Dead TV, what to do?

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast
I believe it depends on the refresh rate of the LCD panel itself, a figure usually measured in miliseconds. A quick google produces these two articles.

The Short Article

The Long Article

Hope it helps!

LEDAdd1ct

EDIT: I just browsed through the latter article, and it is extensive. If you were going to read one of the two and have a few minutes, the second is the one to read.

Last edited:

Illum

Flashaholic
be very CAREFUL if you decide to salvage parts from it. typically, the capacitors used for those TVs can hold quite a charge.

+1, unplug it for a month before going inside, and when you do...do not handle any part of the tube with your bare hand ![edited in by LEDAdd1ct]

Last edited:

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
whats the state of play in regard to 'blurring with motion' in LCD. is it fixed ? will it be fixed ? its one of the reasons ive stuck with my crt. cheers

100 dollars for a 2nd hand big crt beats 100 dollars for a new bulb for a rear projection set.

They have addressed the motion blur with 120 and 240 hz models plus other tricks too. I can only say you would have to go to the store and try one of them out to decide.