Brightest AA?

LED-holic

Flashlight Enthusiast
LOL GrooveRite...

It's always been CPF8. Maybe 4sevens can create a special discount for Smart PD lovers, like the ones you mentioned. ;)

BabyDoc

Flashlight Enthusiast
LED-Holic, you should get that cough checked out. I know a good doctor, if you need one. But here is some free advice. It sounds, to me like you have a serious, fatal ailment. I haven't been exactly counting, but I would estimate at least 200 posts coughing out the same thing on CPF. You love the D10. :kiss: You sleep with your light, you shower with your light; perhaps, you even have carved "I Love YOU, D10" on a tree! Before this light grows any more on you and over takes your entire being, you need to buy stock in 4Sevens. At least then your heirs will profit from your D10 illness.:sick:

GrooveRite

Enlightened
LOL GrooveRite...

It's always been CPF8. Maybe 4sevens can create a special discount for Smart PD lovers, like the ones you mentioned. ;)

Thanks for the clarification LED-holic! Glad I didn't put up 'CPFROCKS' as my other guess cause that would of been embarrassing :eek:.

:wave:

LED-holic

Flashlight Enthusiast
LED-Holic, you should get that cough checked out. I know a good doctor, if you need one. But here is some free advice. It sounds, to me like you have a serious, fatal ailment. I haven't been exactly counting, but I would estimate at least 200 posts coughing out the same thing on CPF. You love the D10. :kiss: You sleep with your light, you shower with your light; perhaps, you even have carved "I Love YOU, D10" on a tree! Before this light grows any more on you and over takes your entire being, you need to buy stock in 4Sevens. At least then your heirs will profit from your D10 illness.:sick:
I have my 3 D10s in my will, as to who will receive them should I leave this world. These are among my most precious physical possessions... :D:D

hertz

Newly Enlightened
I am also looking for the brightest 1xAA light (not 2xAA) to use with NiMH, only. I want something to compete with the Fenix P1D Premium Q5 at 180 lumens. I thought I had found it in the Jet-I PRO R2, advertised as 225 lumens.

But it looks like I was wrong.

In this thread, https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/202436,
with all lights using NiMH, the Jet-I PRO R2 looks to have the (slightly) brightest hotspot from the beamshots. However when I look to buy it, the specs say it only reaches its 200-whatever-lumen-rating-super-brightness with LiIon rechargeables, rated only at 130 lumens With regular AAs, which doesn't sound all that hot, since I'm looking for something to compete with the Fenix P1D Premium Q5's 180 lumens.

Looks like there aren't any 1xAA lights that will compete with the top end P1D.

Still I want to bring up that this review http://light-reviews.com/jetbeam_jet-1_pro/ says that the Jet-I PRO R2 is "the brightest AA powered light to date." To date being January 2008. What gets me is that the measurements taken with rechargeable 14500 LiIon vs. NiMH is only in the 14500's favor by ~500 lux, which seems contrary to the 225lm vs. 130lm in published specs.

I don't know whether it is underperforming with the 14500 or overperforming with the NiMH. Can anyone offer some clarity? :shrug: