Flashlight Enthusiast
-6" Long Silver Mag Host
-Dual Stage resistored tail switch
-UCL Lens
-FiveMega premium holder for 6xR123 cells
-Custom Threaded heatsink
-7x Cree XR-E P4's wired in series
-7x MCR17XR Reflectors

Light pulls 180ma on low and 600ma on high. Depending on what cells are used low should give close to 4 hours runtime on low and well over 1 hour on high. This light on low is brighter than my P4 powered Tri-SuperFlashlight III in burst mode at over 2 amps.

IMG_0983-vi.jpg

IMG_0979-vi.jpg

IMG_0981-vi.jpg

jch79

**Do Not Feed The Vegan**,
Mac... are you friggin' SERIOUS?!?!? That is one seriously awesome light.

Quick (possibly stupid) question: Why 6xR123 instead of 3x17670? Just a matter of the voltage needed? Thanks - I'm still learning! ;)

Awesome job. Sick.

john

EricMack

Flashlight Enthusiast
:ohgeez: Whoa!! That is sick! You just keep raising the bar, Mac! :goodjob:

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
jch79 said:
Mac... are you friggin' SERIOUS?!?!? That is one seriously awesome light.

Quick (possibly stupid) question: Why 6xR123 instead of 3x17670? Just a matter of the voltage needed? Thanks - I'm still learning! ;)

Awesome job. Sick.

john

It's all about voltage. 7x XR-E's need around 24v in series.

Mac

chanamasala

Enlightened
Ramp up mass production of them! And put me on the purchase list.

Last edited:

cue003

Flashlight Enthusiast
I want to be on the list for this one. Would love to see an outdoor beam shot if possible.

Norm

Retired Administrator
Bloody amazing I know how much light my 4 X P4 mag puts out, I was excited about my light and :awman: now I feel very left behind by your masterpiece. Can anyone lend me money or Prozac, so I can fight the lumen envy that has just taken over my being.
Norm

Mac congrats on an amazing light.

Last edited:

Strauss

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have had to hold out with my pictures I took of that little beast, as I wanted to give you the honor of posting them first. I told you everyone was gonna bug out :grin2:

This light has a wonderful beam pattern, very similar to my Quad-LuxIII but brighter in both spill and hot-spot. Low on that light is in the ~300 lumen range out the front, and high being closer to 700...not too bad for a light that is sub-1D in length :naughty:

I tried to get Mac to sell that thing already...but since he finished it he has been EDC'ing it since :laughing: Holding that light in person made me knees weak and my stomach turn...it is truly a masterpiece. Great work as always Mac :goodjob:

I can't wait for my next trip....hopefully next time I will be coming home with something similar :)

kenster

Flashlight Enthusiast
You really did build it. You had me wondering. :p I Like it Mac! :twothumbs So it is direct drive. I was curious how you were running seven Cree`s and had two stages with a tailswitch.:)

Ken