A newbies take on Flashlight interfaces

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast
Alright guys, I have now the Nitecore Extreme, the two new Nitecores D10 and EX 10 and the JetBeam III Pro IBS.

Of all three, I must say that I like the small Nitecore interface the best. It's super simple and requires ONE action only, SQUEEZE the button.

The JetBeam is a second as long as I use the low and high mode. I'm having problems with the custom settings which I'll contribute to being a moron but bottom line, if you can't make a light that everyone can use, how are you gonna sell it in quantity. After all, you CPF'ers can't sustain a whole market can you?

I DID not like the Extreme interface but it could be that it was due to the problems I had with it. I couldn't get it to ramp up and down and it was rally tight so we'll see now that they have replaced it with a new one (thanks Fenix/Nitecore USA/Edgetac despite that I didn't buy it from the USA). I'm guessing I still won't like it but we'll see. If I don't, it'll be up for sale together with my PILA GL4 and some other stuff.

I had no idea the pila was full blast only and I dont like the yellow light on it. Otherwise, a nice light.

So, there you have it, I LOVE the little nitecores.

HOWEVER, I do agree with some people that the piston is a little tight and I just had a little issue. I had turned the D10 off and set on a shelf and when I picked it up a little later, it was ON but on lowest setting??

I had turned it off on max setting but it seems that when turning it off, the button/piston hadn't come all the way out and it was still on but luckily, on lowest setting. Screwing the cap in and out it got taken care of but this does worry me a bit as it might do it again.

I love the piston idea but not sure if it's 100% ready or something and again, I say this with the highest degree of humility as I don't know squat about these things.

Note, the light just did the same thing again. Question, am I supposed to leave the tail cap a little unscrewed or am I supposed to be able to have it tightened completely and still turn it completely off? This is the D10 I'm talking about. My EX10 does not seem to do this.

I don't want to talk crap about a good product if I'm wrong so please correct me and if I'm wrong, I'm really sorry.

George

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
Some of the lights had issues where the LED would glow, even when off. This is a defect. I'd report it to your dealer (fenix-store?) for replacement.

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yep, it must be a flaw because this last time when I turned it off, I checked and it was off and when I looked again now, it was ON..

Thanks

HKJ

Flashaholic
The JetBeam is a second as long as I use the low and high mode. I'm having problems with the custom settings which I'll contribute to being a moron but bottom line, if you can't make a light that everyone can use, how are you gonna sell it in quantity. After all, you CPF'ers can't sustain a whole market can you?

With Jetbeam IBS your uses some time to program the 3 settings your expect to use and then your can change between these settings with a click and forget about all the programming.
That is the same way your uses light like NovaTac and LF5XT.

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fenix L1T
Loosen head for indoors, tighten head for outdoors. Soft press switch for momentary. Click switch for on/off.
No multiple clicks to go to any level.