Anyone here listen to the radio show called Coast to Coast AM?

HighlanderNorth

Flashlight Enthusiast
Head over to TuneIn or IHeartRadio, you could be listening now (and Coast To Coast is on..)

Well I have a rule that when I am at home, like right now, I only watch or listen to important, pertinent, educational, factual, real life programming, and since Coast to Coast AM is often more about entertainment than education, I forgo it.

Anyway, I must get back to Robot Chicken now......LOL

Last edited:

ANDREAS FERRARI

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been listening to C2C since the 90's.I wish Art Bell would come back but George still does a great job.

I still remember the night Art had a terrorist expert on and he was telling everyone to expect an attack on US soil.He even said "they're here and they're training to attack us."

That was 3 months before 9/11.Still gives me chills knowing how right he was.

Frijid

Enlightened
I'm another long time listener. George is okay, but there will never be another Art.

Geoff

yeah george is decent, but i prefer john b wells. i can't comment on art, i didn't know about the show until about 5 months ago, so i haven't heard art

EZO

Flashlight Enthusiast
As someone who has listened to the show since the mid 1990s I really miss Art Bell and the way he could orchestrate his show...and with no caller delay! He was a kind of artist in what he did and he will surely go down as one of the greats of late night radio, right up there with Jean Shepard. George Noory does an OK job but he ain't no Art Bell, that's for sure. That said, I too am a fan of John B. Wells and wish he were on more often. I'm also a longtime fan of George Knapp who like Art Bell also hails from Nevada and has been around since well before him. He was the reporter who in the 1980s broke the original Bob Lazar story about the alleged reverse engineering of alien spacecraft at Area 51. He has received a couple of Peabody Awards, the Edward R. Murrow Award for Investigative Reporting, the Mark Twain Award and a bunch of Emmys. He's a guy worth listening to and he hosts the Sunday night slot a couple of times a month.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
I just looked at John Wells' personal website. Nothing but article after article about radiation and how it's going to kill us all.

And what is he selling on his website? Geiger counters, of course.

Check, please... :rolleyes:

Frijid

Enlightened
I just looked at John Wells' personal website. Nothing but article after article about radiation and how it's going to kill us all.

yup, been there to. i think it was called caravan to midnight or something.

yup he i seen he was selling them to. kinda like how during 2012 with the mayan thing people was selling books on how to survive the end of the world. scam scam and more scams!

Frijid

Enlightened
I listen every nite at work nite security I've been wondering about c crane lights

i've seen them in a catalog from c crane i got free in the mail yesterday from them. they look ok, but i'll stick to my trusty 2 D maglite.

EZO

Flashlight Enthusiast

That is weird. I'd never seen John Wells' website before. It is odd to be so focused on a single issue even if it is all about selling Geiger counters. Well, I enjoy the way he conducts his slot on Coast to Coast, at any rate.

EZO

Flashlight Enthusiast
What I loved about Art Bell's version of Coast to Coast was how he would orchestrate the collection of unusual guests with interesting stories who would visit on a regular basis making outrageous claims that might stretch credibility but could fire the imagination. Remember Mel's Hole, or the regular caller who claimed to be a time traveler who, back in 1997, asserted he was from 2063? That "sounds from hell" recording showed up in connection with the Mel's Hole story, as I recall. The hole, in Washington State, was alleged to be 15 miles deep.

Last edited:

Frijid

Enlightened
the regular caller who claimed to be a time traveler who, back in 1997, asserted he was from 2063?

yeah i think the guys name was john titor, and i think it was 2035, IF we're talking about the same guy, i may be thinking of a different dude.

i get tired of the advertisements. i know they have to have money, but i hate it when they find clever little ways to fit them in with the show.

like if they are talking about storms, and someone calls in and geroge is like "are you in the storm that's hitting new york right now?", and the guy is like "yeah we've had a blizzard come through" and geroge will interrupt, "yeah, see this is why i tell all my listeners to buy a radio from C Crane. if you had a radio from C Crane you could be listening to it and not use the batteries cause it's got a solar panel and a hand crank, makes a great gift and is ONLY 79.99 dollars call today!" then he hangs up on the guy and goes onto the next person. makes me wanna put toothpicks pointy end first under my toe nails and kick the wall!!

and the call screeners are mostly rude when you try to call in. like once i called and the person on the other end picked up and just said "yeah"
i thought i had the wrong number so i just asked is this coast to coast?
he sighed and hung up on me. i rechecked the number i dialed and it was the right number

Last edited:

Frijid

Enlightened
they get some really wacky stories on their sometime. i remember when i think it was feb 15 or 16, the day when the meteorite hit russia, some lady called in and was like "these meteors are warnings from the people of mars, to stop invading them with the rovers and to stop spying on them with the satellites. they don't like it when you invade on them" and geroge was like how do you know? and she was like "they told me so"
i was laugh so hard i started to choke!

StarHalo

Flashaholic
Art Bell is returning - just not to Coast to Coast. George Noory announced last month that Coast would no longer be carried on Sirius/XM; it turns out that Art Bell has struck up some sort of deal to have his own show exclusively on satellite radio, not on terrestrial radio, where Coast will remain. Art has stated on his Facebook that he's ashamed of what Coast has become and will have nothing to do with it, but will at least return to radio in a non-competitive way versus his old show. He has implied that his retirement from Premiere Radio Networks was less than consensual.

Art Bell's Dark Matter premieres on Sirius/XM's talk station on Sept 16, and will air week-nightly from 7-10pm with "best-ofs" on Fridays.