season ends with a cliff-hanger which sucks.

The Terminator Salvation (#4) has different characters, so not much tie-in there either.

You really have to like Sci-Fi for its own sake anymore, because the TV studios, writers, ratings, or some other bull crap ends up ruining many a TV series before the fans get a complete story.

Last edited:

jzmtl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah that's what I hate, shows that just disappear and leave the viewers hanging. Oh well, at least battlestar galactica got to finish it.

sygyzy

Enlightened
I just watched the episode last night. Did Derek really die? I mean I saw it but couldn't believe it. Was this the season finale?

sygyzy

Enlightened
I can't believe so much happened in this season. I love shows that don't drag stuff on.

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
Well IMHO, this show's ratings tanked because they introduced so many irrelevant characters, plot lines, time jumping, and geographical locations. Trying to keep it all logically connected was nearly impossible. They seem to have realized their writing errors in the last few episodes, but is likely too late now, since the original core audience has bailed.

js

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's too late, but these last two episodes have been MUCH better than the norm of season 2 fare. I wish they could have written ALL the episodes at this level, with this amount of relevance and suspense. They're finally connecting stuff, finally making you freaking CARE.

I knew all along that that woman liquid terminator wasn't part of skynet and was doing her own thing. My guess is that she's the liquid metal terminator that was aboard the submarine who said "no" to John Connor's offer to join him, because she realized she needed to go back in time and engineer an AI that could go head to head with skynet.

Just a guess, though.

NA8

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was thinking Sarah was ripe for a straightjacket and a padded room for her long anticipated meeting with Mrs. Weaver. She'd be perfectly accessorized for the moment Mrs Weaver finally cracked a big metal smile. :devil:

m16a

Enlightened
It's too late, but these last two episodes have been MUCH better than the norm of season 2 fare. I wish they could have written ALL the episodes at this level, with this amount of relevance and suspense. They're finally connecting stuff, finally making you freaking CARE.

I knew all along that that woman liquid terminator wasn't part of skynet and was doing her own thing. My guess is that she's the liquid metal terminator that was aboard the submarine who said "no" to John Connor's offer to join him, because she realized she needed to go back in time and engineer an AI that could go head to head with skynet.

Just a guess, though.

That would be a very cool possibility if it were the case. Interesting thinking on your part js!

seaside

Enlightened
I thought Derrick still has some roles to play though, he died.
I mean, at least as a male warrior figure, he can give a good fight before he got killed. But he couldn't. It was too quick and too simple. I almost felt like the producers want him out.

js

Flashlight Enthusiast
I really appreciated the quick death from a hey-it-happens kind of angle. Always being able to count on the plot or theme to tell you when someone might die takes away from the sense of reality. Take too much of that away and you start to fall out of the suspension of disbelief, as it were.

fnmag

Flashlight Enthusiast
OMG! "John, get on top of me." !!!
"Will you join us?"
The season finale was quite good.
Great action, questions answered, and questions posed.
I'm very happy with the last 3 episodes but am angry that they served me pablum for most of the season. Then, like a drug dealer, slipped me the primo stuff at the end to hook me.
To what end? I do not know if there will be another season.
If they could continue in the vein of these last offerings, I'd wait in line to buy a ticket. However, another season of the earlier drivel and they can keep it.
In the scene with Cam and John, if you listen real intently, you can hear the collective sigh of the entire American nation.
Once you go cyborg, you never go back!
Summer, here's looking at ya, kid! :devil:

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
What. The. Heck. Was John doing rummaging around in Cameron's stomach:duh2:?!?!?!?! I d'idn't understand that a bit.

He was checking to see if she was leaking radiation. If she was leaking, it would have felt something other than cold to the touch.

Great finale! Now comes the waiting. :mecry: