What did you use your flashlight for today?

Stress_Test

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've heard they slow down at night but I figured they would wake up quick if I started swatting at them! lol

I go the chemical weapon route: Raid from 15ft then RUN RUN RUN!!! :LOL:

ilikeguns40

Flashlight Enthusiast
I liked Arc back in the day and had two at some point but gave them to some people. Last year I see their website and decide to buy one but they are now out of buisiness. I guess Peak is the closest I'll get now. That said I have a Brinkmann incan, Mag Solitaire LED, and SF Titan which never get used.
Peak are awesome lights. I own a SS Eiger and SW40 emitter. It's fantastic
IMG_8613.jpeg

Last edited:

Poppy

Flashaholic
I used one of those $10 USB rechargeable 18650 lights from Walmart to see the bolts, holding the starter in my son's boat. The bilges of the boat were wet and greasy. I laid the light down, thinking that if it rolled over, and into the mess below, it wouldn't be too upsetting.

Working on a boat is sometimes like working on a corvette. Everything is in the way, and hard to get at. My son rigged a strap around the starter, so I could hold it in place from above, while he reached in from the side and underneath to fasten the two bolts.

A half inch 3/8 drive socket got stuck on the last bolt. He was trying to tap it with a hammer, to get it loose. I told him... "Leave it, we have plenty more"

1685303680658.png

Last edited:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I used my Malkoff 1x123MDC/M361W combo in a VME (say that 3 times fast while drunk) to spot the valve stem on my truck tire that has a slow leak. Pumped in 5 lbs of air with a portable compressor trying to beat a thinderstorm that was approaching.

The Lord took pity on me and gave me enough time to get it done before lightning became an issue.

10 minutes later it was raining giant rain drops.

Last edited:

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Today I was using my PD36R to search for a misplaced gadget. As part of the search I walked into a dark storage room and aimed my light around. Suddenly it hit a disco ball that was sitting on a table and the room was suddenly transformed into an 80s nightclub. All that was missing was some BeeGees music.

Stress_Test

Flashlight Enthusiast
Today I was using my PD36R to search for a misplaced gadget. As part of the search I walked into a dark storage room and aimed my light around. Suddenly it hit a disco ball that was sitting on a table and the room was suddenly transformed into an 80s nightclub. All that was missing was some BeeGees music.

That ol' PD36R is still stayin' alive, huh?

Stress_Test

Flashlight Enthusiast
I watched the music video just now. That guy's hair is magnificent. My hair was kinda fluffy like that, back when I still had it!

I never grew it out that long though!

jz6342

Newly Enlightened
Working on my annual inspections and used my Streamlight 1L-1AA several times to see small details my old eyes don't see that well anymore in decreased light :)

Attachments

• sBXETpm[1].jpg
    sBXETpm[1].jpg
    455.1 KB · Views: 35

Poppy

Flashaholic
Two days ago, I noted that areas of my back yard lawn were turning brown, so I watered it a bit.
Today, I noted that 40% of my front lawn was turning brown, so I watered it. I know that dusk is the wrong time, but I did it anyway.
I set a timer, and when I went out to turn the sprinkler off, I brought my recently found Solarforce L2N with a P60 XML2 driven at 1050 ma. IIRC. Of course I had to shine it on the back yard fence, the neighbor's trees, and houses 100 yards away. I can appreciate why I liked it so much, and why others were blown away back in the day that LEDs were just starting to come into their own.

1685760871695.png

Chainsaw

Newly Enlightened
Honestly...I used my fw3a today to try to find the wurkkos ts25 I think I dropped in the garage last night...

Didn't find it...yet.

Don't know if that makes me a genius or an idiot. :)

Poppy

Flashaholic
I woke up this morning at 4:30 AM, and my LED clock wasn't lit.

I didn't know how long the power was out, but one of my two, auto on power failure lights was lit, the other was not. The battery ran out.

I set my TN30 on it's lowest setting and tail stood it in the bathroom, and a 2 C cell ML25? on top of the living room entertainment center. An hour later the lights came on.