Any way to create a Useful Mag 623 or 85

Beaver_2

Newly Enlightened

xeonsaga88

Newly Enlightened
Go to a hardware stall and get a pvc pipe with the right size to hold the battries so that it will not rattle. You do not need spacers for this setup , just turn over the tail cap spring.

Beaver_2

Newly Enlightened
Go to a hardware stall and get a pvc pipe with the right size to hold the battries so that it will not rattle. You do not need spacers for this setup , just turn over the tail cap spring.

Alrighty, is everything else about this setup all right? Just want to make sure everything's is right before ordering it all.

Chodes

Flashlight Enthusiast
Alrighty, is everything else about this setup all right? Just want to make sure everything's is right before ordering it all.

I think you are ready to go.
Charging won't be much fun - looks like that charger only handles 1 cell at a time?
I would suggest buy more than 1 bulb. It's fairly easy to damage a bulb just setting the light up , trial fitting etc.
Don't forget to clean bulb before switching on.

xeonsaga88

Newly Enlightened

yeah everything is good to go , good luck on ya build , you will sure be impressed by the fire starting capabilities.

Beaver_2

Newly Enlightened
Sorry to bug yall again, but my soft start did not come with any installation instruction. I used the search thing and couldn't find any helpful ones either. How do I install it?

Beaver_2

Newly Enlightened
Thanks, another question, I have everything ready to go, but I don't have the reflector yet. Now can I just turn it on for a few seconds in the old reflector just to see how it runs? I'm very curious. If not, can I take the reflector out all together. Or can I use the reflector with the 20watt bulb I got?

Thanks guys, sorry for constantly bugging yall. I'll have beamshots posted up when its all done.

Beaver_2

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys, I'm having a problem with my bulb emitting a little smoke. Is this normal? It seems to work fine but I haven't run it for more than 20 seconds.

Mjolnir

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes; that can happen when there is some kind of residue on the bulb. If anything gets on my ROP high bulb, it will smoke until it is burned off.

Beaver_2

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the tip Mjolnir, I was a bit worried for a little while there.

Sorry to keep bugging yall, but, I finally got this charger in the mail today.
http://www.kaidomain.com/ProductDetails.aspx?ProductId=2735

It says 2A, so therefore it should charge a 2.3 Ah battery in a little over an hour theorectically? Mine has been going for over 2 hours with the red LED on. Should I keep letting it charge?

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic

It says 2A, so therefore it should charge a 2.3 Ah battery in a little over an hour theorectically? Mine has been going for over 2 hours with the red LED on. Should I keep letting it charge?

Take it off and check the cell voltage.

Bill

KiwiMark

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yes - the CC/CV charge algorithm means that it is only 2A during the CC (constant current) stage. Once the cell reaches 4.2V under charge the charger will switch to the CV (constant voltage) stage and will charge with less and less current while keeping the voltage at 4.2V. A charge time of 3 hours is not unusual.

Mjolnir

Flashlight Enthusiast
I seem to remember that that charger actually charges at a rate much lower than 2 amps (I believe that it is actually below 1 amp). I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't charge with a true CC/CV algorithm either.

Beaver_2

Newly Enlightened
Yeah, after about 3 hours they're done charging.
Now I have a new problem that I'm concerned about, every time I out the tail cap on sparks fly out. Is this normal? I have yet to install the PVC pipe to make the batteries fit right. Is that the problem?

Billy Ram

Enlightened
With my useful mag85 running great I'm about ready to build a usefull mag458. This will be my project for next month and I allready have a good idea where I can get a beautiful quad bored host. I believe I'll be using a 3" head too. "I'm not trying to build a sleeper" Just something that doesn't play arround with dark.
Billy

Latest posts