What did you use your flashlight for today?

Ishango

Enlightened
At work a colleague mentioned that he just installed a flashlight app on his android phone, saying he now has a flashlight that he can use to make phone calls with. I then said I prefer to use a "regular" flashlight. He then said it was of course not comparable to a Maglite. In turn I told him Maglite isn't the best and brightest light on the market any longer. So he asked me which brands are and I mentioned a select few of my favorites like Fenix, Foursevens, Surefire, HDS (but not all, didn't want to look too geeky :) ). I then showed my LD10 I was carrying today and told him it was brighter than most Maglite lights I've seen. He seemed to be interested enough to google Fenix lights :)

DBCstm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Had to install a new battery in my John Deere riding mower. We've had a little rain after a brutally dry and hot summer and the weeds are all out in force, 80 degrees today. Wouldn't you know I'd drop the dang bolt from the battery down into the dark depths of the mower's engine area! Titanium Innovations IlluminaTi to the rescue! It's running on a 10440 (I know I know!) so med level was plenty bright to find the culprit and fish it out. Good thing to have bright light on a keychain, always there when you need it! :)

HotWire

Flashlight Enthusiast
The light in an elevator went out today. Fortunately the elevator still worked. I whipped out one of my 3 small EDC flashlights and pushed the button. Good to go!

Richub

Enlightened
As an addition to my story about that white trash man I met the other day:

We met again today, in the center of town.
Once he spotted me he ran straight to me and started yelling and threatening me once again... Luckily for me (but not for him) two cops were patrolling the street just behind him. It took them a few seconds to reach us, and ask what was going on.
That white trash guy immediately claimed I sent those cops after him and started to get physical on me...

Well, to cut a long story short: He got arrested, and I spent an hour at the station filing charges against him. He was 'famous' at that station for being almost insanely aggressive without any intelligence to keep that aggression in check.

I don't say this often, but I sure hope they stack him away somewhere secure, just to make this town a bit safer...

Ontopic:
Used my Fenix TK35, TK45 and TK41 in direct comparison in a friends backyard so he could decide which light he wanted to order. He chose the TK41.
Using those three lights simultaneously got a lot of curious neighbors to come out in the cold to see what all that light was all about. I saw some seriously amazed people there, a lot of those neighbors never saw high powered LED flashlights before. :)

As an addition to this: I got a new appreciation for flashlights with plastic bodies today in the freezing cold. :) Handling big metal bodies bare handed in icy conditions isn't cool. (Pun intended) ;)

Last edited:

East Tn Bowman

Newly Enlightened
345am yesterday responded to a car wreck, streamlight survivor led is pretty good to me, 845pm responded to a housefire went in there, got out, used light to find cell phone, lights happily charging after not being used for a few months :)

tjswarbrick

Enlightened
Neutral XM-L Xeno E03 - to determine which socks match my pants, and read the engraving on my allen wrenches to differentiate 1.5mm, 2mm, and 1/8".
And to walk the dog.

Ishango

Enlightened
[....] Well, to cut a long story short: He got arrested, and I spent an hour at the station filing charges against him. He was 'famous' at that station for being almost insanely aggressive without any intelligence to keep that aggression in check.

I don't say this often, but I sure hope they stack him away somewhere secure, just to make this town a bit safer...

[...]

Lucky for you the police was there too. It's just crazy how derailed some people can get. Nice to hear you were helping your friend to pick a very good light.

budynabuick

Enlightened
Woke up, fell out of bed, dragged a comb across my head- made my way down stairs and drank (tried too) a cup, some one spoke and i went into a dream!!! MY POWER WAS OUT!!! No coffee for you lol. Yep. got up about 3am and did not realize the power was out (since i don't use house lights) till i went 2 make a pot of coffee. less than a hr them guys/gals had the dad-gum power up. Very sad. these people are just 2 good. A poor guy wants 2 have a couple hr PO and no, they won't even let a guy have a little fun. Maybe i will call and ***** that they (power company) are 2 dang efficient. Bet they never heard that complaint. Oh well, there is always another night.

Keith, who just wanted 2 have a little fun in the dark

onalandline

Newly Enlightened
I used a Coast LED Lenser in a cave in Kentucky when the lighting went out. It was way brighter than the cave guide's flashlight.

Kev7274

Newly Enlightened
Had a couple guys decide to use my backyard as a trail to get from one neighborhood to the other. I wouldn't have known it,but the dogs started going crazy. It's amazing what what 800L will do to somebody when pointed at them. They took off.

booky

Newly Enlightened
Used it to track down a creepy house centipede in the house. Those things give me the willys. Ugggghhh! :sick2:

cummins4x4

Enlightened
Funny, used my V10R to find Rosie after she escaped...
005-1.jpg

Bad spider!!

someguy4747

Newly Enlightened
I used my HDS Rotary on moonlight to light up the keyboard for my professor in the dark classroom after her powerpoint presentation got out of order. She knows I always have flashlights and when she couldn't see the keyboard she quickly said, "Zack where is your flashlight?". Had my HDS in my front pocket ready to go! I think us flashoholics live for those moments! ha ha After, I forgot to put my Quark Turbo X in my backpack so my HDS Rotary happily served as my bike light from my ride home from school.

Samy

Enlightened
Funny, used my V10R to find Rosie after she escaped...
005-1.jpg

Bad spider!!

It looks like she's snacking on a human brain... ;)

I used mine to light up a Potoroo in the backyard (miniature kangaroo, about 1.5ft tall max) i havn't seen one so close to the house. I used my Klarus ST20 on high and walked right up to him. He hopped off a few feet but was quite keen to see what i was doing.

cheers

TKC

Flashlight Enthusiast
I leave for work early in the am . I use it to get around the house, and when I walk out to my truck.

onalandline

Newly Enlightened
Just used my new Sunwayman M10R while walking the dog in a field in order to avoid bushes and small trees.

Vortus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got in early this morning, used my ET D25 AM Ti puttering around the house and not disturb folks as we have family staying over. So make sure everything's alright and the smokers going for tonight then I get to bed. BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG...laughing, dog jumps on my half asleep chest scared from the noise, BANG BANG BANG BANG more laughing. Push the dog off, put on some sweats and wander to the kitchen. Where my wife, sister in law, and couple neices and nephews are beating frozen capri sun's into slushies with my Elektrolumens BNG. The laughing is when they do not hold one tight, hit it, and it shoots across the floor, where the other dogs commence to chasing the frozen block around the floor. If it wasn't an amusing scene I'd be relatively (pun intended) pissed about being woken up like that. Wife couldn't find my keys to unlock my toolboxes, so they grabbed that. Doing that with the light doesn't bother me, done worse myself.