6P Vs G2

AlejandroA

Newly Enlightened
Hi guys,
I already own one of each, but need an extra light. I can't make my mind on either one, so I would like to ask you for pros and cons on this two models and wich will be your choice.
Thanks + Regards

Size15's

Flashaholic
G2 - Nitrolon body. If you're gonna stick with it as stock then the Nitrolon polymer body gives better protection against accidents such as drops.
The Nitrolon body has better grip - especially in the cold and wet.
The Nitrolon comes in a variety of colours (useful for finding it if you get a yellow one!)

I was using a 6P the other night - there's something about it that it great to use but I'd still use a G2 over a 6P because I find them more practical.

Al

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
AlejandroA

Since your going to purchase another light why not get something different? Say a E2e or E1L? Or a good headlight?
Kelmo

wquiles

Flashaholic
I have one of each and I find the G2 more "practical" for actual use since it is lighter, hard to see scratches, and has much better grip.

I have two of them, one old, and one new with the LOTC, and like Al said, both are Yellow :D

Will

chuck4570

Enlightened
How about a light with a different feel to it, but the best qualities of both the 6P and the G2. Get yourself a G2Z, it has the durability of the G2, and the Pyrex lens of the 6P, but it has a different grip then the others and it is quit comfortable ot hold. Can't go wrong with any of them.

Chuck

CLHC

Flashaholic
Like most of the comments here, I too have both of each. But my tendency would be to reach for the G2 than the 6P. It's the G2 that's in my grip I use for work. . .Why? Again, like what's been said here already—"for practical" reasons.

Topper

Flashaholic*
I have some of both and the G2Z's (black and green) I like the G2Z's best if it is a choice if not I would pick the G2 W/UCL lense over the 6P for the hot/cold reasons.Now that the new G2's have lockout tailcaps they really shine.
Topper

mateen

Enlightened
I love my G2 but I am hesitant to really push it with LED modules. When I need a P60, I always reach for my (yellow) G2 because it is lighter. The reason I even bought a 6P was to run a 3W module I modified. I've got a U-bin running at 1000mA in my 6P and it just gets slightly warm all over, which means it may be too warm to run in my G2.

Kris

Newly Enlightened
Both are great lights, but maybe try a 9P for only $19.00 more than the 6P. The 9P is a great light for the price.

UVvis

Enlightened
G2's don't stick to your skin when cold. G2's with the old style non-lotc work much better in the cold.

6P's pyrex lens does not scratch as easy, but they will break. 6P's make a more distinct metal sound when you drop it, helping you realize you dropped it.

Generally I prefer the 6P, but keep a G2's in my car, parka, and other places, as they are nearly disposable.

Action

Enlightened
I see a lot of people recommend changing the lens to a UCL one, exactly how does one remove the lens on the G2/6P/9P and replace it without losing the water resistance? I just want to see how easy or difficult it is before I go the UCL route...

Topper

Flashaholic*
A medium sized Swiss Army knife has a cap lifter that works pretty darn good. Place the flat screwdriver tip in one of the slots and the little cut out notch will fit in the slot across from the tip, a little downward pressure and just unscrew it. I understand that a wrench that removes the backs on some watches works real well but I do not have one.
Topper

RowdyOne

Newly Enlightened
I found that a small set of needle-nose pliers work very well to change the lens in a G2. Open them and place the nose into the cut-outs. I switched cut-outs on every twist so I did not always put pressure on the same ones.

wquiles

Flashaholic
RowdyOne said:
I found that a small set of needle-nose pliers work very well to change the lens in a G2. Open them and place the nose into the cut-outs. I switched cut-outs on every twist so I did not always put pressure on the same ones.

Yep, that is exactly how I did my G2 as well ;)

Will