Best 21700 Battery Light ??

boo5ted

Enlightened
Every time I see one of your posts, for a split second, I think I see a bug crawling on my screen from the corner of my eye. I know you are doing this in purpose, and I can never forgive you for this. :mecry:

Kinda like this?

7174724174_e8bfd26761_o.gif

:whistle:

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

When the EagleTac G3V has a neutral xhp35 HI in it, that'll be a strong contender.

nitebrite

Enlightened
Seriously. Even if you do not opt for the Skylumen. The Acebeam T27 or T28 are the best 21700 throwers that meet the OP's criteria that there currently are. They frown on huge lights of a few years ago. The T27 is reasonably small and throws almost 1200 Meters. A few years ago that took about 6 batteries. I would highly suggest that you put a Samsung 40T in it for maximum performance. They come with a battery but it cannot drive it all the way. Plus these lights have a magnetic ring selector and an instant tail switch. They are HAIII. Just a splendid package. The T27 is like 150 bucks. Again, a few years ago something that could do this would have cost over a cool grand. What I like best about them is how small they are. I just did get a Vinh one and I got the top one. It is insane for such a small light but even stock it is very impressive. I highly recommend these. I would not steer you wrong. I think I have been here long enough to have a voice. Although I am by no means pushing them on anyone. I have no investment in them in any way. I will give you a very big YMMV. If you get and don't like it, please do not blame me. I am simply saying that "I" am very impressed with them. One last thing, They have plenty of spill as well so they are not bad close up either. I mean you would not use them to work inside a computer cabinet but they are good at 5 meters too. Just remember I am by no means forcing anyone to buy it! I am simply saying I personally think it is the best 21700. Now, I do not think this is as bad as flooding the thread with advertisements? It is solely my opinion. Good luck, whatever you get!

db4rings

Newly Enlightened
So, which one did you go with.
I just got the Fenix PD40R. The best light ive bought so far.

Light, usb c rechargable, it tail stands, small enough to be pocketed occasionally or daily, and the best of all a simple rotary switch UI. No multiple buttons to mess with and try to memorize them all.
It has a 400+ meter throw and at the same time a great amount of flood.

adamlau

Flashlight Enthusiast
Convoy has quite a few 21700 options with their S12/S21 and M21B hosts. SST-20. SST-40. KW CULPM1.TG. Choices galore.

I don't buy Nitecore or Olight anymore.

There are 4 Convoys in my collection and I use them all several times every week. Good performance.

I have been looking at the Noctigon K1 with W2 led as a super monster turbo thrower. Vin seems to like it a lot and I haven't heard anyone putting it down. I will probably give it a try.

What I really want is a "C" head or Malkoff 21700 body. That would rock big time. Having just purchased some Samsung 40T 21700 button tops I had to try them out in something. Found out from another member that 2 x 21700 fit and function in a 3 x C Mag. I added a Pelican 3854 lamp and FM Deep reflector and now have a ROP that throws two hundred yards and is backed by 4amp batteries. Very happy lumens!

Update:
Oops. In a moment of weakness I sprung for a Noctigon K1. I guess I'm a serious flashaholic.

Last edited:

jabe1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Having just purchased some Samsung 40T 21700 button tops I had to try them out in something. Found out from another member that 2 x 21700 fit and function in a 3 x C Mag. I added a Pelican 3854 lamp and FM Deep reflector and now have a ROP that throws two hundred yards and is backed by 4amp batteries. Very happy lumens!.

Protected, or unprotected? I have been looking into a similar setup, or a 2c with an extended tailcap.
I'm hesitant to use unprotected cells of this capability in a 2s light.

Perfectionist... May I also suggest that you take a look at one of the lights sold by one of the supporting members on this forum? SkyLumen makes an impressive 21700 light: Sky Lumen XXI - 21700 Compact EDC Clicky R [SBT90.2 5700K De-Lens + Smooth Reflector / 4700L, 70Kcd, 529m]. It's an impressive light, and I believe it meets your criteria.

parang

Newly Enlightened
The Acebeam EC65 with high CRI gets my vote from the list, but I also like S12 Convoys in 3500K