Cree q2 5a vs k2 tffc?

metlarules

Flashlight Enthusiast
Which one of these leds has the closest tint and color rendition to incandesent? I sure wish someone would make a p26 drop in with the k2 tffc so we could compare the two in the same type of light.

Mikellen

Enlightened
I'm not sure that if you purchased the 2008 Inova T1 MP with K2 TFFC LED that it would have the warm tint. According to CPF reviews
of the Inova T1 MP it would seem to indicate that each one had a warm tint. But I spoke with a representative of Philip Lumileds who stated that he "thinks" the K2 TFFCs that are used are mostly of the cool white variety as the neutral and warm tinted K2 TFFCs have just been recently incorporated into the Inova T1 MP. He said since the cool, warm, and neutral tints are used it would be like the Luxeon lottery for getting the tint you want if you were to purchase the flashlight.
That's the only reason I'm reluctant to purchase the Inova.

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh, poo. I just bought an Inova T1-MP, and I hope that wasn't a mistake. I thought the tint was a "feature" of the light; I did not realize it was a random anomaly. I *hated* the Luxeon lottery!

asdalton

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have owned, at varying times, 6 separate 2008 Inova T-series lights. The tints on all of them have been neutral/warm or very warm.

Mikellen

Enlightened
LEDAdd1ct, when you receive your T1 would you mind posting the tint color? Maybe I'll take the chance and purchase one too.
Thanks.

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mikellen, no problem. I just need to warn you, I am a novice at taking beamshot photos. I am not sure about how to adjust the "whitebalance" or that sort of thing.

But I will give it my best shot!

Mikellen

Enlightened
LEDAdd1ct, I didn't mean for you to post pictures of the tint, although that would be nice, I just meant if you would post a written description of your perception of the color of tint. I'll take your word on it.
Sorry for the confusion.
Thanks.

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast
LEDAdd1ct, I didn't mean for you to post pictures of the tint, although that would be nice, I just meant if you would post a written description of your perception of the color of tint. I'll take your word on it.
Sorry for the confusion.
Thanks.

No problem. I'll post here once I get it. :)

jzmtl

Flashlight Enthusiast
The K2 in my streamlight is warm to the degree if I shine it next to an incan light I don't see any blue hue in the spot. Then again the other streamlight with K2 in store was really blue.

Mikellen

Enlightened
I just ordered a 5A Q2 drop in for my Surefire G2 from Dereelight today. I don't know how long it will take to arrive but I'll post a description of the tint color once I receive it.
Anyone know how long it approximately takes to receive an order from Dereelight that's going to the U.S.?