What did you use your flashlight for today?

jmwking

Newly Enlightened
Used it when cleaning a plugged drain in the trunk of my car. Tired of a wet back seat...

-jk

Shark86x

Newly Enlightened
Used my S1 baton to light up the inside of the furnace while repairing it. Love that magnetic tail.

Used it again while scrounging around for some lumber in a dark corner of my garage.

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
Had a fun night walking with my wife to drop her off at an event. I pushed my bike while we walked and then rode back home. I rode back again and then walked her back home when it was over. It was a really nice warm day, and I used the Fenix BC30 bike headlight when I rode which has been really awesome for all the night riding I've been doing.

Tre_Asay

Enlightened
0ocBvNu2R2b_YhRH11enGBwfY4ai6l9XwYgYmWnyjMNsW3pCzLbb9az4OFX7IBYR1s7rQSoNMCHu4vxolhzVJeMhWBYjXNt26I1tHGQf8_i_PndZ4jWjph3eJGuY_LHVa2ZVZCvC3KYtJg02_0LldCfEBAJ4oZaAc-96ids4qSeHBiOebdYtzO3zZ3AQQoFifc4ZOswpoMA4pVAjqu03kZufZ58_eyu5MmuSFj5FWnXsM3SLZMJWc1Ndh3W7-0cgpEdBbhfyx9nHBmNUvSG8wh44MycrwQ1AMMFa_OC0qOnVqNIFwjKkA-3pBSP9LCfHglNhn9ns76tgXfHT_9WJ2fc9SCFaNUjpY8W_7BbbiE42t7L5ipK0SW-cMC3EwTUYGUkOShg9SKwouLC-kCM71nyTxLm8DgAtZ60L4oCXavnaaOWsmgHq-wYUco2ClQ8yF-SX7mKouijKqagur8kDzx460zdbovE51sNR2wsUngB89cnCM2EGJfIk4s6XvGVWsM0bM8yuwwylyKXN572ht4r2HtUh904gI-L-JhCWmnIHMkRey2sjp81IiEzNRZIgKpy_=w489-h815-no

We had some family over for the weekend, here is a little cousin of mine drawing on some poster board that we hung up for random art. I let her use my h502 high cri flood light, I just handed the same headlight to my uncle to use as a reading light.

herektir

Newly Enlightened
My helmet light batteries(needed fresh cells) were very dim when i tried to search an attic for the smoke source on a firecall. Solution was to wrangle out my keychain from under bunker gear, pull off my olight i3s turn it on high and clip it to helmet. Found the spiderweb of wiring that caused some insulation and part of a 2x6 to smolder. Power was shut off, pulled out the smoking insulation and spot of water on the 2x6 saving the house.

PROTOOLNUT

Newly Enlightened
Well I am glad you asked. Cause I just happened to grab my Ultrafire for a quick look inside my desktop server machine. I was looking to see how bad the dust buildup was. Oddly, it seems to have accumilated less dust in 2015 then it did in 2014 lol. I will still blow it out before this summer comes around. A clean machine, is a happy machine.

BTW, I love to see people's drawings, sweet.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
My helmet light batteries(needed fresh cells) were very dim when i tried to search an attic for the smoke source on a firecall. Solution was to wrangle out my keychain from under bunker gear, pull off my olight i3s turn it on high and clip it to helmet. Found the spiderweb of wiring that caused some insulation and part of a 2x6 to smolder. Power was shut off, pulled out the smoking insulation and spot of water on the 2x6 saving the house.

^^ this!!!
Pretty dawg gone cool. Thank you!!!!

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
Helped a friend move a few boxes to a relative's house in the middle of a thunderstorm. It probably wasn't the best timing, but it's when I was available and when he had time to do it. I used the Fenix TK09 to light up the inside of the car and make sure that we grabbed everything he brought.

xzel87

Enlightened
Oh and hey yes, the lights were out down there. Had to change out bulbs to!

Forget fixing it, just hang a flashlight under the light switch. More fun :nana:

H52W late last night mucking around in the yard testing out the headlight strap and beam...need to diffuse the beam a little.

Inebriated

Newly Enlightened
Some power outage fun... And by "fun", I mean coming home, noticing the distinct lack of light, and changing and going to the bar until power was restored.

The Surefire Sidekick does a great job of filling a room with light, even on its lowest setting.

fsrkewd

Newly Enlightened
used it to search for some random noise inside the house, and turns out its from rodent

LeanBurn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Used the TiS to peer down a ISP conduit...when I fired it up into high the guys eyes around me widened and a one said "whoa that little guy blinds !"

They all took a look at the light, admired the quality and heft of it...then we remembered we had to look down the conduit....LOL

ronniepudding

Enlightened
Big rainstorm yesterday, with thunder and lightning to boot. Really strange weather for February in the northeast US. Anywho, gutters were overflowing because of all the water and because I didn't clean them out in the fall. Got up on a ladder with my Zebralight H52W strapped to my head on H1, and cleared the blockage on 4 drainpipes in the pouring rain. Got soaked, but could see what I was doing very well, thank you.

SG Hall

Flashlight Enthusiast
Arrived home late with 2 sleepy kids, 2 arms full of gear and an S1 baton. Turned it on to light the way to my front door, and it ran for 3 seconds and went flat! Fail!

vulferius

Newly Enlightened
I use my lights morning and evening when I walk the dogs all winter long. The days here are short in the winter and long in the summer so a good flashlight gets frequent use in the Pacific NW :)

Latest posts