Canada to go to all zero emission passenger vehicles by 2035

Status
Not open for further replies.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Here's what I think of EV's

Finally replaced my 2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

2023 Jeep Gladiator

This should make all of the EV folks lose their minds!

LOL

View attachment 54479View attachment 54480
All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.
So I got this for work.

IMG_1984.jpeg

Ordered it with the 395 hp V8. Considered the 450hp V6 but the boss said no.
The boss lets me "build" an XLT each year for the staff but this one is an XL STX with lots of goodies but costed less than the 022 XLT we had built last year. The company has a contract with Ford so we get them at dealer cost!

Ford is doing away with the numerous custom options for 2024 and going to have 4 choices of options instead of the formerly 80 some. No more building a an XLT with a Raptor drive train for $55 grand. 🥴 (my 018 has a Raptor drive train and suspension with vinyl seats and rubber floors).

Last edited:
All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.
So I got this for work.

View attachment 54484
Ordered it with the 395 hp V8.
I think it's worth mentioning, I inherited my father's 1974 Chevy 3/4-ton PU. It's equipped with a 454 cid motor that makes 220 HP and gets around 13 MPG.

bykfixer's awesome new ride has almost twice the horsepower and probably gets twice the MPG.

The point is - automobile manufacturers are making great strides. 👍 👍

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I think it's worth mentioning, I inherited my father's 1974 Chevy 3/4-ton PU. It's equipped with a 454 cid motor that makes 220 HP and gets around 13 MPG.

bykfixer's awesome new ride has almost twice the horsepower and probably gets twice the MPG.

The point is - automobile manufacturers are making great strides. 👍 👍
The STX was for a new guy. I got back the 019 4x4 Explorer with police package he was driving. It's got the Bang & Olefson sound system. It'll zoom and boom real good. I had that in 2021 but another whimpy employee didn't like my 018 F-150 so I traded him. He kept it until we fired him and gave the Explorer to new guy until the STX arrived. Ordered it in March. It arrived after Thanksgiving.

My 018 F-150 is heading for projects in the mountains where it's muscles will be flexed right often. Mostly bridges over deep valley's driven by dudes you repel up and down several hudred feet tall columns for safety checks.

Yeah, the STX is rated at 16/22mpg. So not much has changed. Better zoom power with lot's of torque but not great mpg. Probably pollutes a lot less than your classic tho. It's a big ole 4x4 that weighs like 2-1/2 tons empty. Alluminum body but all that safety stuff adds weight.

New guy was driving home one weekend in the Explorer and a deer head butted the door trying to commit suicide. Boss said "get it fixed"
IMG_2359.jpeg

I said "door's fixed boss".
Boss said "get a new door". Doh!

mrfixitman

Enlightened
when power goes out and these vehicles are being charged do they backfeed into the system? I've seen commercials where some of these vehicles work like generators. If one is charging, power goes out, linemen comes to hook service back up, owner isn't paying attention, lineman gets burned. Serious question and we never get answers to that. Anyone that owns one know the answer?
No. But solar panels do. Can kill linemen.

jtr1962

Flashaholic
Not 100% wide open, no but the threat of closed threads due to political speech seems to be gone.
Which isn't a horrible thing so long as we keep things civil. In other places where politics are discussed things often generate into a shouting match of Trump this, Biden that within a few posts, even if the topic had nothing to do with either one. Here at least we (usually) don't stoop to that.

BTW, I don't think the motives of the so-called globalists are as sinister as some here believe. I think their motivation is just pure, old-fashioned, insatiable greed. Now there's a one upsmanship among multibillionaires to see who can add another digit to their net worth first. Props to the first one who becomes a trillionaire.

They keep the masses stuck as wage slaves living paycheck to paycheck so they have no time think how awful their plight is. And pit us against each other over things which often don't even matter. Meanwhile they're robbing a better future from all of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.