Cars, Man

StarHalo

Flashaholic
The wife is watching a "million dollar homes" show on one of the formerly educational channels; they're showing Mr. Jackson's garage, of Barrett-Jackson - the centerpiece is a Bugatti Veyron that has a mere 13,500 miles on it, making it the highest-mileage Veyron in the world. So no one's driven a Veyron more than a few thousand miles..

b35QEq2.jpg

My best friend found a 2002 Lincoln Continental with 65,000 miles on it. He wanted it, but offered it to my mom first ........... She loves it. Sometimes, she even lets me drive. :)

~ Chance

Last edited:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
The wife is watching a "million dollar homes" show on one of the formerly educational channels; they're showing Mr. Jackson's garage, of Barrett-Jackson - the centerpiece is a Bugatti Veyron that has a mere 13,500 miles on it, making it the highest-mileage Veyron in the world. So no one's driven a Veyron more than a few thousand miles..

In fairness, it's not exactly the ideal Daily Commuter. ;)

StarHalo

Flashaholic
Taken over ~48 hours, Teslas definitely don't count when car spotting out here..

NLmiAAy.jpg

z9jZjy0.jpg

^If you can't see/aren't familiar with what the badge says there, it ends in the letter D - that means dual motors, 691hp. Here's what that looks like in use:

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

My whole life I drove an older car or truck...until now!:twothumbs

..looks just like this

2017-santa-fe-sports-new-model.jpg

______________________________2017 Santa Fe Sport

StarHalo

Flashaholic
My whole life I drove an older car or truck...until now!:twothumbs

I told my wife when we started looking at cars that the two I would not bother with were the Honda CR-V and the Toyota RAV4. Of all the cars we test drove, the two I liked best were ...the Honda CR-V and the Toyota RAV-4.

That mini-SUV design just makes more sense than the sedan or the truck, so much more space inside and so much less space outside..

idleprocess

Flashaholic
That mini-SUV design just makes more sense than the sedan or the truck, so much more space inside and so much less space outside..
I'm convinced that most people drive trucks because they like the image of trucks, not because they need to routinely haul or tow things often enough to justify them. I have a semi-monthly need to haul bulky things to a storage unit and make large purchases at Sam's/Costco and even then I'm not sure it really justifies either of the trucks I own (short version on why I own two - one was a cash purchase and the other a gift of sorts).

StarHalo

Flashaholic
I have a semi-monthly need to haul bulky things to a storage unit and make large purchases at Sam's/Costco and even then I'm not sure it really justifies either of the trucks I own

Our four-person family's Costco and recycling runs rarely require folding down the rear seats. The engine is pretty much Swiss-movement (especially compared to anything you could get in a compact truck,) and spends most of its time bored around town returning over 20 mpg. And I can't count the number of times I've pulled into a parking space coming close to the pole/tree in front, way too close, ooo look out, and then on getting out of the car and looking at the front ..nope, still a couple feet to go..

FroggyTaco

Flashlight Enthusiast
I told my wife when we started looking at cars that the two I would not bother with were the Honda CR-V and the Toyota RAV4. Of all the cars we test drove, the two I liked best were ...the Honda CR-V and the Toyota RAV-4.

Did you try the Rav4 Hybrid?

StarHalo

Flashaholic
Did you try the Rav4 Hybrid?

No, just used ~'08-'10 4-cyls. Would gladly accept the mileage from the hybrid, but I don't think that the rational part of my mind would win out against the rest wanting the V6 rocketship..

The newer models have CVTs which I'd prefer for family car duty, makes for a much smoother drive.