DATA SPECIFICATIONS ALL LIGHTS

Lightman2

Enlightened
This spread sheet is unfortunately incorrect and I am working with LED Thrift to ammend as soon as possible

Lightman2

Enlightened
Appears all sorted now........
Here is the link to the spreadsheet.
Ensure that you highlight or click on the square/field you desire to read in full and view the data at the top of the page in the 'formula bar'. Enjoy.
Thanks to LED Thrift for putting it up for me and thus for you.

Last edited:

zx3junglist

Newly Enlightened
It's really useful to see all of this information laid out this way. Thanks for taking the trouble to assemble and share it.

I found that in the spreadsheet, since I only have viewing access, it's not possible to sort on columns (using the filter). But, if I switch to list mode (View -> List) then I can use a sort feature. Helpful if you want to see only 123's, No Strobe, etc etc.

mwb01

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for making the spreadsheet, do you plan on giving some people editing access to it? I think if several people had access it could really become a huge and ever-expanding source of information. Just a thought...

Lightman2

Enlightened
Thanks for making the spreadsheet, do you plan on giving some people editing access to it? I think if several people had access it could really become a huge and ever-expanding source of information. Just a thought...

I notes some mistakes which I have to attend to in the next month or so and I will be adding in some other lights but don't know which. Probably Klarus, Lumintop and one other.

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
Excellent work. I did something like this for my own lights and it took me hours and hours. I have a lot more columns, however including reflector type, waterproof rating, interface description, throw distance, emitter, color,etc. etc. etc. plus checkboxes for anti-roll, clip, cigar ring, last mode memory, etc. etc. etc. Can't remember all of them I think my columns spread all the way to AZ, with serial number, date of purchase, merchand and electronic/paper receipt.... I have more details than necessary, but perhaps you could take some inspiration from it and add a few things (obviously, you won't want to fill 50+ culomns!)

Lightman2

Enlightened
Excellent work. I did something like this for my own lights and it took me hours and hours. I have a lot more columns, however including reflector type, waterproof rating, interface description, throw distance, emitter, color,etc. etc. etc. plus checkboxes for anti-roll, clip, cigar ring, last mode memory, etc. etc. etc. Can't remember all of them I think my columns spread all the way to AZ, with serial number, date of purchase, merchand and electronic/paper receipt.... I have more details than necessary, but perhaps you could take some inspiration from it and add a few things (obviously, you won't want to fill 50+ culomns!)

Thanks Cataract, your version sounds pretty good and I did briefly consider the same but then thought it way to much effort as what I did, like you, took many hours and I still have to correct and add so more hours. I guess I basically took what was important to me and made that the focus at least as a pointer to then allow more research. For me what batteries, what length and diameter and what run times were the most important with add ons such as LED type, switch type etc. Anyway I plan to make the changes when my wife takes a trip overseas as I will miss her, be free LOL and won't be able to annoy the neighbours to much with all my lights. They probably think I am a litle weird anyway and I am surprised the police have not been called yet.

flashy bazook

Flashlight Enthusiast
Excellent idea, and many thanks for sharing!

My own two cents, add the Malkoff drop-ins, especially the voltage ranges, not forgetting the M60's (which are no longer listed on the mfg. website...).

Also, the lightreviews website has plenty of specs on reviewed lights in a consistent format, you could vacuum specs for lights of interest to you quickly from there.

Probably the most important specs are lumen output and runtime in addition to battery type(s) and voltage ranges. Then you are well on your way to (re)creating the quickbeam website, which was important for many of us here in learning about flashlights.

Throw is the other one, but not so easy to get...quickbeam included that in his data.

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks Cataract, your version sounds pretty good and I did briefly consider the same but then thought it way to much effort as what I did, like you, took many hours and I still have to correct and add so more hours.

Not to mention that some manufacturers do not give you all these informations and gathering what's missing can be a headache sometimes... I think it would be faster to allow others to come up with the missing numbers through online research ("I can see that tree 100 steps away" is not standard enough ;p )

... won't be able to annoy the neighbours to much with all my lights. They probably think I am a litle weird anyway and I am surprised the police have not been called yet.

:crackup: You just made me realize that my cousin's neighbour installed shades and an alarm system on his garage a few days after he went oustside for some testing with a friend, who obviously had to flash the whole neighborhood...:shakehead