500 Lumen - AAA Flashlight (photos) - Work In Progress - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

the_guy_with_no_name

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dissapointed, Guy. Just landed in Hawaii. No news yet though. Sheesh.

Just kidding, for real. I could never be dissapointed in you. Keep on truckin'. Maybe when I land in Guam tomorrow I will have a great email in my inbox.

Hi Alex,

Thanks for the post and chiming in during your tour.

If you can fly under the radar on our way from Kadena, I'll have 100 HF's lined up to guide you down for a quick rendevouz ;)

Planning to switch them on high for 15 seconds so you can get your bearings after which you'll need to switch on your IR cam to track the ensuing heat signal and touchdown in stealth mode.

I'll aim for roughly this time tomorrow (that'll be about 5am-ish US/EDT Tue) just in time for a bright start to the day :D

Tgwnn

DBCstm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmmm, how do you turn on 100 HF's at once? Neat trick, that! 50 people, one in each hand? 100 lights mounted with tail caps off, board rigged with positive to neg connections for 100 lights, make contact and they all come on at once? I'm glad I'm not charging all those Nukes!

Happy Trails, Alex!

Megatrowned

Enlightened
I am just checking as well. I know I had said "yes" to a X many, many pages ago. In a galaxy far far away... (Man, we need a emoticon with a light saber.)

However, if I have been bumped from the list due to the overwhelming demand for these, I won't :mecry: for too long. Just until the production version comes out :laughing: I will be happy to get one in the end, so no worries guy. Great job with the work your doing!

windstrings

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am just checking as well.
However, if I have been bumped from the list due to the overwhelming demand for these, I won't :mecry: for too long. Just until the production version comes out :laughing: I will be happy to get one in the end, so no worries guy. Great job with the work your doing!

Lux is a Really nice guy, I'm sure he will give up his :rolleyes:

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

recDNA

Flashaholic
Can we still reserve one and what will it cost?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 4 Beta

the_guy_with_no_name

Flashlight Enthusiast
Exciting!

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks smarkum ;)

Hmmm, how do you turn on 100 HF's at once? Neat trick, that! 50 people, one in each hand? 100 lights mounted with tail caps off, board rigged with positive to neg connections for 100 lights, make contact and they all come on at once? I'm glad I'm not charging all those Nukes!

Happy Trails, Alex!
Hi Dale,

That would be using a solid copper holder drilled out to accomodate 100 heads :)

Just checking in to make sure I'm still on the list, I don't buy many lights anymore but this one I want.

Thanks Radio,
Still on. :D

More details in the update I send after today's forthcoming update.

I am just checking as well. I know I had said "yes" to a X many, many pages ago. In a galaxy far far away... (Man, we need a emoticon with a light saber.)

Hi Megatrowned,

Thanks for chiming in and good to see you back here.
I've totally lost count how many it is now but once price & details are set, I'll take a final count and if the gap is not too large, try and bridge it with a couple extra.

Lux is a Really nice guy, I'm sure he will give up his :rolleyes:

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2
hehe, not so sure about that Windy :D

Can we still reserve one and what will it cost?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 4 Beta
Hi recDNA,

For now just an expression of interest is fine.
I can't ask or expect any solid commitments until more details are available.
thanks for posting.

Yeah, I posted my appreciation of the turbo in the wrong thread. Sorry....going to the MBI HF thread now.

Hi LuxLuthor,

Thanks and no problem on that.
Looks like your post here did well to shed some light :D

Tgwnn

the_guy_with_no_name

Flashlight Enthusiast
Subscriber update just went out,

Its the one that had to go, to make room for the big Torpedo update which will be next in line..

Tgwnn

the_guy_with_no_name

Flashlight Enthusiast
Crap. Didn't get it!
Just landed In Guam though. I'm seriously a lucky charm!

Alex,

There were a bunch of hmmm maybe hornets doing flyovers my house, seriously about an hour ago....
I flashed them with my new AA proto that just landed as it was too quick to get the HF's out.

Was thinking of you the hole time :D

lemme forward it to you, just to be sure.

Tgwnn

rdf

Newly Enlightened
Great update, Guy. And yet another teaser with the pic of the Torpedo in front of another "in the works" light .... Reminds me of the Apple Computer product announcements .... "oh yes ... and one more thing" .... Haha.
Thank you for the informative update; looking forward to the Torpedo update.

the_guy_with_no_name

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great update, Guy. And yet another teaser with the pic of the Torpedo in front of another "in the works" light .... Reminds me of the Apple Computer product announcements .... "oh yes ... and one more thing" .... Haha.
Thank you for the informative update; looking forward to the Torpedo update.

Hi rdf,

Thanks for chiming in and good to hear from you :)

Today's update was a little light but wanted to get it out there to clear the path for the next one which will be perhaps the best one yet.

Tgwnn

RCantor

Enlightened
I'm still interested in the x run. :) Any idea when you'll start? Once I resume traveling it'll be hard to respond same day to anything.

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
Someone's gotta be #1739, so I'll sacrifice myself. How long do you guys bet before the next post?

Very interesting udate, Guy! I'm a little curious about which direction you will be headed with that 'Nessie' head. I think it would find very practical uses for some if it had a magnet on the bottom or side(s) along the one in the back. When I see the size of it without the tube, one thing comes to mind: finger strap.

Status
Not open for further replies.