12/22/2012: Where will you be?

thelightdude

Newly Enlightened
I still keep my Y2K Bugs and crash them down on the counter making their sound to remind me of how stupid the people obsessing about these claims are. Amazing that their Lithium coin cells are still working.

y2k.jpg

Mine stopped working early this year. I was thinking of surgery.

copperfox

Enlightened
The date could coincide with the collapse of the U.S. monetary system due to hyperinflation and the eventual worthlessness of the dollar. I think when that happens our leaders will cry for either a NAU currency like the Amero, or a world currency.

The collapse of the U.S. monetary system WILL happen. It's not fear mongering, or FUD, it's a mathematical certainty. The only question is, when?

Don't believe me? click here and then click "Click here to watch Crash Course"

EngrPaul

Flashlight Enthusiast
If our future is already planned, then I will probably be exactly where fate puts me. :rolleyes:

thelightdude

Newly Enlightened
Have to open bottom seam, replace 3 x LR44 button cells, sew seam shut.

Surgery completed, patient lived.

I love the Y2k Bug sound of breaking glass in the evening - sounds like victory.

A fine line of crazy glue closed the seam.

Has a very large speaker on the box - no wonder it is so loud.

Thanks, for the info dude.

RAGE CAGE

Enlightened
I would start selling them now.

Market them as "Apocalyptic Hats" :paypal:

You could give them a full money back satisfaction guarantee that it will prevent your destruction from Armageddon. If it fails, it won't matter.

Great stuff- you should be a pitch man......Buy 2 Faraday Cages and get a FREE "Apocalyptic Hat" and a bottle of Zombie B Gone...but wait- there's more!:tinfoil:

John_Galt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ah yes...another National Geographic Channel Lover like myself:twothumbs
I cant get enough of these programs! Assuming there are no asteroids or other calamities in the future (wont be the case thou) in a billion years its estimated the earth with be about 160F during the day. Any way you look at it we are doomed. :poof:

Well, if humanity is still here a billion years from now, we will most likely have adapted to the increasing heat. Probably won't live near the equator, but maybe in the oceans, at depth to stay cool.

Oh, yeah, I'll probably be in school. We didn't get a Christmas break last year until December 24th. :mecry:

RAGE CAGE

Enlightened
Yeah, making t-shirts in a USA sweat shop for rich Chinese.

Lux has awesome joke skills! Maybe we will all be employed as help desk phone drones for China and India.

The only thing that will happen is that the magnetic polarity of the Earth will reverse itself and the already active techtonic plates will rip themselves apart- the East and West Coasts will be underwater and the great lakes will empty into the missisipi river drainage basin. Other than that it, should be a normal day.:twothumbs

Juggernaut

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll do everything the same during the 21st but 5 minuets before midnight I'll grab my B.O.B. and clime into my 74' Lincoln continental mark IV. If midnight passes and nothing happens I'll go to bed and if there is no snow on the roads the next day "22nd" I'll drive that car around just incase I still need 70's sheet metal protection from nuclear bombs or the occasional 2012 crazy person;):D.

No better protection from an angry mob then a Lincoln Mark IV:crackup::p!

Last edited:

mudman cj

Flashlight Enthusiast
Where corn and pigs are grown unimpeded by trees
People that point to this date as the end of the Mayan calendar don't seem to realize that their calendar is circular and cyclical. Yes, this date marks the end of a cycle in their calendar, but it also marks the beginning of a new one. I look forward to a new beginning with great potential. :)

johnsonj106

Newly Enlightened
It's funny how many people believe the world is going to end based on the predictions of a civilization that used to cut open the chests of children and take out their hearts to offer up as a sacrifice.
To answer the OPs original question, the end is specifically predicted to happen at 0800 I think, so I'll probably be sleeping off my end of world party hangover :tired: