dieseldave is ok

T

TACTICAL WAREHOUSE

Dave,
Sorry to hear about this. Please let me know if I can help in any way.

Dan

DallasA

Enlightened
Dave,

Sorry to hear of your lose. Standing by to help in anyway I can. My best wishes to you and your family, and friends.

MJ

turbodog

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
robstarr-lite said:
condolences Dave and to others who also had a loss...ready to help...rob

[/ QUOTE ]

So who do you want to rob?

People that didn't get hit by the hurricane and still have all their stuff?

DieselDave

Super Moderator,
This will be my only post for now (borrowed machine) I will return in a few to several days.

Thanks for the prayers, and support. I can't express how much it means to me.

I love my new avatar and name!

We are fine and things will work out great.

I have lost most of my "stuff" but I did take all my important torches when I evacuated. I can't wait to have the time to report back on what worked and didn't work for me.

Many people in town now have power. I won't have power for another week or so, I hope. The water got to 4'6" in the house. The floors and supports are ruined along with everything below that level. I am on pier and beam. We are going to try and save the house and will know in a month or so if it's possible. We were lucky compared to many others in the area. The loss of life will continue to climb and that's the only real tragedy

My folks are here, my sister and brother in law are here working, many of the guys from the office are at my house working and more people are coming from Texas. It's been amazing.

I will report back as soon as possible and again, you guys great.

tiktok 22

Flashlight Enthusiast
Glad to hear from you Dave. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Again, as has been posted here many times, if you need anything, let us know. We're here to help.

LifeNRA

Flashaholic*
[ QUOTE ]
tiktok 22 said:
Glad to hear from you Dave. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Again, as has been posted here many times, if you need anything, let us know. We're here to help.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ditto!

Stainless

Flashlight Enthusiast
DieselDave:
Thanks for the update... I hope your next new avatar
represents something less catastrophic!
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

x-ray

Flashlight Enthusiast
Glad to hear your ok Dave /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

For anyone not a the sharp end like dave, this link has some before and after shots showing the damage and destruction caused by Ivan.

PJD

Flashlight Enthusiast
I live in Pensacola as well...I just got my power back about an hour ago. I'm sorry to hear about your loss, Dave...there was SO MUCH loss through Ivan. I didn't fare nearly as bad as Dave, and I've been counting my blessings! This whole town lokks like a bomb went off...it's quite sad. We're getting a HUGE lift from people from all over the country who have rolled into town to help put us back together. I've seen power trucks from no fewer than 23 states! The folks that got my neighborhood up and running today were from Connecticut...it's been quite remarkable, and none of their efforts will go unappreciated! I'll update again soon. I gotta go as I still have considerable clean-up work to do around my property. Thanx to all for the well-wishes and encouragement /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif!!!

PJD

turbodog

Flashaholic
Yo yo yo people.

Seen weather.com lately?

Here comes ANOTHER one!

Don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Maybe DD can rotate through living with various CPF members till he can move to a new state for good.