Cafe Off Limits Topics?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yep. Sasha's AKA Greta's House

And those of us who have been here more than a little while, well; we're quite happy with the way things are. :)

Plus one.

When I saw it on a 70' screen I entered into the movie as if it were an alternate reality. It was the first and only time I got to meet my pal LuxLuthor even though it was an alternative reality.

Have you guys noticed that the male membership, the majority anyway, seem to like pretty girls as much as gadgets, and guns and knives and flashlights.

And did you notice that the OP has allowed us to OT his thread without protest. I like the mostly friendly atmosphere at CPF. Sort of a pleasant alternative reality where I get to meet a colorful group of intelligent individuals. I wonder if Cameron would consider building a 3D movie of CPF. I would hope that he would employ some of the members on the production team.

mdocod

Flashaholic
Could you provide the legal argument supporting your view that discussing whatever topic you wish, on an independently held forum, is protected by the first amendment?

Then, after showing that such a forum is forced legally to permit it, could you show how governmental restrictions on a forum owner's ability to control and direct the discussions, on their own forum, would not be a violation of the forum owner's first amendment rights?

For the record, CPF is not an instrument of the U.S. Congress, the instrument of any other governmental entity, nor is it representative by means of formation by such an entity. On the other hand, CPF, as an independent U.S. privately owned instrument of expression and opinion, reserves all first amendment rights to voice such expressions and to moderate any guest commentary that may be outside any permissible range of such expression.

This post addresses what is probably the most misunderstood reality of online communications.

:twothumbs:twothumbs:twothumbs (that's a 6 thumbs way up!) Empath!

A "right" is only a "right" up until it infringes upon someones else "rights."

life, liberty, property.

CPF is property.

Logging in at 2AM?

Many people greet folks at 2AM with a double barrel :D

Happily posting this at 5AM :)

Hard to complain.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
I'll chime in here with another thumb's up for the rules and management of CPF. Combine that with all the great people and it feels like home.

One minor nit, however. I really liked that turtle eating the pigeon clip that got removed. :poke: :laughing:

Geoff

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
By request:

scarlett.jpg

That made me quite nauseous. We are posting dog of the month photos now?

nbp

Flashaholic
And maybe my #1

:)

That made me quite nauseous. We are posting dog of the month photos now?

That particular shot is not so good I agree. Click my link above and see what you think. That one is much better IMO. If you think Scarlett is a dog, well, I gotta say you're weird Lux. :p

I'd be curious who makes it on your list then.:huh:

jtr1962

Flashaholic
Actually that picture of Scarlett just proves what I have always said-namely that the majority of so-called "beautiful people" barely look average without their entourage of makeup artists. In fact, I've noticed from candid shots of a lot of these celebrities that many have awful skin-freckles, blotches, etc. Amazing what a good makeup artist can do. For those who doubt this, see this site of candid celebrity photos.

I've seen any number of females on NYC streets who would blow away any famous person, even when they're just waking up on a bad day.

Of course, one must remember that actors and actresses are chosen more for acting ability than looks. You can cover up very well for looks, or lack of them, but few people can act convincingly.

nbp

Flashaholic
She's modeling Vermeer's Girl With a Pearl Earring, ye uncultured fops..

Still doesn't mean I think she looks good there...;)

I thought maybe that one was from when she was in that Boleyn Girl movie, in which she was dressed in period garb. I don't recall having actually seen the whole thing, but I remember it being on.

If you prefer modern-day hot:

scarlettjohansson073.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Why yes I do, thank you kind sir! :grin2:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Have you guys noticed that the male membership, the majority anyway, seem to like pretty girls as much as gadgets, and guns and knives and flashlights.

I've also noticed that women love shoes and handbags. Fat kids love cake. Girls love to talk on the phone for hours. And, Wall Street crooks love money.

It's a crazy world we live in. ;)

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
That particular shot is not so good I agree. Click my link above and see what you think. That one is much better IMO. If you think Scarlett is a dog, well, I gotta say you're weird Lux. :p

I'd be curious who makes it on your list then.:huh:

LOL, honestly I did not even recognize that it was Scarlett. That shakes up my world because a photo of her like this was what I would have been expecting to see....which is quite pleasing on the eyes.

ScarlettJohansson.jpg

nbp

Flashaholic
Careful Boys. Greta does the roller derby thing. :sssh:

Yeah, bloody chicks don't quite do it for me I don't think. :eeksign:

I like the pretty girls better. :eek:

Greta

Flashaholic
Men are compared to apes. Women compared to dogs. Go figure. :crackup:

Women are the ones obsessed with painting their faces throughout history however.

That's right. Now all together guys... start jumping around and grunting and scratching your balls... while I paint up my face and bite you in the ***... :ironic:

There's a hint in there somewhere... see if perhaps you can quit dragging your knuckles long enough to get it... mmmkay?

Status
Not open for further replies.