What was your first loved flashlight?

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
Incan Mag Solitaire purchased in the early 90s.

The solid anodized aluminum body just oozed a feeling of quality that lights prior to Maglight didn't have.

Unfortunately, while the Maglight looked great (until the Type II anodizing wore off), and felt great in the pocket or hand. The actual light output left a lot to be desired.

It had a zoom head with 2 beam patterns: "Donut Mode" and "Spot Mode". Donut mode projected a wide extremely dim donut with an enormous hole in the center. It was useless. Spot mode was useful, but the output was so dim it was only good for about 10' or so. Main use was to find the keyhole for a door when you're standing right in front of it.

Toohotruk

Flashlight Enthusiast
Incan Mag Solitaire purchased in the early 90s.

The solid anodized aluminum body just oozed a feeling of quality that lights prior to Maglight didn't have.

Unfortunately, while the Maglight looked great (until the Type II anodizing wore off), and felt great in the pocket or hand. The actual light output left a lot to be desired.

It had a zoom head with 2 beam patterns: "Donut Mode" and "Spot Mode". Donut mode projected a wide extremely dim donut with an enormous hole in the center. It was useless. Spot mode was useful, but the output was so dim it was only good for about 10' or so. Main use was to find the keyhole for a door when you're standing right in front of it.

It's funny to think that I carried a Solitaire and only a Solitaire for a good 20 years, using it working construction, as well as at home. I got laughed at a lot, but the same people that laughed were always borrowing it. Those old incan Solitaires were about as bright as a match, and that's with new batteries, lol.

Nimitz68

Enlightened
Surefire 6P. That's the one that started me on my flashlight hobby/journey.

Tom-1979

Newly Enlightened
Mine was a used Fulton MX 991/U.
Great Flashlight 30 years ago...now i prefer my zebralight
SC64w hi...its more edc-able and got. some extra lumen compared
to the Fulton!

Cool Pocket Stuff

Newly Enlightened
I bought a Fenix E21 as a teenager for running at night. It blew me away that a light that was so affordable was so much better than other cheap lights. I always had that light with me as it showed me how useful a nice flashlight is.

Katherine Alicia

Enlightened
ever-ready-handylight-display-card_360_134d292676e5ffea96717afa96089dab.jpg

This was my first ever torch, I was about 4 years old and remember it well! I had endless fun with it and really miss it (I`m still on the hunt for another).

AlienBug

Newly Enlightened
1980s 2aa Duracell Durabeam

My mother bought it for me to take on a Boy Scout camping trip and I used it for years. Tough, lightweight, compact, and pretty bright for the time IIRC.

DU00007.jpg

Buck91

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mini maglite of course! Even bought the accessory kit so I could use the red and amber lenses to preserve my night vision since that xenon bulb was so bright ;)

My maglite 3D got me into "modding" with the magnum star bulb and a UCL lens!

sween1911

Flashlight Enthusiast
The early Brinkmann 2AA that was a direct copy of the Mini Mag. Bought at the K-Mart in Rio Grande, South Jersey just north of the bridge into Wildwood. Same headshape as the Minimag except the head was non-removable.
Carried that thing everywhere, my first real EDC.