What is your oldest?

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
Found a 4 D cell Streamlight from about circa 1981-2 the other day (has a reverse clickie.) Not sure how long the batteries had been in there, but I was surprised that they weren't leaking. I'm guessing that they must have been in there for at least 10 years (!) as I don't really remember seeing that thing in quite some time, and there was still a little (very little) life left in them.

Anyhoo, I did remove the batteries and will put fresh batteries in them if I use the light again. I'm thinking of dropping a 4 cell Mag LED module in this light (yup! it fits and has the same kind of threaded collar as a Mag). The reflector is not cammed for focusing, however it can adjusted along the threads for focusing.

schiesz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a few of these all metal hardware store lights I got out of my grandfather's basement, I have no idea how old they are, but they are not very new! The particular one in this picture I fixed up for him with 2 CR123s and a 4 cel xenon bulb. It is very light and very bright now, he was pretty impressed when I gave it back to him.

The lamp in the background is from 1909 I believe, but its no flashlight. My dad collects that brand of lamp, its an aladdin.

04122006031.jpg

schiesz

Last edited: