another good story...

cruisemissile

Enlightened
so I was out with my 5 year old son last night with some of the neighborhood kids, and one suggested to play "flashlight tag"
one of them pulls out a disneycartoonish flashlight, that was prob running rundown generic AA batteries or something, it was painfully dim.
so I pull out my keychain Fenix P1D-CE and they went crazy, they started fighting over it, it drew alot of "OOOHHHH, AAAHHHH, CAN I HAVE IT??!".
one of the kids ran around with the Fenix, and I was tickled to see how bright it was when he was AAALLLL the way down the street.
so one of the smaller children was literally crying because he hadn't gotten to use the light, so I pull out my edc, SF ED2L and as soon as I clicked it on high beam, everyone's eyes popped out and the crying child started squealing in delight as he got to run around with it.
again, i was thrilled to see how bright it was ALLLL the way down the street.
oh, and some of the parents that came out were dumbfounded too.
"lights are good for safety" , I said.
yessir, I'm a flashaholic..!:twothumbs

waddup

Flashlight Enthusiast
happy kids and flashlights :thumbsup:

i know a few folk here would rather watch children cry then risk a scratch on their shelf queen.

good for you for handing yourz over:candle:

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Good job, cruisemissle. I'll bet a few Dads will soon be asking for your advice on what lights to buy. Spread the gospel.

Geoff

cruisemissile

Enlightened
thx..., I figured, these lights are made for police/military use, why not tough enough for kids?
I'm happy to say my 5 year old is responsible enough to use my lights responsibly and even put them back on the display shelf when he's done, (even my surefires!)

HKJ

Flashaholic
It is always fun to see small kids with light, but remember that you need a light for each kid to avoid any crying and the lights has to be nearly equal!

Strobe is also a huge hit with kids, at one time I had two 5 year old kids playing with a Fenix TK10 and a Surefire L1 and then (by accident) I activated the strobe on a Fenix P3. Immediately I had two kid hanging on me, trying to get it!

cruisemissile

Enlightened
It is always fun to see small kids with light, but remember that you need a light for each kid to avoid any crying and the lights has to be nearly equal!

Strobe is also a huge hit with kids, at one time I had two 5 year old kids playing with a Fenix TK10 and a Surefire L1 and then (by accident) I activated the strobe on a Fenix P3. Immediately I had two kid hanging on me, trying to get it!

strobe is fun for sure, that's what the Fenix P1D-CE did and got attention, starting the commotion and ruckus.

HKJ

Flashaholic
strobe is fun for sure, that's what the Fenix P1D-CE did and got attention, starting the commotion and ruckus.

Another thing with small kids, they are very good at picking up the UI of flashlight, I never showed them how to switch the TK10 to high and I always has it at low, but when the kids used it, they immediately switched it to high. I tried a few times to switch it to low, but they immediately switched it back to high.
With the Tomahawk they had to ask, but with a short instruction they could tell everybody else how to use the light.

I am keeping my more advance light away from these kids, I do not want to do a lot of reprogramming!

balou

Enlightened
hmm.... my five year old cousin apparently asked for a flashlight for christmas. Maybe I should get him an E01.. then he'd have a better light than his dad :) And of course better than the cheapie he got :)
Well, or at least some Fauxtons, an E01 is maybe to big for a casual gift.
And if he's really becoming a flashaholic... then an E01 could be a birthday present.

cruisemissile

Enlightened
Another thing with small kids, they are very good at picking up the UI of flashlight, I never showed them how to switch the TK10 to high and I always has it at low, but when the kids used it, they immediately switched it to high. I tried a few times to switch it to low, but they immediately switched it back to high.
With the Tomahawk they had to ask, but with a short instruction they could tell everybody else how to use the light.

I am keeping my more advance light away from these kids, I do not want to do a lot of reprogramming!

we have to remember that kids are way more intelligent than all of us. their brains are fresh and strong, and they are sponges at asboring things.
for example, computers, complex video game controllers (Wii, XBox, Playstation, etc...), so the U.I. on a flashlight is a piece of cake for them.

Furzork

Newly Enlightened
if a bunch of kids of this age cant kill a light,
nothing can
;)
Apparently, Pelican thinks so too.
pelicanGuarantee.jpg

tebore

Flashlight Enthusiast
we have to remember that kids are way more intelligent than all of us. their brains are fresh and strong, and they are sponges at asboring things.
for example, computers, complex video game controllers (Wii, XBox, Playstation, etc...), so the U.I. on a flashlight is a piece of cake for them.

I remember how bright I was at 6, so that's why I give kids more credit than most people. It's always puts me in awe how fast they can learn and remember things.

My girlfriend has 2 nieces (3 and 4 yrs)that adore me because I'm the fun "uncle" with all the cool toys. I feel warm and fuzzy when they quickly apply what I teach them.
The one that's 4 knows how to use my HDS and loves blinding me on max with it. Even though I'm seeing nothing but a blackspot for a while I just can't get upset, a child's laugh is just too touching.

Apparently, Pelican thinks so too.

Ahaha I was just about to post that.
Adding: The lights are fine in the hands of those 5 year olds and won't break. It's the under 5 year old crowd you gotta worry about.

cruisemissile

Enlightened
I'm adding another story-
we were out last night, my wife, my son and I at a restaurant, somewhat later than we expected.
so on the drive home, my wife jumps in the back seat in the car on the way home to read my son a story or two to settle him down on the way home. this was possible to the "low" setting on my SF E2DL, y essiree bob.

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
that ad is no fake? :thinking:

central (= german speaking) Europe ads are soooo boring, I always like to watch the Cannes Rolle and learn what spots are sent f.e. in Spain and the nordic countries.