What did you use your flashlight for today?

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cheers. I'd just done 600km over mountains, offroad and all over all sorts of terrain, then the damn thing came off as I left the pub after having dinner! There's an uncountable number of places it could have come off and it would have resulted in carnage, death doom and destruction.

JemR

Newly Enlightened
Did what I'm sure lot's of us may do. I used my light to check under/behind furniture for spiders and their webs, whilst vacuum cleaning the house today. Found just two. They are OK, caught them and took them outside. Yes I do vacuum, I am a modern man. But, more importantly, it's also a good excuse to use a flashlight during the day!.

fisk-king

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just received my light back from J.Hanko. It is stunning. Pics were taken by Jhanko.

10fowid.jpg

34griux.jpg

He also gave the light a bath since it was filthy from EDC for almost 2 years.
Job well done Mr. Hanko.

JemR

Newly Enlightened
I think maybe he used it for wasting time, staring and drooling. I think perhaps we all did for a few moments. Super looking light.:)

Kirkgar

Newly Enlightened
My wife was attempting to do an architectural drawing at the kitchen table last night and the lighting is not ideal for that sort of thing. I walked up behind her and fired up my Quark MiniX 123 to light up her drawing. Her reply was, "holy crap!... Don't move!"

Samy

Enlightened
I had to make a delivery to a customer after dark yesterday. After I got out of the car, holding the carton and mobile eftpos machine and flashlight (Zebralight SC600) my hands were full. I navigated my way across the dark driveway to the front door dodging items and shrubs - thank goodness for my flashlight or I would have ended up on the ground face first! I made it to the door, knocked on the door and the customer greeted me and switched on the porch light. The light was blown so there was no light near the door, we were still in the dark. No matter I said and turned the SC600 on max then tailstanded it on the floor. The whole porch lit up like daylight and the customer said "holy crap! Nice light" I was then able to get the signature and be on my way.

Cheers

pitvpr

Newly Enlightened
To shed some light as i tighten a couple loose screws last night on my sons vehicle

JemR

Newly Enlightened
You poor man. That's alright. I'm sure you'll find a wife soon enough. A good accessory to have. They do come in handy. :grin2:

Thank you for your concern about my relationship status Monocrom. I know you are kinda pulling my leg:laughing:. But you need not worry. However, I do enjoy vacuum cleaning. It's pretty easy. You push it about a bit, on it's wheels, up and down the room a few times, around this and under that. The motor in the machine does all the hard work! NOT ME!!!! And most importantly for that small amount of effort you earn yourself plenty of brownie points and the opportunity to use your flashlight (looking behind and under things) during the day time. Easy.

It's a WIN DOUBLE! my friend.:twothumbs

Nyctophiliac

Flashlight Enthusiast
Today I used my flashlight (a Peak Logan QTC with warm CRI and in Stainless Steel) to illuminate the walls of a train tunnel I was travelling through (on the train ). The train was a Steam Loco pulling five carriages on West Sussex' "Bluebell Line".

The walls of the tunnel were covered in soot, this I expected. They were also covered in condensation, this I did not, but I should have - Hot steam/ cold wall interfaces tend to be wet!

My friend said that only I would find a use for a torch on a bright day in the countryside.

;-)

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast
Opened my Lumens Factory E-series module, took PCB with LED out, reflowed Nichia 219 instead of XPG, epoxied it back inside and soldered back... after assembly realized I now have both TINT and BEAM better than LF did with XPG...

Been clickin' on/off ever since... I'm sure I'll have to replace the switch soon because of all un-necessary clicking on this poor little thing...

Samy

Enlightened
MY wife's little old dog has been sleeping in the laundry lately. The last couple of nights she been restless, barking and not letting anyone sleep so last night i put my Zebralight SC51w in there on the second lowest setting to light up the laundry all night. Worked a treat and didn't hear a peep from her all night. The little dog obviously need to have a flashlight to be able to sleep ;)

sc51wpenpen.jpg

cheers

Richub

Enlightened
On my way home after dark I had a choice:
Go the long way around a big park without any street lighting, or go the short way through it with my TK15 as a bike light, and PD31 as an extra light. Easy choice for a flashaholic. ;)
Pity I didn't have my TK35 with me... ;)

tam17

Enlightened
Used my diffused LD01 (medium setting) to help remove a tick from my baby boy's shin. Although still small and flat, little bloodsucker looked like a space alien under a strong magnifying glass and R2's floodlight. Extraction was a 100% success, but we're still keeping our fingers crossed for the outcome...