Flashlight Enthusiast
csz1.jpg

csz2.jpg

csz3.jpg

Last edited:

Patriot

Flashaholic
Re: SHOT OUT IV

Great location!!! I can ID the K3500, the Blitz and the Locator.

I can hardly wait to get the full story!

Hopefully you guys had a great time at dinner and during the shoot.

:popcorn:

Last edited:

BVH

Flashaholic

I think a good time was had by all. Even had an LAPD'r show up who turned out to be a CPF lurker. 300 Watt was the max on the HID front. Would have been fun to have had the 400 Watt HID modded Thor.

adamlau

Flashlight Enthusiast

Initial Impressions

1. I was impressed with both the LarryK and the Costco 80W.
2. I was most impressed with the Li-poly powered HyperBlitz.
3. The PH50 output whiter, more abundant spill than the HB2 50W.
4. The HB2 50W had a smaller, more intense hotspot than the PH50.
5. I am not a fan of high Kelvin HID bulbs casting blue light.
6. The Power On Board was not as impressive as I would have hoped.
7. Did I mention that I was most impressed with the HyperBlitz?
8. The L35 beam pattern will be clean and floody with good throw.
9. The Locator would be nice to have on my rooftop.

Canon SD1000
ISO Setting: 100
Lens Aperture: F2.8
Exposure: 1 Second
White Balance: Tungsten
Moon Illumination: 89 Percent
Distance: ~255 Yards

Quick & Dirty Incandescent Shots

incan-25-small.jpg

Image Processing Notes

1. Minimal unsharp masking (T=75) applied to offset downsizing image blur.
2. Brightness levels increased in order to reveal over and underexposed details.
3. JPEG quality (Q=80) and file sizes reduced for improved accessibility.

Last edited:

adamlau

Flashlight Enthusiast

Quick & Dirty HID Shots

hid-25-small.jpg

Image Processing Notes

1. Minimal unsharp masking (T=75) applied to offset downsizing image blur.
2. Brightness levels increased in order to reveal over and underexposed details.
3. JPEG quality (Q=80) and file sizes reduced for improved accessibility.

Additional Image Notes

1. Yellowjacket should be referenced to Yellow Jacket.

Last edited:

seery

Flashlight Enthusiast

Mr. Ted Bear and adamlau,

Any way possible to keep the thread useable for us dial-up users? Thumb-nails with
descriptions and an option to view larger image?

The PH-50 thread is a dial-up nightmare and now literally impossible for me to follow
because it locks my system up for so long. Even if I leave and do something else, it
will time out before it finishes loading the page 100%.

Curious as to the purpose of the +25% images?

Thanks and looking forward to a great thread.

Last edited:

Flashanator

Flashlight Enthusiast

hey adam, what was the last pic of? It looks too white for Hyperblitz. :thinking:

So when can we see some names to the pics? :poke:

JetskiMark

Enlightened

I had an excellent time and it was nice to get together with my fellow flashaholic friends once again. I met Adam for the first time and it seemed as if we were old friends. We could talk about lights and cars endlessly (and almost did).

I agree with all of Adam's observations in post #7. Except about being impressed with the HyperBlitz. It seems normal to me now and I need something significantly brighter. Yet it must still be lightweight, portable, well balanced and comfortable to walk with.

I can relate to what seery has mentioned. I was stuck with dial-up access only in my area until about eight years ago. I have bad memories of some pages taking half an hour to load and still not displaying every image. However, my 6mbs connection seems normal now and some pages can take several seconds to load if the server is slow. It should be as fast as turning pages in a book.

This could be a solution for those unfortunate enough to not have broadband available to them:
Everybody post massive quantities of embedded images (which I prefer) and forget about all those stuck in the 90's with dial-up.
I kid.
Embed all your images but also include a link to each full size image. Place the link right after the caption if there is one. If the images them self are captioned, just place all the links together in the post. When a dial-up user loads the page, just hit escape after the text loads. This will usually only take a few seconds. All the text and links will be there. The embedded images will still be there for broadband users. I do not like having to click on numerous thumbnails just to view all of the images. I much prefer to scroll through full size images on one page. I think that this could be a solution.

I am looking forward to the next get-together. We just need to find a suitable location which allows us to stay there until at least midnight.

Last edited:

Patriot

Flashaholic

I am looking forward to the next get-together. We just need to find a suitable location which allows us to stay there until at least midnight.

Mark, were you guys forced to leave your location early for some reason?

JetskiMark

Enlightened

Mark, were you guys forced to leave your location early for some reason?

I should have differentiated between a shoot out and a get-together. No problem here but at the two previous get-togethers at Griffith Park, we had to leave at ten.

The shootout just got me thinking about how fun the get-togethers are. And how enjoyable it is to speak with your flashaholic friends as opposed to typing. And of course, actually using a light that you have only seen pictures of previously.

BVH

Flashaholic

257 from Mr. TB's cam and 260 from Mtbkndad's. Not sure about Adam's - probably about the same as Mtbkndad's. Looks like we're all hanging around here like vultures, huh?

Patriot

Flashaholic

Looks like we're all hanging around here like vultures, huh?

Can you see me on my webcam or something? :crazy:

I'm forcing myself to turn my computer off now for several hours. :sigh:

Morepower!

Enlightened

Quick and dirty download

Hi, would it be at all possible to put a colour temp. to some of those shots ? Not all, but maybe just some of the ones that vary greatly. Thanks

Edited out pics, but it's the first lot of pics i'm interested in seeing some of the colour temps for.

Last edited:

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'll hang out with the vultures I guess. Can't wait to see some more beamshots of stuff I really should own but really shouldn't pay for. (most of them at least... huzzah for the N30)

One suggestion... let's try not to quote with pictures. Makes the thread much easier to view.