12/22/2012: Where will you be?

JohnR66

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hopefully I'll be back on somebody's payroll or at least playing with something with a neutral white Z bin Cree.

Wattnot

Enlightened
I'll be home LMAO at all of the idiots who believe any of this crap. :nana:

Oh and this time, TAKE NAMES. I'm tired of all of these "predictors" quietly slipping out the back door, unnoticed and unchallenged, each time we pass one of their stupid "end of world" dates.

qip

Flashlight Enthusiast
waiting on a long xmas line probably cursing at the cashier and people who fumble with their money to hurry up :D , maybe i should bring my apocalypse stuff with me just incase

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
We will be running a sale on "Aluminum Foil Hats"!

Use CPF Coupon Code: EndOfWorld

:naughty:

Flavio

I would start selling them now.

Market them as "Apocalyptic Hats" :paypal:

You could give them a full money back satisfaction guarantee that it will prevent your destruction from Armageddon. If it fails, it won't matter.

Larbo

Enlightened
I'll be on the forums I frequent the next day telling all the doomsayers they got it wrong-yet again. :nana: People saying the world will end has been going on from time immemorial. Given their track record, I'm amazed anyone listens to them any more. But nevertheless I consider these types of people very, very dangerous. If enough of the public believes the world will end, mass panic can ensue, and it can become a self-fulfilling prophecy. Therefore, the best course of action is to ignore the doomsayers, encourage others to do likewise, and do whatever you can to discredit them.

Sure, the world absolutely will end some day, but that's in a time frame which dwarfs human civilization. In about 5 billion years the sun will exhaust its fuel supply, expand, and probably swallow the inner 4 planets. However, there is also the possibility that the solar wind will push the Earth into a larger orbit while this is happening. If so, then Earth itself may survive, although not in any condition to sustain life. It will likely still get very hot first, probably hot enough to boil off the oceans. After the sun finishes its red giant phase, it will turn into a white dwarf, and the Earth will freeze over. Death by fire or ice or both. But we don't have to worry about it for another 5 billion years. Even if the most optimistic scenario of life extension comes to past, it's virtually certain I won't be around to see it (unless I hitch a ride with Dr. Who).

Ah yes...another National Geographic Channel Lover like myself:twothumbs
I cant get enough of these programs! Assuming there are no asteroids or other calamities in the future (wont be the case thou) in a billion years its estimated the earth with be about 160F during the day. Any way you look at it we are doomed. :poof:

SFG2Lman

Enlightened
Ah yes...another National Geographic Channel Lover like myself:twothumbs
I cant get enough of these programs! Assuming there are no asteroids or other calamities in the future (wont be the case thou) in a billion years its estimated the earth with be about 160F during the day. Any way you look at it we are doomed. :poof:

...the universe is too big not to be inhabited, and i think in the next 1000 years we will have travelled to and colonized other star systems, so earth will probably be a footnote in the human history book anyway

and i think i will go to vegas and see how lucky i am during an apocalypse :)

doktor_x

Newly Enlightened
Under the presumption that I haven't been pushed off of the mortal coil by Mad Avian West Nile Swine SARS or something, I'll most likely be thoroughly immersed in a flashback of Y2K.

Search

Flashlight Enthusiast
wow.

I was hoping some people were against my idea so I could learn about some of the more intelligent ideas behind the predicted disasters but it appears as though I should just PM lightwalker.

However LW, that is a long movie and I'm on limited time. One way or another, given 2012 comes and I have cable and football isn't canceled.. I'm kind of curious on if the days leading to 12-21 will hurt the economy in any way.

I'm kind of wondering if the whole idea we're going to die is going to cause mass chaos.

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
Under the presumption that I haven't been pushed off of the mortal coil by Mad Avian West Nile Swine SARS or something, I'll most likely be thoroughly immersed in a flashback of Y2K.

I still keep my Y2K Bugs and crash them down on the counter making their sound to remind me of how stupid the people obsessing about these claims are. Amazing that their Lithium coin cells are still working.

y2k.jpg

bullfrog

Flashlight Enthusiast
One way or another, given 2012 comes and I have cable and football isn't canceled.. I'm kind of curious on if the days leading to 12-21 will hurt the economy in any way.

I'm sure walmart and home depots will be selling out - would guess bullets will become very hard to get.

If the mobb mentality chaos looks to be an issue here in NYC, I will most likely be at our place upstate which has a generator and my shotguns :party:

SilentK

Enlightened
Surviving all of the people who are still freaked out from the day before even though nothing happened. As well as not being able to buy anything for the next 3 weeks because people would have sucked it all up.

Last edited: