All Gone - Christmas Gifts VII

theforester

Newly Enlightened
Re: Christmas Gifts VII

I would humbley like to be considered for this year's Christmas giveaway. I got sick with an unknown illness a few years ago when I was in college. :sick: Been to over 20 doctors since then and none of them even know what is wrong or how to fix it, so I had to move back to my parents. No income + student loans + doctor bills = No hope of good flashlights for me in the forseeable future. :broke:

Not sure if this counts as "high end" or not, but I was able to buy a Fenix L2T (original model) back when they came out. I EDC it and it has served me VERY well. :thumbsup: That was what led me to CPF actually, I bought that light b/c of Flashlightreviews.com and found this forum from there!

Thanks so very much to everyone that makes this possible! lovecpf It means an awful lot.

musicamaker13

Newly Enlightened

Ah man, me, bigslick, and scarlet are all in the same boat! The raising of our tuition has made a pretty huge impact on my family in recent months :(

I would love to be considered lovecpf

Roberts30

Enlightened

I'd really like to be considered for the drawing.. I am a student and my disposable income is very small.. Thanks for doing a great thing here on CPF! :thumbsup:

jamie.91

Enlightened

what an awsome tradition! CPF generosity is unbelievable compared to other forums on the net and i am proud to say i am a member:twothumbs

i wish i had known about this tradition last year lol, i have been a student myself and yeah it can be tough, i spent 2 years studying mechanical engineering and in that time i EDC'd a MXDL 3W from DX lol

now am an apprentice and belive me it doesnt get mush better lol, im on a low wage and the cost of driving here in the UK is jaw dropping, i pay £1600 to insure my 1998 renault clio which is a shed lmao

BTW my most expensive light up to now is an LD01 SS

jamie
BTW lovecpf

how2

Enlightened

Hi keith

Can I be consider for the Draw?

Been unemployed for a number of years. My best light is a Ultrafire MCU-C7, I good but fragile. I would be happy with anything. I just want to receive something.

pipsqueakspace

Newly Enlightened

Although last year i didn't participate I remember the Christmas Gifts drawing left a lasting impression on me as it was the first time i've seen this kind of generosity on a forum. Since I still have no job and am digging myself further and further into a hole with college debt I would really appreciate being considered for this drawing. I used to have one high-end flashlight (a Fenix L2D) which i gave away to my dad because he fell in love with it. Could I still be considered for this year? Thanks so much to all who have donated, it's quite amazing.

Last edited:

blinkjr

Newly Enlightened

Hello ksbman. I wonder if I qualify: I have three daughters - 1 in college, 2 in parochial school (I am willing spend my disposable income to keep them out of government indoctrination centers!); this is my first Christmas on CPF; my highest end light is a RiverRock 2xAA (what can I say - it looked appealing).

If I don't qualify, I totally understand. Thank you for putting this together!

43X16

Newly Enlightened

I would like to be considered? Like some others I'm a student, I do get by, barely; the goodwill & generosity of this forum is overwhelming. Happy Holidays!

I would love to be considered. I am currently a college student and I have been cutting back majorly on my expenses because the public universities in California are raising tuition fees by 33%. :(. Thank you.

ps scarlet, I'm in the same boat, & out of state fees to boot :scowl:

R@ndom

Enlightened

I would like to be considered. I did not meet the criteria of more than one high end light at the start of the gifting. I lost my A2 yesterday :'(. There's a bright side to everything right?

Unemployed student who spent way too much on hobbies, I also managed to break or lose things way to easily.

Next year I am going to a selective school which means a lot less hobby time.

LightCannon

Enlightened

Can I enter the drawing? I was on hiatus for a while, but only because college apps were so hectic.

I'm back now, though (I forgot how much fun this place was. Don't think I'll be leaving for a bit, though.)

My highest end (and currently, only) light is (soon to be was) a Nitecore D10, but I'm passing that on to a good friend of mine, as she needs it more than I do.

notrefined

Enlightened

I've been going back and forth about whether to post myself in for this year's christmas thread, and I'm not entirely sure if I should qualify, or if it's too late anyway (the later two of those decisions of course being yours), but I think I've come to peace with the fact that I'm at a point in my life again where a little help would really brighten my day. I probably have more income than most of the people who have posted here, and unlike most no real fear of losing my job, so I certainly don't want to put myself before anyone whose lot is looking more bleak than mine. And I've already been a recipient of the generosity of these forums, and of yourself, as a recipient of Christmas Gifts II & III.
As a medical resident, I do have a decent income. My wife and I have five children to take care of, though, and since the birth of our youngest (a year and a half :) ), our combined salaries just don't get it done. Right now, it's an all out race to make it to the end of my training with enough cash to pay the rent, and christmas presents for the kids are the only elective purchases we can even really think about. The job (and the baby :) ) are also why I just don't get around to the forums (or anywhere else for that matter) very often anymore, though this month I have had access to a computer far more than usual. As you may know (because I posted about it here), my last splurge was a $20 headlamp, and it's my EDC for surgical emergencies. It's also my most expensive light, save the Saberlite and Eternalight I recieved from Christmas Gifts II & III- not that i haven't bought more expensive lights in the last few years, but nothing that I could afford to keep or didn't give to someone who needed it more.
Anyway, I guess what I'm trying to get at is, I'm old enough (or is it young enough?) that it's very hard to admit that a little kindness from strangers ( or rather dear friends whom i just don't happen to "know") would very much brighten my day, but if you think it's appropriate, I would cherish the sentiment of being included in your christmas "family" this year.

****EDIT****
After reading what I wrote, I think it might come across to some as a "sob story" of sorts...that was not at all my intent. I am blessed beyond measure in the health and happiness of my family, and the opportunities and success that have been opened before me. Which is why I feel guilt in asking to be included, and want to give some measure by which to judge whether I should be included, because perhaps i do have more than most and should not be included (and as I continue it occurs to me that perhaps even asking another man to judge is itself unfair). But as for most of us on CPF, not buying a new tool every once in a while is hard on the psyche (kind of like dieting), and since I truly cannot afford to buy myself one, I would greatly appreciate being included here.

Last edited:

Piloto13

Newly Enlightened

I would really, really love to be considered in this.

I've been browsing these forums for awhile when I first came here looking for a flashlight. Admittenly, I only registered recently but I plan on staying around here for awhile seeing how amazing everyone here is.

The only light I currently own is one I bought from Target before I came across CPF. Recently, the power has been going out alot in my apartment which brought me back here in search of something of a little better quality.

I don't have a fixed source of income at the moment, so this would be really special for me. Once I do, i'd like to one day have a torch collection of my own :).

sfca

Enlightened

I'd like to be considered for this. I have a job, but I'm going to quit it soon to concentrate on my studies.

I feel for you guys studying in Cali right now. I'm trying to gain admissions into UCLA. But man, look at the international student requirements!
I'm in an odd position where going to USC would cost me the same as UCLA.
As for high-end flashlights I saved up for an E2DL this summer that I bought off ebay. I've loaned that indefinitely to a relative for her protection.
I ordered a Quark Turbo to replace it at work for the time being. Ultimately I'll leave it up to you to decide if I can be considered.
I also won a fenix Mc10 in the naming contest but I have no need for it - and if that arrives in time, and no one in my family needs it I'd like to donate it.

ma_sha1

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm not a student, I am a Dad with three kids. I have Zero Flashlight budget, I have told my family that I will not touch a penny of family income for my hobby. So far I've kept my words.

I sell used stuff on ebay, buy & sell lights, mod lights & sell them to get funds to fund new ones but I usually don't keep them for long.

I would like to be considered for the event.

ksbman

Flashaholic*

Well, I'm leaving for work, so let me just throw this out there, in case anyone is waiting. :whistle:

Here's the order in which the winners get to choose -

1. hydrou
2. theforester
3. blinkjr
4. 43X16
5. Blight
6. dandism
7. seale_navy
8. Moka
9. ma_sha1
10. mefistofele86
11. eyeonthewall
12. notrefined
13 how2
14. scarlet
15. carling
16. neal71
17. es2qy
18. pipsqueakspace
19. Gitlaa
20. sfca
21. musicamaker13
22. bigslick
23. Roberts30
24. jamie.91
25. R@ndom
26. LightCannon
27. Qoose
28. Jackscrj
29. greenlight

And here's what they get to choose -

1. Zebralight H60, w/ charger and 2 Tenergy 18650's, donated by ksbman.
2. Surefire A2 , black, white LED's, w/ Strion socket, donated by ksbman.
3. Milky Surefire L1, smoothie and upgrade circuitry, donated by ksbman.
4. Muyshondt Ti Nautilus, donated by ksbman.
5. Drake, (Ti Standard) w/ charger and 2 10280 Li-Ion Batteries, donated by ksbman.
6. ARC AAA-P, donated by ksbman.
7. TiGlow, iceblue or green, donated by B@rt.
8. Dereelight CL1H v4, 3SD Q2/5A neutral warm white, donated by LEDninja.
9. Tiablo TL-1, donated by selfbuilt.
10. EagleTac P10A, donated by selfbuilt.
11. Quark AA Tactical, donated by edc3.
12. ITP Eos AAA, donated by greenLED.
13. 3AAAA Streamlight Stylus UV, donated by american lockpicker.
14. Quark Mini AA, donated by Braddah_Bill.
15. Fenix TK10, black, donated by Monocrom.
16. Fenix E20, donated by Monocrom.
17. 2007 Inova T3, donated by Monocrom.
18. Custom Leather Holster for AA/AAA/123 size light, no exotic skin, donated by Hogokansatsukan.
19. 5W Led Replacement Bulb, warm or cool white, donated by usLEDsupply.
20. Spiderfire X-03, matte gunmetal gray w/ strike bezel and Solarforce LC-1 (red band), donated by Black Rose.
21. Streamlight Stinger C4, w/ ac piggyback charger and 2 batteries, donated by scout24.
22. Terralux lightstar 220, donated by scout24.
23. Leatherman S1, donated by scout24.
24. Peak Matterhorn, black aluminum lug body, donated by scout24.
25. EagleTac P100C2, donated by AardvarkSagus.
26. 2AA Minimag, w/ 2002 Madmax (SSC P4?), Kroll switch, deep reflector from a Magled; wrapped in grip tape, and two old but good Duracell 2050's, donated by PlayboyJoeShmoe.
27. Fenix L0D-CE, black, donated by DonShock.
28. MiniMagLED, silver, donated by DonShock.
29. Star Trek Engineering badge, (R/H badge) with red LED (cereal box prize) , donated by DonShock.
30. Eagletac T100C2 MKI, (link is to a MKII, the MKI had less writing on the head and the Al is a hair thinner so it weighs a tiny bit less. LED, runtime, switch, and body seems just the same.), donated by Sgt. LED.
31. Mag MOP reflector with cam, donated by Sgt. LED.
32. Maratac AAA, donated by Youfoundnemo.
33. 12 CR123 duracells, donated by USACelt.
34. ITP C6, donated by Divine.
35. Surefire G2L, black, with a Malkoff M60LL, donated by Divine.
36. Lumapower ConneXion X2, donated by Divine.
37. Icon Rogue 1, donated by Divine.
38. Tiablo A7, donated by Divine.
39. Fivemega, Solarforce bezel, Bugoutgear (super premium) Drop-in Lego, donated by Divine.
40. Fenix P3D CE, Natural HA, donated by jhc37013.
41. RiverRock LED Headlamp, donated by BVH.
42. 2-cell Mag "C", black, donated by BVH.
43. 4 AW protected A123 rechargeable cells, black label, maybe 2 cycles on them, donated by BVH.
44. 4 AW protected A123 rechargeable cells, blue label cells before he offered the high current black label cells, maybe 2 cycles on them, donated by BVH.
45. Nano charger, the model with the longer cell charging compartment, donated by BVH.
46. 1x18500 FM body ,E2E bezel ,LF EOE-1R bulb and a 18500 AW battery,donated by Rick Woolfolk.
47. 2x18500 FM body, E2E bezel with FM TL3 bipin socket with bulb, 2 18500 AW batteries with WF139 charger, and spare LF EOE-2R bulb, donated by Rick Woolfolk.
48. Jetbeam E3P Q5, donated by Divine.
49. Arc AAA Snow, donated by Divine.
50. McGizmo HD45, HA-Nat, DB917 2-speed driver w/ a LuxIII UX1K. NOT WORKING. It died a couple months ago and I thought it was just the batteries. I just put a charged 18650 into it and nothing. Tried some primaries, still nothing. Hopefully whoever chooses this light can get it working and have a great light. Donated by ksbman.
51. Muyshondt Ti Mako, no Trit, BARLEY WORKING. A B/S/T light, has two levels, barley on and dim. Again, hopefully whoever chooses this light can get it working and have a great light. Donated by ksbman.
52. MJP Exteme III, donated by Uriah.
53. Arc AAA Ti GS, donated by nekomane.

I'd like to thank all the Santas who donated a gift for the give-away. :thanks: :bow:

RULES- Don't take a light just because it is free. If you have no use for what is available when it is your turn to choose, leave it for the next person. Please be considerate.

The first person on the list picks which light he wants and posts his choice. The second person then makes his choice from what's left and posts what he's chosen. And so on.

Once we get to the bottom of the list there will still be a lot of lights left over. We'll just run the list again, this time in reverse order, starting from the bottom and working up until all the lights are gone.

I will update the list to reflect what's been chosen already, but you don't have to wait on me. Just read the post ahead of yours and choose accordingly.

The process will take a few days because I won't notify you when it's your turn. You'll just have to check the thread to see when you're up. In the past, the people on the list below a slowpoke will PM/e-mail that person, several times. :poke:

On the first run of the list, if it's been your turn for two days and you haven't chose yet, you will be skipped over. On the second (or more) run, you have one day to choose before you are skipped over. If you have been skipped, you can choose whenever you do show back up.

After you've chosen a light, send an e-mail or PM with your address to the person who donated the light and we'll mail your light to you.

And it's not too late to be added to the bottom of the list if you qualify.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all! :santa:

This post will not be updated. All updates will be in the first post only.

Last edited:

csshih

Flashlight Enthusiast

doh I haven't donated yet....
..... grrr.. too many presents, not many recipients.. and some very nice presents, too!

hydrou

Newly Enlightened

Could you believe this? I just woke up after having a really horrible day yesterday as my father-in-law was buried... First thing at work, I started working going through my countless and boring work emails. After some time I remembered this x-mas thread and thought I would give it a try. And guess what? I could barely believe my eyes that I was choosen to be the first one.

So many nice lights and generous donators, I was completely overwhelmed. After some time, I got it narrowed down to the H60, the Quark Mini and the Muyshondt Nautilus. I had been longing for a compact Ti light for ages and cannot believe ksbman wants to donate his. If he is really sure, then I will gladly choose his Muyshondt Ti Nautilus to give it a new home replacing my old and worn Fenix E01 as EDC.:candle:

Thank you so much, making the 27th November to become the earliest x-mas I ever had!:party:lovecpf

theforester

Newly Enlightened

I am equally surprised at being picked 2nd, and exceedingly grateful to all of those who are donating! This is a wonderful gift! When I eventually get fixed by the doctors and am able to get a job I'll gladly give back by donating as well :)

I choose the Quark AA Tactical donated by edc3 :)

I've been reading quite a bit about 4seven's Quark lights lately and this would make a very nice replacement for my Fenix L2T! She puts out 2x as many Lumens on high! Thank you! By the way, Happy belated Thanksgiving everyone :huh: