Are you "distributed computing"? "folding or seti"

dukeleto

Newly Enlightened
Re: Are you

I'll do my little bit to bump you/us bttt /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif

Olivier

shankus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Are you distributed computing?

I really need a new computer. I see that many members have processed much more that I in a very short time.
I'm still using a 1.1 GHz Thunderbird. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Brock

Flashaholic

I am using three machines, my wife's laptop, 1.6gig, my 2 gig home machine and lowly my work 550 (when it is on). So my results aren't from just one machine.

I am curious how many machines and at what speeds Bill H and Trailstoride are running.

I think I am very slowly catching Bill, but trailstoride is still way out pacing me.

torment

Newly Enlightened

I will probably join you fellows once I get my memory back from Corsair as it was defective when I purchased it. I have a P4 2.8C oc'd to 3.2 and it'll be running in about a week.

shankus

Flashlight Enthusiast

My friend is into OCing as well. He also like to water cool. He has a 4 year old, and a 5 year old, both have computers. He and his wife have one each. He is networked with his parents.

Currently, he runs seti on all of them, but my feeble efforts so far to get him to fold have gone unanswered.
I will step up my efforts.
I can use the standard argument about his children growing up in a more disease free world, I guess.

Hey, I might even be able to get him to join CPFs team (32102), but he might want to be a part of hardware central, which is where I think he hangs out.

Bill.H

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
Brock said:
I am curious how many machines and at what speeds Bill H and Trailstoride are running.

[/ QUOTE ]
I have it installed on my 2 2.5G P4's. Doesn't run all the time though, mostly at night. It also runs on an old P Pro, but that thing is so slow mine does more in an hour than it does in a day.

Looks like Trailstoride has 9 processors running.

Amazing we made it into the top 300, I was happy when we first broke into the top 2,000 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Be nice if we could get a couple dozen more CPFers on the team.

shankus

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yes, it would be very nice.
C'mon guys, think of how it will help you children, and loved ones.

I don't notice the CPU hit on my machine, and I'm only running it on a 1.1 GHz T-Bird. I have it start at boot, and it runs on mine constantly. I never turn off my machine.

dukeleto

Newly Enlightened

Hey,
do any of u know how to adjust the maximum resources used by a client under windows? On my windows(2000) machine it heats up annoyingly when running all the time...

Thanks,

Olivier

Brock

Flashaholic

Don't know on win2k, I suppose setting the priority down won't help if nothing else is running? I know on my old laptop if I had seti running the fan would kick in ever 20 min or so, if seti was off it never ran, that CPU must have been doing some serious work /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

shankus

Flashlight Enthusiast

Just thought I'd give the thread a bump. Perhaps drum up some more support.
It looks as though we've completed 3133 work units. Not bad!
Thanks for the help guys, lending the effort your spare CPU cycles.
Does anyone else want to join? C'mon guys, do it for your kids...

shankus

Flashlight Enthusiast

Wow, I have a 1.1 GHz machine, and the last time I checked, it was about 60 hours for me to run one.

Brock

Flashaholic

Somehow I don't think I am going to catch up with Trailstoride.

We are slowly creeping up the ladder as a team, about 1 place a week.

For the record I use hideIt.exe so I don't see it running on my computer. When I used to see it all the time I would inadvertently close the window all the time. Now it just runs. I made an icon with the -show one with the -hide switch so I can see it if I want. I have it start with the -hide switch on startup.

wasabe64

Flashaholic*

It's to bad that the console is not multi-processor aware. I have a dual pIII-1GHz running 8 hours daily, I currently have to run two separate console sessions simultaneously to leverage on the performance of both CPU's. It would be nicer to have both processors working on the same assignment at the same time to get faster turnaround.

kongfuchicken

Flashlight Enthusiast

I have arround 1000 units on two different accounts; I could add em to the team bu tI forgot how... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

shankus

Flashlight Enthusiast

I don't think you can add them. If I remember correctly, the team units will just start when you set it in the setup items. My previous units didn't add.

Spudman

Enlightened

You blew by me! Seven computers, how am I going to compete with that? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif