Custom 27LT in the Haloween Spirit

Chronos

Flashlight Enthusiast
cmacclel said:
I bought some grey too! I already coated a stock silver mag with the same patern only finer. Looks similar to Carbon fiber.

Only thing......it cost me about $300 to play! Duracoat isn't really cheap.

Mac
:drool: Wow. How much of this cost per unit painted? I had no idea duracoat was that expensive! I'd love to see that painted mag.

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Duracoat is $17 for 4 ounces. Clear and the Electric colors including the orange on this light is $25 for 4 ounces. For the Orange and Lime green colors I picked I also needed the white base coat.

As you see it adds up quickly. I also picked up a better dual stage airbrush.

Mac

Chronos

Flashlight Enthusiast
Gotcha. Ever think of another side business... painting lights? I can see a c/f look paint job on the body of my M2 and detonator... ;) Or an alien green skin print that blends with the HA tailcap and head... ;)

TranquillityBase

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cool mod!

How much 'open time' is there with the product once the two parts are mixed, and what solvent is required for cleaning the spray equipment?

TB

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
TranquillityBase said:
Cool mod!

How much 'open time' is there with the product once the two parts are mixed, and what solvent is required for cleaning the spray equipment?

TB

I believe it has a 4-6 hour pot life after mixed. I use Duracoat reducer to clean up after.

Mac

Cliffnopus

Enlightened
I especially like the fact that the mesh pattern appears to match, leading me to beleive that the mesh portion was applied in the assembled form ? Lookin' good as usual Mac.

Cliff

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just put this up for sale in the custom section.

On to the next project :)

Mac