What did you use your flashlight for today?

eh4

Flashlight Enthusiast
Too tedious and too numerous to mention.
When you have a tool you use it, when you're without you do without.
I use high setting for seconds at a time on any given day to get a better look at something, I use moonlight and low several times a night to find something in the shadows quickly, I use a long running medium mode occasionally to help me take care of an involved problem of unknown duration.
I switch and charge batteries every few weeks or so whether I need to or not.

Sharpie

Newly Enlightened
I bought a brand spankin new 40ft 5th wheel trailer for the family a few weeks ago and found an amazing spot to park
it for the foreseeable future.

My first big project this week was a 8x10' PVC shed that ended up taking me almost 3 days to build by myself. What a PITA. Over 600 screws!

my Sunwayman EDC25 was used extensively after dark for some end of the day constructing. The magnetic base and side light were a godsend. I also used my Fenix HL55 to help me align hard to see screw holes. it is also
a great headlamp for wandering around in the dark after a few strong IPAs!

bykfixer

Flashaholic
600 screws? Is that all? :eek:
Built a metal shed lately? :sick2:

Sounds like those flashlights served you well and that magnet must've come in VERY handy when arm pump (from twisting screws) kept causing you to have the hand cramp droppsies.

Richub

Enlightened
Yesterday night I had a 'hilariously sad' use of my Jaxman E2.

The sad part: While riding home I saw three young ladies obviously searching a dark lawn for something, so I got off my bike, grabbed my E2 and lit up the grass around them.
Next thing I know I got cussed out for blinding them... Yes ladies, that happens when you start looking at the light instead of at the lawn where you lost your keys, LOL.
Anyway, after being called a MF for blinding them, I just put the light away and left...

The hilarious part: When they saw me leaving I got cussed out for leaving them in the dark. They even started cussing each other out for chasing me off, and that almost got them in a cat fight. LMAO.

Like Forrest Gump already said: Stupid is as stupid does. :grin2:

Gt390

Newly Enlightened
My grandson and I were using a dollar store shotgun shell shaped light and an arc aaa as dive toys in the pool. They both took a beating as a lot of his attempts to throw them resulted in crashes on the cement patio.
The arc came through fine but the dollar store special did not like the water so much. Or the cement landings either I guess.

DIPSTIX

Enlightened
I used my TX25C2VN at work to calibrate the CNC IMA edgebanding machine. After adjusting the horizontal positioning of the flat scrapers i had to show it off to my buddies. They were very impressed when they used it. They asked what it cost and then proceeded to carefully hand it back. Lol

Last edited:

mickb

Enlightened
lol I forgot there was a computer game of the name. They are sort of timid long nosed rats that nibble insects and shoots, tend to run the wrong way when startled, or freeze in plain view. rather don't live up to their virtual reputation :D

ven

Flashaholic
Well imagine the destruction if they did act like the game!

Used a few lights to take some quick beam pics of work lights that get used daily
L2T stainless with 219c 5700k
yLYgDiV.jpg

D4 219c 5000k
qi2TvgL.jpg

G2 with OR 219b 4500k mule(300lm)
7g3gXAX.jpg

Olight m20vn 219b 4500k
vvZnCgN.jpg

6p sportac triple 219b 4500k
e2HQiwT.jpg

P1 219b 5000k(iirc or near that)
YAxNTRv.jpg

ven

Flashaholic
Yes Mike, right tools for the job springs to mind. I find vinhs D4vn works very well, gives that bit more punch without distraction and over flooding the sides. A more narrow spill/flood focused up front which does not distract in some application's. Mules work great for immediate close up lighting, can be positioned pretty much anywhere near a subject to softly light in hi cri. For work, a mule, triple / quad(or both), reflector for the traditional beam to give various options for a variety of conditions...................condition based lighting!

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Used my zebralight flood and hi cri headlamp to light paint some pictures. Was on a one week hunting trip and the sky was clear all week. The aurora was insaine at times, so had to spend some time outside taking pictures in the dark. But was a litte annoyed that the foreground was too dark on the pics, so the solution was to use the headlamp for one sek to light up the foreground while taking pictures. Came out quite well.
Ybk98mE.jpg

FaZxXh0.jpg

Bv7iFwE.jpg

ven

Flashaholic
Wife came home last night with a deflating tire. Used my Emisar D4vn to find the nail in the dark. Not the opportunity I was hoping for, LOL.

Could have been worse MAD, using hi cri the nail could have popped right out at you! ;)

Borad

Enlightened
I used my Olight I3E EOS to check for excess grout that I need to wipe off of the bathroom wall. An even wider flood would have been better but I like the length of the light.