Arc Flashlight Going Out of Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

CalgaryGuy

Enlightened
Peter and the Arc crew, I'm sorry to hear that. LSH-P and 4+ are my favorite lights and have been EDC them every day since I got them.

I was hoping to pick up a Rev 3 and an AAA which all the CPFers have been raving about. But unfortunately, only place to get them now are B/S/T and eBay…

I really hope things will work out for Peter as he's one of the few people who know so much about designing high quality EDC light.

Good luck and best wishes.

PluckyPleco

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
alanhuth said:
One thing I haven't seen mentioned: through your products and service you built up a very strong following. We all kept in touch through this website. Did you see how much volunteer expertise the blogosphere was able to direct at Dan Rather? You have your own blogosphere right here. Between all of us, we have lots of skills (and some of us have time on our hands). We could have helped you. You kept your troubles a little too close to your chest. Had you asked, I'm sure people at CPF could have offered all sorts of high quality legal, technical, financial, product development, marketing, joint venture, personnel, strategy, vendor management, manufacturing etc. expertise and actual assistance. I know personally at one point you were talking about doing something with manufacturing and I was close to offering to give you a week of my time if you just flew me out there. I didn't because I didn't want to presume. Had you asked for help, I would have gladly helped, and I'm sure a lot of others would have also... We all have a stake in ARC, to one extent or another, and helpful or not, I'm sure many people with at least some of the skills you needed would have been glad to lend a hand Please keep this in mind next time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well said.

I'm in for software, system engineering, industrial engineering, project management, sailing instruction, and First Aid/CPR instruction.

Pleco

bquinlan

Newly Enlightened
My first decent flashlight was an Arc AAA Limited Edition, bought back when they were first produced. I have carried it every day since and it has never failed me. My wife carries one too, and so do several of my friends. In fact, I don't know of anyone who owns one and doesn't carry it.

My wife and I also each carry an LS. They are small enough to go everywhere while filling the niche that used to be reserved for multiple D-cell lights ten times the size. Despite the rush of technology and new manufacturers, the only production light to have surpassed the LS in its category is the LS4.

Arc produced ground-breaking products, not just in terms of the technology but also in reliability and toughness. They backed up their products with a level of customer service that set new standards for any industry. Peter's commitments to uncompromising quality and ethical behavior were always evident. I am deeply saddened that the business was unable to remain profitable, but what was accomplished cannot be described as a failure.

I wish everyone at Arc happiness and success. And thank you for the outstanding products. I continue to use them every day.

--Bob Q

PaulB

Newly Enlightened
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif
My ARC LS will always be my EDC. ARC lives on.
Peter + ARC did a great service and did it first.
Thank you Peter + ARC crew.

z3r0

Newly Enlightened
might i suggest that if the party who siezed arc's possesions is going to auction them off, someone here try to buy some arc parts and assemble/sell the lights here on cpf to give some members one last chance to buy an arc. I for one would love to add a AAA to my beloved LSH's before i lose the opportunity forever /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

lazy_mole4x4

Newly Enlightened
Like everyone else, I am sorry to hear the news.
I do love my ARCs forever.

Best wishes to Peter and Merri.

lm4

dandruff

Enlightened
NOOOO!! Argh that sucks! sigh what am i gonna do with my Arc5 fund now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif...

in denial at the moment, really cant believe it. clinging on to hopes that one day arc might rise again from the ashes. oh well...

all the best peter, and thanks.

Double_A

Flashlight Enthusiast
well damm, double damm!

I bought my share of ARC's probibly about $600 worth, glad I still have some but gave even more away to happy owners, damm!

Mr. Blue

Enlightened
I just saw this and am deeply saddened, please keep my email so that I may be of help when you need it.

Mr. Blue

Enlightened
since I double posted....
3 AAA LE's
LSHP with all the kit
5 AA's
2 ARC 4+'s (REV 1...both perfect)
My 4 ROCKS

Mattman

Enlightened
I'm so shocked that I've been reading posts for two days now without being sure what to say. This isn't like losing a company, it's more like losing a friend because I know that I've always identified Arc with the people behind it and not like a company in the usual sense.

I'm yet another person that was introduced to good lighting products with an Arc AAA. My first one was purchased as a gift (kinda funny, eh?) since I wanted to give the coolest thing I could think of, but once I saw it I knew I had to get one for myself. I've since purchased another AAA, two AA's and an LSH-P. I'm saddened by the fact that I won't be able to purchase any more. Unless I find it, 9/22 will be a sad date for me because that was the last time I saw my AAA. That's kinda creepy.

Peter, I hope you keep your spirits up and your mind open because while it may seem like the end now, you may feel differently tomorrow or a week or month from now. We all wish you could get back into the flashlight business. Just remember: If YOU build it, they will come!

Glow Bug

Enlightened
Peter,

Sorry to hear about this. I sure enjoy your creations and hope you all the best. Here is an old one from the archives.

darellcowgod.jpg

sporchy

Newly Enlightened
I am awfully sad.

Many of you may remember that scene in Good Times when Florida finds out James is dead and she says "Damn! Damn! Damn!" and drops the punch bowl.

This is how I feel. I bought 3 AAAs, an AA, an LSH-P, an LSL-S and my ARC 4+.

So sad.

83Venture

Enlightened
To anyone backing up ARC info. Try to find and save the demonstration video of Peter using the settings on the ARC 4+.

Lebkuecher

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good luck Peter and I wish you the best. You made my favorite light and played a huge part in educating me on LED technology. I will miss your forum and most importantly your quality products. Maybe someday someone will step up and create a product that has your quality and service but without the name Arc it just won't be the same.

Godspeed in your future ventures.

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Peter and Merri,
Very sorry to hear about ARC. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
We live in a time of "might makes right" so the little guy doesn't have much of a chance.
We all love the little lights you have made with your hands. The lights we wouldn't have ever known, if it wasn't for you.

Thanks Peter. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/goodjob.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thanks.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
There aren't too many of these around.
Two outside the Gransee labs in Arizona, if I remember correctly.
One's on the western Atlantic coast, the other on the eastern Pacific coast.

arcls6.jpg

This is something I'll definitely treasure - even more so now that Arc is gone. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.