Area lighting/spotlight recommendation

OAM

Newly Enlightened
Can anyone recommend a rechargeable area light or spotlight with good runtime? Ideally I'd like to find a light for illuminating rails/jumps for night snowboarding sessions. Not actually holding the light and snowboarding with it, but setting it up on the ground or hanging it from a tree just to illuminate the jump/rail. Also would be used for extra lighting to take pictures of people doing tricks off the said rails/jumps. Most people use these http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs...langId=-1&catalogId=10053&productId=100655355

i'm sure I won't be able to find anything with that much output in a rechargeable, but anything that would be able to provide ample light would be nice.

I've seen the Peilican area lights like the 9430, however I'm wondering if there is a cheaper solution. i like the pelican 9430 because it has a built in stand but thats not necessary. I've also see people post about the Coleman rechargeable LED spotlight which is the only other solution I can come up with right now due to it's 2 hour runtime. i've pretty much ruled out HID's since most will not last over an hour. I'd be ok looking at anything over a 2 hour runtime. Thanks in advanced.

Cigarman

Enlightened
From what's available, you really may want to bump up the budget. Even the mighty little Amondotech N30 will last long enough with a spare battery pack or 2 but then its still $149ish plus $49.95 for the packs. Otherwise you may be stuck with a reeeealy long extension cord and area lighting or a bunch of POB lights ready to go.

OAM

Newly Enlightened
I didn't really have a budget in mind as long as in comes in cheaper than the pelican 9430, which is like 500-600 dollars i think. I only had the coleman in mind because of its runtime.

BlueBeam22

*Super Flashaholic*
Does the dorcy have pretty good spill? I'm more concerned with lighting an area more than I am with throw.

Yes the Dorcy has some nice spill at close range, but it doesn't have nearly as bright of spill as the Coleman. The Coleman's spill is approximately 3 times brighter than the Dorcy's spill, and it outs out a lot more overall light than the Dorcy. For your use I think the Coleman would be perfect.