Custom Titanium 27mm 3-level SST-50

Hill

Enlightened
:awman: I wish I had a lathe.

Seriously though, exceptional work!

Mirage_Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks guys. Here's a couple pictures with another body that has a slightly different grooving pattern.

DSC_6555_sm.jpg

DSC_6548_cr_sm.jpg

For comparison..

DSC_6527_sm.jpg

Hansanaut

Newly Enlightened
Hi!

Great work - it's really awesome!!!
I've got several Questions concerning your lamp. Hopefully you or anyone else can help me.

1. What reflector do you use?
2. What current driver do you use? Is it driven "only" with 3A? Or is it a 5A current driver?

I like do build a underwater lampe with a SST-90 LED. The reflector you use could probably adapted to fit the SST-90.
Could you please post a picture that shows your lamp working? I'm interested what spot looks like!

Thanks in advance!
- Hansanaut -

Mirage_Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for all the compliments. For those that have asked the reflector is one from Kaidomain a search for 27mm reflector will bring it up. The driver as I said is from "Shining Beam" and is 3- levels allowing up to 6V input voltage. I just checked the Shiningbeam site and he does not have any of them listed right now. Sorry but I can't do beam-shots as I need to get the light in the mail to it's owner.

easilyled

Flashaholic
I am the fortunate beneficiary of this completely original "built from the ground up" Titanium light of mirage_man.

I can't add anything that hasn't already been mentioned in the many laudatory remarks in this thread. The light oozes quality and has a magnificent heft.

I can't thank Brian enough for such excellence. His work is truly of the very highest caliber.

IMG_1882.jpg

Last edited:

easilyled

Flashaholic
I thought I'd return to this thread, now that I've had the chance to try this light out for a few weeks.

The beam from the SST-50 in combination with the reflector that Brian selected is truly one of the best that I have witnessed. It is quite compact and completely smooth with a nice punchy hot-spot surrounded by a bright corona.

This results in very useful general illumination with plenty of throw and very clear, even lighting around the brightest central portion.

The generous thickness of the flashlight walls helps to dissipate the heat well even on the highest level (2.8A) and I can certainly feel the head and neck warming up nicely at this level without becoming excessively hot.

All things considered, I would rate this light as a home-run and definitely one of the nicest customs that I have. :thumbsup:

easilyLED, you do know, do you not, that this magnificent, breathtaking, and truly stunning piece forced many other Mirage Man fans to endure heartachingly long waits for their own custom orders? :devil:

J/K, this hall of fame gem is worthy of the CPF Hall of Fame, if there ever were one. :D Congratulations on owning one of the greatest "to the grave" lights ever made!

easilyled

Flashaholic
easilyLED, you do know, do you not, that this magnificent, breathtaking, and truly stunning piece forced many other Mirage Man fans to endure heartachingly long waits for their own custom orders? :devil:

I wouldn't be surprised 'dad, but all I can say in consolation is that in general the maxim "It is better to travel in hope than to arrive" holds true.

This was a notable exception though. :)

J/K, this hall of fame gem is worthy of the CPF Hall of Fame, if there ever were one. :D Congratulations on owning one of the greatest "to the grave" lights ever made!

Thanks, I have to agree with that sentiment in this case, but your triplicate of MM Fatties do look mouthwateringly good too.

I take it that you have some ongoing works of art on their way from the master?

Latest posts