What did you use your flashlight for today?

SleepyInTheSun

Newly Enlightened
Took kids down to hotel jacuzzi after dinner and found the lights didn't work. Turned on my ZL H600c underwater and lit it up!

(much panic from family... "but you love your lights... what if it isn't waterproof?" )

SleepyInTheSun

Newly Enlightened
Now that's impressive! The fact that you had your ZL with you at the pool. :twothumbs

Sigh... busted... noticed the jacuzzi lights didn't work the previous day and was looking forward to the opportunity / hoping no one else called maintenance :sssh:

Poppy

Flashaholic
Sigh... busted... noticed the jacuzzi lights didn't work the previous day and was looking forward to the opportunity / hoping no one else called maintenance :sssh:
LOL... Thanks for the laugh!!! :)

Now I wonder how many of us will be looking for a similar opportunity?

OK... still laughing.
I just read your story to my daughter, and she laughed. Then your sigh... busted... comment, and she REALLY LAUGHED out loud, all the while, pointing AT ME!

Last edited:

Poppy

Flashaholic
Busted? Yeah a long time ago :oops:
It hard to hide my fascination with lights when I take pictures like this. :whistle:

Hmmm, is that a picture of a flashlight? OR of ice skaters at Rockefeller Center during the winter?

uls0hvEcjmau48bGyjC_HuXdy3R_2lFE1qQl2TBXhLlUG_T4gL7GMC9_eD6SWLqj7qx7GTUt-aYWSiK2JejKHw5Jx3_r-pPnoVV8K9ylxWAdRCCIpduj07-o0mvK5DG5_ScanGweCsb7klb7rY9Gi_AR6KItTgo1duz7r_IQCo-u8MfVqXRzB3T3o7GR9Dp779fL6HD1COC1hRuHd1zuwBo-Vtx_MNcaKrIZDoXXAGhQ77xxGOXgKRJb6HRTWBHGR7hmIjM7UmG43EaekcUcmDx5fJ559N-MRqn2SA2KgHTo0oVLY-TC6wQvTrzdNeAoej9eQKXDnJq3f724L-9nIC5oGhNcn3-b7q4P_HwYWNsrN0671uvZ4DKsKXYWUKaIPH8NRAcovMXzhWJsvUqbmqIBpJEgDOA-jNNEotmzPbJ4xszmFrI_zl9uhtOvGIhWPkXamRkvpqiBr4vr-Kqo6_-MgZa7IL6aSricrYmxUXGT7p_10NllXyaeHJkWNAv3hyLeN9UFjWi5ZNvR4s23NbrtZGvMYI9UBvyR7yFNOP1qSW0hDOXGQlyxqRwTQtrNoBoegJO5wwyYDBFDBG_MjPvkA2jhJi6uQuOucJl-MzB-vmr7v8NTHgOXzH-Ifq0RTLyaou80R-lolXChfNNeMzE_NDy27GQKk07modPYj6C00giUTO6wEng=w568-h757-no

bykfixer

Flashaholic
So I'm doing some housework after dinner and my flashlight came in handy.

A dark colored crock pot with a slightly burnt ring of teryaki sauce, is it clean yet?
Watering plants slowly, has all of the soil become wettened?
Cleaning the filter system to the aquarium, is all of the 'scum' been removed?
Vacuuming underneath the sofa and chairs, under the bed etc, in dark corners, under tables etc, is all of the dog hair gone?
Putting away summer clothes in the attic, cleaning behind the comode, a whole host of things.

