Surefire Invictus & Optimus - expectations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Optik49

Enlightened
I spoke to customer service at Surefire today and was informed they are now going to release the Invictus before the Optimus. They stated they received so many calls on the Invictus, they decided to release it in June. Has anyone else heard this? I was holding out for the Invictus. Looks like its going to be a shorter wait.

cyberpunk

Newly Enlightened
Re: Surefire Invictus & Optimus Breaking News!

I spoke to customer service at Surefire today and was informed they are now going to release the Invictus before the Optimus. They stated they received so many calls on the Invictus, they decided to release it in June. Has anyone else heard this? I was holding out for the Invictus. Looks like its going to be a shorter wait.

Well - I (and my wallet) hope you are right, but based on how I feel about these two lights, I think this would be a marketing blunder for SureFire, if true.

I am certainly more interested in the Invictus than I am the Optimus - but I had already figured in my own mind that I was likely to get one of each of these lights primarily because I'm interested enough in the Optimus so to purchase one, but mostly because I am really terrible at delaying gratification and I'd get the Optimus since I couldn't really hold out for the Invictus, and then I'd get the Invictus as well.

However - reversing the release of these lights does not create the same situation for me! If the Invictus comes out first, I suspect I'll get it and be content enough so that it's much less assured that I'll end up with an Optimus, as well.

But of course, that's just me. I suspect SureFire could release these lights in either order and it would not impact sales much.

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast

If true IMHO this is too bad. I was looking forward to the optimus.
I was really looking for the ability to adjust the beam from wide to tight. I love the ability to have 2 beams in my new McGizmo Lunasol. The OPtimus takes this concept to the bleeding edge. Personally I am not positive that the difference between 200 and 400 lumens is worth giving up the ability to adjust/focus the beam.

there are 11 settings between low to high. so in reality the invictus just adds one brightness level to the optimus and removes the ability to focus.

The UA2 IMHO is the most high tech flashlight in the pipeline today. with the invictus running a close second.

Both lights are too big for my style of EDC but one of the UA2 OPTIMUS WILL BECOME A REGULAR FIXTURE INSIDE MY BAILOUT BAG. (Current light in bailout bag is a elektrolumens blaster Nice light great runtime)
I will be waiting for the UA2 before succoming to the temptation to buy the INVICTUS. I just don't feel like I need that much power.... Call me crazy.
Yaesumofo

Optik49

Enlightened

I also thought it was odd from a marketing standpoint. I thought they were releasing the Optimus first then the Invictus because a lot of people would want to see what another 200 lumens will deliver and purchase the Invictus. Even thought I did not preorder a Optimus I immediately thought wow those people are not going to be happy. From what they were saying it sounds like the difference of a couple of months with both out by September. Lets see 1 Invictus, 1 E2DL and 1 Arc6. It looks like an expensive summer.

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast

interesting, all the people on the Optimus Pre-Orderare gonna be :hairpull:

Crenshaw

xcel730

Flashlight Enthusiast

Interesting. The order doesn't seem to make too much sense, but oh well. I was actually looking forward to the Optimus more than the Invictus. The optimus is $279, I wonder how much the Invictus is going to be.

FlashSpyJ

Enlightened

Soon we can ask for BEAMSHOTS! :eek:

Really hope the INVICTUS are going to be bright! And not to expansive...

tazambo

Newly Enlightened

This is something that needs to be officially confirmed or not, as the case may be.

I've just ordered a E2DL, and will happily wait to have it shipped with a UB2 in June/July to save on postage.

I need to know......

Dave

Last edited:

WildChild

Flashlight Enthusiast

If it's true, I'm a happy camper because I was waiting for the Invictus! :D

Force Attuned

Enlightened

I would have thought if this was the case that Surefire would have released pricing details in the Invictus...any word yet?? :popcorn:

dandruff

Enlightened

doesnt make a difference to me except they'd BETTER NOT delay the release of the UA2. argh

Size15's

Flashaholic

doesnt make a difference to me except they'd BETTER NOT delay the release of the UA2. argh
Is that the release date purported on CPF and by SureFire Dealers on CPF?

I don't recall the UA2 having a release date.
(which is why I found it strange that CPF and certain dealers seemed to expect it to be released as early as this summer)

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast

I wonder if the run time will be better on one than the other at 200 lumen. I hope the Invictus isn`t a batt hog...as the 400 lumen light will be my pick as opposed to the 200 lumen focus.

I hope the price of the Invictus is no more than the Optimus. Should be about the same cost to make as it leaves out the veri-beam technology and I don`t think the bulbs are much differant in cost.

Tempest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast

Is that the release date purported on CPF and by SureFire Dealers on CPF?

I don't recall the UA2 having a release date.
(which is why I found it strange that CPF and certain dealers seemed to expect it to be released as early as this summer)

Aren't the release dates a few of the dealers are offering provided to them by SureFire? At least that's the impression I got. Not that that makes them set in stone at this point, of course...

Regards,
Tempest

Size15's

Flashaholic

Aren't the release dates a few of the dealers are offering provided to them by SureFire? At least that's the impression I got. Not that that makes them set in stone at this point, of course...

Regards,
Tempest
I don't know - something must have been very confused along the way because I was never given the impression the UA2 would be released before the UB2.

Tempest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast

Ah well, as long as they get here. It's not as if I'm in desperate need of one until they arrive :p

Regards,
Tempest

Status
Not open for further replies.