whats your profession and whats your light for it?

rexdriver85

Newly Enlightened
I somehow got the strion and stinger confused (size wise)

I was just thinking of the tool truck coming by. my uncle works at a body shop and alot of guys there gets streamlight.

the warrenty thing makes alot of sense

but I often times don't really need a ton of light, nothing over 80 or so lumens for 90% of my tasks.

I carry the streamlight 2aaa in my breast pocket (have been for years) and a mdc 1aa in pants pocket. but only ever use it on low and medium.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

The Streamlight pen lights are also super popular, I've had a few but just preferred a flashlight that was a little more substantial in the hand.

I backed a piece of heavy equipment over one of my Strions once, the body became a little egg shaped and I had to use pliers to remove the tail cap, but it still worked fine for years after that.

But now I am having fun trying out all other kinds of lights, really enjoying warm HCRI emitters. Especially since I do a lot of wiring repairs, can't believe it took all these years to discover them, lol.

wicky998

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Streamlight pen lights are also super popular, I've had a few but just preferred a flashlight that was a little more substantial in the hand.

I backed a piece of heavy equipment over one of my Strions once, the body became a little egg shaped and I had to use pliers to remove the tail cap, but it still worked fine for years after that.

But now I am having fun trying out all other kinds of lights, really enjoying warm HCRI emitters. Especially since I do a lot of wiring repairs, can't believe it took all these years to discover them, lol.
i hear that bro

those SL are tough as nails

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I see a lot of mechanics using Stingers. But that is folks with gigantic tool chests nearby iin their "bay" of a shop.
My mechanic uses a Stylus Pro mostly.

The Strion is a great light too. I have an older Stinger and Strion that start on high but if I used them for work I'd buy updated ones and ten tap them to start on low.

ven

Flashaholic
H2r stuck over a nice 20-30ft drop:duck:
UeT2UHQl.jpg

jUcW9Wpl.jpg

wicky998

Flashlight Enthusiast
Correct mr wicky, pretty much all my pics are by phone these days.

[emoji1303]

Didn't know if your job had you using a point and shoot camera

I know a guy who was a Systems turnover who had to carry a little camera around .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ven

Flashaholic
I do have a canon with slow motion video, the dogs doodars back 10yrs . Since phones have come on, it pretty much sits in my other tool box. Slow motion can be very useful for fault finding, many forget they have this useful tool.

torchsarecool

Enlightened
Im a groundsman on a holiday park. Do all sorts, plumbing, groundwork, gardening, fencing etc. Outside all year in all weathers.
Ive been using my tool 2.0 AA mostly. Sometimes my eagtac d25c (xpg dedome) if im lone working late and want the throw for security.
I dabble on youtube to, maybe one day ill make a living from that. One can dream..

Falcon9h

Newly Enlightened
Welp... due to invisible medical problems I haven't been able to work since 05. Last job was a drug/alcohol counselor in a hospital detox. Smart enough to work nights! Used my (still have it) ARC LS to do rounds.
Now you could say that I'm a canine dad. 🐕🔦 I do lots of night walks so I use whatever fits my mood, usually one of my mooded 4c mags. (quad XM-L's, still very capable) I can hold it under my arm when I'm picking up poop, and since I have pretty lousy night vision I need a good 500 lumens to be comfortable and see everything around me. Plus it's a good skull cracker should the wrong crowd come around in this rural area. Sometimes I'll take a Noctigon meteor at dusk so I can use the bicycle strobe mode so I don't get whacked out by beyond-stupid drivers.

jmcf1949

Newly Enlightened
I am a retired weld inspector inspecting truck frame welds for Chrysler. Used my Surefire Peacekeeper daily as it offered a white beam with no artifacts or rings.

MarNav1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Trucker ...... Streamlight 4AA Luxeon. Cheap common cells, doesnt get cold in winter, throws fairly well for only 42 lumens. Has never failed to work yet either. :)

jrgold

Enlightened
I'm a pm for a general contractor. Among other things we do a lot of fire repairs, and my niche is mostly the older homes, victorians (in SF), and apartment rebuilds. Strange mix, but just how it ended up. I walk into boarded up homes, with no electricity and little light. There's sometimes homeless surprises camping out inside too. I carry an md4 when walking into a boarded up house, it's not maglite sized, but could still give a pretty good knock to the head if I had to. I also carry a smaller edc light on me. Today's carry was a d4vn. I take a lot of iPhone picts in these places and a floody high cri beam really helps the photos turn out.

https://imgur.com/gallery/mOR8MZT

Fish 14

Flashlight Enthusiast
I DESIGN FABRICATE AND INSTALL CUSTOM CAR WASHES. IE JET BRITE, FULLERS, AND YOUR BASIC GAS STATION CAR WASHES. MAG LITE FOR ON THE JOB. AND IN MY POCKET AS A TAC LIGHT I CARRY A MALKOFF MD2 WITH A M91T IN A 22.3 HEAD. THAT LIGHT REPLACED MY TACTICIAN. THE TACTICIAN HAD TO MANY GIMMICKY FETURES FOR A DUTY LIGHT.

Sent from my LM-V350 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Weld Inspector

Enlightened
Big mystery for my proffesion,Im a certified welding inspector i work in alot of powerplants around the country

For work I love the dependability of my olight

Around my neck a lanyard with a olight S1

In my pocket a olight S2 and a battery case with 3 spare 16340's

And on my hard hat a h2r nova in neutral

luipermom

Newly Enlightened
I'm maintenance engineer in a wastewater plant, so my EDC flashlight is useful many times when I need to examine something in a little electric board or we have a blackout and need to have a look in a electrical room.

Almost every day I have to get out mi flashlight of my pocket for using it in any moment, so I think it's a good companion for me.

ven

Flashaholic
Big mystery for my proffesion,Im a certified welding inspector i work in alot of powerplants around the country

And on my hard hat a h2r nova in neutral

Snap!!!
9gZVlvgl.jpg

Love the H2r neutral, i have many nichia's of all kinds, most LEDs in most temps. But the(i guess around) 4000k ish of xhp50, in the soft diffused beam is amazing. Might be 80 CRI, but it is spot on. I use medium the most, maybe 140-160lm ish . Mine gets used 5 days a week, many times each day.

I do have 3 surefires for those other uses in work, the z2 with 219b triple
d0o3n2Kl.jpg

Back up H2r along with a couple of others
kUyNFMfl.jpg

1936jdb

Newly Enlightened
I'm a commercial, industrial, and residential electrician. I use lights ALOT. Currently carrying a Nitecore mh20. Really works great, but still wish someone would make an infinity adjustable tail control (ala smart of, D10). Maybe someday...

Spin

Enlightened
I'm a retired, (16 years ago) 911 operator in the inner city. One time the majority of the lights went out & the backup emergency generator refused to turn on. I was the only civilian on the fourth floor who had a flashlight. I loaned my light for restroom purposes as well as lighting the stairs to exit the building when the shift was over. I told everybody to purchase a cheap light with an extra battery for emergency purposes. Not one person heeded my advice! Since my retirement i wonder if they ever had another power outage! Even my sister refuses to purchase a small light to put in her pocketbook. She said she has no need for one! Some day she will learn! A simple device to deter a fall or walking into unseen obstacles. Broken bones is a painful way of gaining an education!