What did you use your flashlight for today?

Launch Mini

Flashlight Enthusiast
Use the Haiku a lot during the weeked to Prep for our new business opening up.
Needed to ensure our REST Tanks were light proof ( checked seams, air intake/exhaust.
Then had a couple small leaks in the water system, so needed it to locate the source.

conman

Newly Enlightened
Not very interesting, but I used my pocket sized Rayovac to illuminate an area at work today where I thought I heard something :thumbsup: .

melty

Newly Enlightened
A couple of weeks ago I used a Zebralight SC600w and a Nitecore EA4w to explore the basement of my office building. The maintenance fellow had come in to repair a ceiling light and he offered to take some of us down to the basement for a little tour. Parts of the basement had no lights. I lit that place up like nobody's business. It was a fine tour; mostly empty space, but there were old boilers and boarded up elevator shafts from circa 1889.

Just now I used an L3 Illuminations L10 Nichia to help my coworker find a spring from his pen. The very same spring he lost while trying to shoot it at me last week... he missed.

Ishango

Enlightened
Not specifically today, but the past few days on my holiday. We visited an island where they take a lot of environmental care of their nature reserves. One of them was close by. On the island in most parts they only use street light in areas where it is necessary for safety, etc. This means outdoors can become really dark. I've used my ZL SC51w, Olight T10 and SF 6PX Pro almost every night to walk the dog and to check out the area. I also used my SC51w on moon mode to check on my daughter while sleeping.

collin482

Newly Enlightened
I used my Zebralight H502 to look for something in my dimly lit basement. Since the field of view it covers is so high and the beam is so uniform I forget I'm even using a flashlight until I turn it off and realize how dark it is without it.

BarryG

Enlightened
Used my SolarForce L2T/Vinh XP-G2 to find and fix a plumbing leak at 5A.M. this morning.......... Happy Mothers Day!

Barry

YAK-28

Enlightened
trying a little drywall work in a new basement bathroom, i needed some light and my pelican remote area light worked perfectly. i actually got to use it last week for an extended time taking apart a small radio repeater site to be moved to a new tower location. it ran for almost 9 1/2 hours on high before it started blinking(battery warning). not bad for a $220 find on another site. it was extremely helpful and not much of a suprise to my coworkers.

Yorgi

Newly Enlightened
Used a Fenix PD32UE to break up a raccoon fight in my neighbors tree. Sounded like a murder taking place out there until I lit things up and they wandered off.

PANGES

Newly Enlightened
Used a Fenix PD32UE to break up a raccoon fight in my neighbors tree. Sounded like a murder taking place out there until I lit things up and they wandered off.

Maybe it wasn't a fight. Maybe they were celebrating mothers day and trying to reproduce. Good job ruining mothers day for them. :whistle:

Imon

Enlightened
I was chatting with a HVAC technician today in my attic (which is dimly lit with one poorly placed bulb) and I noticed that he was using a 3x5mm LED headlamp with a ugly angry blue tint.
I tried to play it cool as I ran off to my light stash to grab my ZL H600w. When I got back I blasted the attic with 600 lumens of neutral white goodness. There was silence for a bit then he said "Wow, that's a bright headlamp you got there" followed by more silence. Then finally he said "Uhhhh.... the batteries in my headlamp are almost dead..." :hahaha:

I could tell he was impressed but he was just trying to play it cool too. :D

Risky

Newly Enlightened
I was chatting with a HVAC technician today in my attic (which is dimly lit with one poorly placed bulb) and I noticed that he was using a 3x5mm LED headlamp with a ugly angry blue tint.
I tried to play it cool as I ran off to my light stash to grab my ZL H600w. When I got back I blasted the attic with 600 lumens of neutral white goodness. There was silence for a bit then he said "Wow, that's a bright headlamp you got there" followed by more silence. Then finally he said "Uhhhh.... the batteries in my headlamp are almost dead..." :hahaha:

I could tell he was impressed but he was just trying to play it cool too. :D

I notice the people who actually have a need for the lights we collect are the ones who don't bother to buy a high quality light.

Yorgi

Newly Enlightened
Maybe it wasn't a fight. Maybe they were celebrating mothers day and trying to reproduce. Good job ruining mothers day for them. :whistle:
LOL.... I am certain they were not "doing it like they do on the Discovery Channel". Two adults were fighting while 3 pups watched. It was so loud I could hear it in my office with windows closed and music playing.

fredted40x

Newly Enlightened
I notice the people who actually have a need for the lights we collect are the ones who don't bother to buy a high quality light.

Strange isnt it. Have noticed that too.

We are having the electric meter changed at work next week and I bet he brings something pants. Il be there with my D25C and the TM26 if it arrives.

When I broke down in my old car a few years back at midnight I had the AA come out. He used something like you would find in the pound shop. Utter useless. Whipped out the M20 warrior and acted as the sun for him.

Don't know how they came work with such rubbish.

fredted40x

Newly Enlightened
1am woken by what sounded like someone attacking our gate.

Grabbed the new tm26 and whacked it on turbo and had a look when something came running behind me.

Directed the light straight to their eyes and then realised it was a police officer who is probably temp blind.

Two kids were running from them and cut across our gardens being chased by wagons and everything.

Probably looked like some judo expert or something as I only had the chance to put some black trousers on.

Unfortunately they were gone so that was the end of the action.