24 - The 5th Season

Lightmeup

Enlightened
Yeah, Edgar is the one. Thanks, Cheapo. I would love to see him burned up or have Jack slit his back-stabbing, incompetent, POS throat.

Zigzago

Enlightened
KingSmono said:
Do you guys remember that time a couple seasons ago, where he was tortured to death?? And then they brought him back to life?? And like an episode later, he was kicking everyone's butts in this dramatic shoot-out?? It was so funny, because we were watching it thinking... Umm... less than an hour ago, he was clinically dead! And now look at him go! haha :)

-Allen

Yeah, that part was really over the top. The typical day for Jack Bauer is tough enough, but the poor guy can't rest for a minute even after dying...

I like the show, but sometimes it does seem like one big cell phone commercial. In this season's opener they had a close up of Jack's phone with the Sprint logo prominently featured. I wonder how much Sprint had to pay for that?

js

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow, Lightemup, don't hold back! Tell us how you REALLY feel, now. No need to be shy!

LOL!

Just wanted to mention that TigerLight FBOP flashlights were shown twice in the first four episodes. You guys missed that, eh? Must not be *real* flashaholics, then. Or at least so exclusively into LED's as to be LEDaholics only. hehe. Just kidding. :devil:

offroadcmpr

Enlightened
js said:
Wow, Lightemup, don't hold back! Tell us how you REALLY feel, now. No need to be shy!

LOL!

Just wanted to mention that TigerLight FBOP flashlights were shown twice in the first four episodes. You guys missed that, eh? Must not be *real* flashaholics, then. Or at least so exclusively into LED's as to be LEDaholics only. hehe. Just kidding. :devil:

I actually did notice it. I've never owned one, but I recognized the goldish strip of medal around by the bezel. I knew I've seen it on CPF, but couldn't remember what it was.:shrug:

Last edited:

Arkayne

Enlightened
24 = Chest Pain

It hurts to watch that show because of the suspense. I've got my airsoft gun and a target by the tv so I just shoot at it when I get nervous.

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lightmeup said:
Yeah, Edgar is the one. Thanks, Cheapo. I would love to see him burned up or have Jack slit his back-stabbing, incompetent, POS throat.

hmmm.... any reason on why you think he is a backstabber, incompetent and a POS???? What do you guys think?

-David

Lurveleven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have you noticed how the lead actors (Jack and the bad guys) can travel anywhere in 5 minutes while the tactical team is always 15 minutes away.

Sigbjoern

DieselDave

Super Moderator,
Edgar is incompetent but do I want him dead, nah.

Back to my girl Chloe
The Fox website has Chloe listed as a secondary support character (no glamour photo) but as much screen time as she's had the opening 4 hours she may have a photo one of these days. She treats Edgar like the idiot he seems to be, which I enjoy.

offroadcmpr

Enlightened
Lurveleven said:
Have you noticed how the lead actors (Jack and the bad guys) can travel anywhere in 5 minutes while the tactical team is always 15 minutes away.

Sigbjoern

As I lived in the LA area, lots of the distances are wrong. Even with out traffic(which rarely happens) there is not enough time to get from one place to another. LA is a big city, 44 miles wide in some places.

I like how it seems like everyone except for jack can and many times do die. It doesnt matter how big a part they played in this or other seasons, any one can die. It makes it a lot less predictable

bobisculous

Flashlight Enthusiast
!!! Like Whoa! How about it lastnight? Complete Season plot established without saying too much. I figured something like this would happen as it cant go on in Russia, but that would have been interesting as well. Go US Secret Service dude!

It was perfect too: I am talking JUST as the SWAT team was busting into the container, my TV sizzled out. The picture shrunk to the middle for about 3 seconds, then ZAP. Out it went. Ran into the family room yelling for the TV to be changed to Fox and could not care if the TV caught fire. I waited there till the show was over then went back into my room and could see a slight haze and a horrible smell. Just what you have to expect to happen as far as true suspence goes...

Cameron

KingSmono

Enlightened
bobisculous said:
!!! Like Whoa! How about it lastnight? Complete Season plot established without saying too much. I figured something like this would happen as it cant go on in Russia, but that would have been interesting as well. Go US Secret Service dude!

It was perfect too: I am talking JUST as the SWAT team was busting into the container, my TV sizzled out. The picture shrunk to the middle for about 3 seconds, then ZAP. Out it went. Ran into the family room yelling for the TV to be changed to Fox and could not care if the TV caught fire. I waited there till the show was over then went back into my room and could see a slight haze and a horrible smell. Just what you have to expect to happen as far as true suspence goes...

Cameron

LOL, yeah man, that was a great episode! I'm used to watching the Seasons on DVDs though; NO commercials, and you can watch like 8 hours in a row if you want. This 'week' between episodes is killing me.

-Allen

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
last episode was weak IMHO.... we need more action... I have a feeling a gunfight may just be arising. The episode with the airport was GREAT!

-David

TBY

Newly Enlightened
24 is one of the best shows out there. I can't wait for Tony to get back in on the action!

Ras_Thavas

Enlightened
Well, there was not a lot of action in this weeks episode, but there was a ton of stuff going on, and I liked it. Certainly established where the story line is going.

Not enough screen time for Chloe though!