I have 3 black dogs who shed about a 5 gallon bucket a week it seems and shadows galore in my house. So instead of turning on lights every where I just slid a flashlight in my pocket and used it about 20 times this evening. While my coworkers are at Americas Fitness working out with all kinds of gear with who knows what germs I got in my squates, stretches, stairs and even a bit of cardio while Mrs Fixer was at work. Sometimes she'll ask me why the house never seems to get dirty and I just shrug my shoulders and say "I dunno".……

Last edited:

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
I used my PD36R on medium while looking around in an unfamiliar area of a basement in an old building. We came across the occasional unlit room as well as obstacles on the floor. It really saved us from bumping into stuff.

tech25

Flashlight Enthusiast
My mother asked for my opinion on something she wanted to buy from a new store. Part of their display was out back and they had no lights up yet. The owner went out first and pulled out his phone, the phone was too floody to light up the display nicely so my mom pulled out her Tool AAA and I pulled out my HDS rotary. The owner turned off his light while we checked out the stuff. To his credit he didn't comment, realizing that it made sense to have a light at night in a dark area...

5S8Zh5

Flashlight Enthusiast
same as every pre-sunrise morning - light the way once around the dog park perimeter ( clearing the way of debris lol ) then on with a few laps.

Stormbringer

Newly Enlightened
I just relocated and went out on the patio last night and took the Malkoff Houndog (18650 / neutral) and began shining it in a farmer's field across the road admiring the awesome performance of the light. The spill illuminated something moving close to me and, to my surprise, there was a Bobcat about 10 yards from me. My wife saw it too, and thought it was awesome to see it in the wild, but just couldn't understand why I was more excited about how the Malkoff performed.:laughing:

Last edited:

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Getting back from a sunset wedding of my nephew.It wrapped up at 8:00 pm and was located at a huge park near me. We had to walk 1/2 mile to get back to our cars down a pitch black trail. It was an outdoor wedding at letchworth State Park. There were about 30 people there and I was the only one to have a light on me. Well actually I had 4 but you know. People are crazy not carrying a light. I just don't understand it. My 4 year old was with me as well as my other two girls and we literally had to light the way for the whole gang

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Hell 50 years ago people had enough sense to carry fire on a stick to light a path.

Now you can get 100 lumens from a triple a keychain light, but do people carry them? No.

Devo was right. The smarter we get the more we devolve.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Absolutely Right fixer. I will never understand people who are not prepared for anything. There like sheep! Thinking oh well someone will help me. That's what I teach my children To not count on anyone and be prepared for whatever comes there way. They do know of course they can count on me. That's my job😁

Poppy

Flashaholic
Those who carry cell phones are not as impressed by a guy with a flashlight today, as they would have been if they were still carrying flip phones.
The last time I was in a power outage, I was surprised at how quickly, and how many people found and used their flashlight app in their phone.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Love, love, love this time of year for incan flashlights. It just seems darker in the fall than summer. And much quieter, or at least where I live anyway. When it's real cold out everybody hunkers down where it's warm. Yet in October south of the Mason Dixon line and north of Myrtle Beach you toss on a light jacket after the sun goes down at 7:30 and enjoy the still fairly warm temperatures.

My 4c Maglite had been collecting dust on a shelf since about this time last year. So tonight while the forecast is for showers I slipped on a (teflon coated) London Fog wind breaker, some Stevie Wonder could see 'em sneakers, wiped off the 4c and away we go. The sounds of back yard barbecues has been replaced with crickets chirping sounds and the occasional window a/c still going as I took a leisurely stroll around the neighborhood.

I've always been impressed with how dawg gone far the spotlight of the classic Maglite shines. Amazing how some 30 lumens can light up a tree top a football field away causing racoons and possums to be easily seen. Mine has a 3cell Maglite krypton bulb so although not a lot brighter the tint is quite a lot cooler. Still nice and incan creamy. Almost like a Malkoff neutral LED. Being a 4c it's not much longer than a 3d but feels like holding a nice golf club handle instead of the business end of a baseball bat to my medium glove sized hands.

A stock 6P tagged along as a backup. Although the 6P has 2x the "stated" output of the 4c, the 2x size of the Maglite really makes a difference. I did however miss the ability to downshift the output like with an LED light.

Last edited:

Latest posts