Being a flashaholic can be hazardous!

Freax

Banned
WHEN I drank my fav Australian beer wasn't Australian at all, but Budweiser.

And I've drank quite a few.

Coming from a guy who used to bring home a SLAB of VB.

And had a Russian fridge with Stolichnaya in it.

Frijid

Enlightened
Reminds me of the time I was little messing around in my uncle's firearms reloading work shop and found some shotgun primers and got the bright idea to hold a nail to the primer and hit it with a hammer. Thank god it was just the primer it and wasn't any powder in it. needless to say i got cut and burnt real bad on my thumb and my rear-end

the thumb was from the primer, the rear end was from :tsk::whoopin:

sfshear

Newly Enlightened
I'm sorry that you got injured, and hope you're recovering in good form!

We actually see a lot of this stuff in the ED, and I've sewed up much smaller. It need not go "all the way through" to do damage.

Any day of the week in the emergency room is a drag, but definitely consider it if your wound area gets increasingly red and/or painful, starts getting purulent (pus) or if you notice any differences in dexterity or sensation all the way to the fingertips -- the later being pretty hard to distinguish considering you've got a 1/2" hole in your palm!

Not my top recommendation, but I've seen dudes in austere settings recover quite well by cleaning the wound thoroughly, approximating (rejoining) the edges with tape, and covering with gauze. However, the wounds were fairly superficial and did not get floridly infected.

Latest posts