Are you "distributed computing"? "folding or seti"

shankus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Are you distributed computing?

Well, good news. I got my friend to run folding on some of his machines. I think it's running on three.

Also, I'll be gettng a new machine in a couple of weeks, he's building it up for me. I'm hoping it will be about a third faster, with folding. And, it shouldn't crash several times a day, like this 5h1t chunk I have now.

shankus

Flashlight Enthusiast

I got my new machine up & running. A Barton 2500, running originally at ~1.8 GHz, now overclocked to 2.2 GHz. Diggin' it...
My old machine did a frame of the work units I did the most, in ~10 minutes. This one does one in about ~6 minutes.

metalhed

Enlightened

Since you asked...

[ QUOTE ]
Seti@home
Results Received 7286
Total CPU Time 4.456 years
Average CPU Time per work unit 5 hr 21 min 25.4 sec
Average results received per day 12.19
Last result returned: Mon May 10 15:40:20 2004 UTC
Registered on: Sat Sep 21 04:17:53 2002 UTC

Your rank out of 4987971 total users is: 29322nd place.
The number of users who have this rank: 8
You have completed more work units than 99.412% of our users.

[/ QUOTE ]

and counting.

raggie33

*the raggedier*

i restarted doing it maybe .i hope more people join

raggie33

*the raggedier*
Re: Are you \"distributed computing\"?

ps how do i make it fold faster? im on a amd machine are there any comands i should use? sse is on now

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,

I'm curious what happened to shankus? he hasn't posted since 9/14.

Larry

idleprocess

Flashaholic

Been a while since I did FAH on my P3/450 - added myself to the CPF team using a more up-to-date rig.

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast

Just joined. I've been running the client for a while now, accumulating quite a lot of WU's, and what better place to contribute to.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

The folding research is a little beyond me, but I hope it does contribute something to make life better somewhere, somehow.

I used to do RC5 from '97 thru '99 and I must say I really enjoyed it back then when it was THE project to be with (there weren't any others /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif), but the point has been proven already, so I switched.

Gliderguy

Newly Enlightened

I have been folding for "overclockers.com" but I guess I need to move over to the CPF team now. Too bad I only have one comp, at one time I was folding on 4 cpu's.
My one PC is an Athlon 2600 stock speed but does run 24/7.
When I was running 4 comps 24/7 it only added around $12-$15 a month to the electric bill.

Brock

Flashaholic

LOL, well we need a couple more to move over on folding, we are actually slipping in our ranking over the last couple of months. Not that we are doing less, others are just doing more. I need a new computer, a faster one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

CPF Folding page

greenLED

Flashaholic

'been doing SETI@home for a couple of years now. Just checked:
"You have completed more work units than 98.883% of our users" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif At one point I had about 30 computers in a lab running SETI for me, but now it's me and my trusty laptop so I've gone down the ranks over time.

Brock

Flashaholic

I was down to 92xx place on seti before I switched to folding. I mean I like seti and all, but Folding seems a little more down to earth /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Come on you seti cpf'ers, help us fold /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif We have to break that 100 place team mark

IlluminatingBikr

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm folding on my laptop right now for team CPF. I am going to try and see if I get another computer folding for CPF.

raggie33

*the raggedier*

im folding now working on p1141.its a very slow one .but 600 points i think.but it will take me like 54 hours to complete lol

Spudman

Enlightened

I'm still pluggin' along on the cpf folding team. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

dukeleto

Newly Enlightened

Hehe, I'm trying to catch up Bill.H
It's hard work!

Olivier

idleprocess

Flashaholic

I've been running the command-line FAH client as a NT service for a while now - it's very nonobtrusive and it does not effect my computer usage at all.

I've contributed to the team and still been able to play moderately CPU-intensive games like Homeworld 2 in the meantime.