What is a "Larry Light"?

jtice

Flashaholic
It was the original CR2 battery light that Larry made.
A symbol here of TOP notch quality and craftsmanship.

IMG_3433.sized.jpg

More phots here..
http://www.jtice.com/gallery/view_album.php?set_albumName=LarryCR2

~John

Geologist

Enlightened
And I have always really really really wanted one. Maybe one day I will be lucky and it will be raining Larry Lights and I will be outside hoping to get one!

I also had the pleasure to deal with Larry ahile back and found him a very nice person to deal with!

McGizmo

Flashaholic
IMHO, a Larry Light is any of the small lights he has made! I am a proud custodian (Carpe's term) of a few of his creations and since I can't remember their distinct names, they are all Larry Lights! :nana:

Now "who" is Larry? He is one of the great knuckleheads who has found a home in our dysfunctional community here. :grin2: (goes by tvodrd)

Larry is the master of lumens/cube.

When he is finished with his contributions to the FFF project, I believe he is going to work on a NBH model. NBH is "Near Black Hole" and it refers to the condition where light still escapes but mass and matter condense dimensionally towards a singularity. This last paragraph may be a bit shy of truth.

greenLED

Flashaholic
Small, bright, perfect creations are his signature. A very kind person, and one who is at the core of CPF spirit. Definitely one of the "good guys" on CPF.

Like McGizmo, I can't keep all of them straight in my head, so I call all his lights "Larry Lights". If you see his avatar (tvodrd), you'll see my favorite one.

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got to meet Larry this past summer, had alot of fun. I also got to see the Larry Light in person.

Larry also likes a good beer, which raises him up another notch in my book!

:buddies:

Solstice

Flashlight Enthusiast
I too was wondering about this highly venerated light I've heard mentioned. Very nice. Looks kind of like Enrique's CR2 Ion. Or, more correctly, I should say the Ion looks like the Larry Light.

bmstrong

Flashlight Enthusiast
My Holy Grail of lights. I've put up a couple WTB's for one but have come up sadly empty.

>>When he is finished with his contributions to the FFF project

Anyone have a link to this?

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have 2 of them....I only have 3 lights that I will not sell no matter what. The pair of Larry lights make this list.

Darell

Flashaholic
Two of them?! I thought that was illegal. Of course I also thought that Larry liked me more than you, so I guess it shows what I know!

I have actually been neck-carrying my LL since its last tuneup. Everytime I fondle the thing I am truly amazed at the craftsmanship, output and beam quality. If there ever were a light that was "perfectly" made - these come about as close as it gets. These ain't made on an assembly line, folks! These are pure Larry - blood, sweat, tears and borrowed Heineken.

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast
Darrell,

Remember that one of my Larry lights is the worlds smallest and best built CR123 light that was the first CPF benefit auction. It was not cuz Larry liked me that I won this auction. I have 2 Larry lights because I paid $601.00 for one. I think it was the best bargain I have ever ever ever made on a light. It is one of my favorite 3 lights of all time. It was my L-CR2 because he likes me. :)

MSaxatilus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got to meet Larry this past summer, had alot of fun. I also got to see the Larry Light in person.

Larry also likes a good beer, which raises him up another notch in my book!

:buddies:

What Phaserburn said!!! Hopefully we'll see both of you at PF V. Hey Larry, make sure you bring my Larry Light!! :wave::duck::drunk:

Lurveleven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Jon, what's the 3rd light you will never part with?

Now lets see what Larry can do with the new 10280 Li-Ion batteries...

Sigbjoern

greenLED

Flashaholic
Diode said:
Are Larry Lights available for sale?

If you're willing to pay at least what JonSidneyB did, then maybe. :nana: That said, even if you had enough money, no amount will pay for what receiving one of these as a gift means. Larry lights are priceless, for a lot of reasons.

Now I understand why these lights are not made for the money (which is precisely why people are willing to pay so much for them ;)). It took me some time to get here (and I like it better than where I was). Larry, thank you for helping me see the light again (pun intended). :bow:

No, no, I'm not drunk or high, just doing a little inner-searching these days. :crazy:

Last edited: