difference between old and new style SF e2e

daloosh

Flashaholic*,
Welcome to CPF, unaryunix, and why dontcha stay awhile! (You too, luminosus, from the other thread!)

As lumi suggested, take a look at Surefire's site for the current E2es. The satin grey, with the teardrops on the bezel, is very elegant. The HA natural is the classic "standard"" E2e. It can be found in two body versions as well, the older has three flat sides while the new one is rounded. I forget, but maybe the new ones come with a clicky tailcap instead of a turn-on one.

The discontinued E2s you are looking at are not currently sold by SF, they have an obviously different body and the teardrop bezel like the satin grey E2e, but in HA, and the clip is mounted to the head, rather than the body, as it is now. The new E2es have a scalloped bezel, that you can see light leak out from if you turn it on and place it lens down on something.

These are just a few random thoughts, search around CPF and you'll learn much much more. You'll find there are quite a few different E2s and E2es in various colors (black, camo, burgundy), too. There are also lots of interchangeable parts to consider, too. Oh, and be prepared to empty your wallet!

welcome again,
daloosh

unaryunix

Newly Enlightened
Daloosh and luminosus:
Thanks for the info.
Do those "tear drops" serve any purpose at all?

As for my wallet, it is already lightened by a 6P for my brother and e2e for my wife. Now she won't have execue to stop me from choosing my own;-)

What is your recommandation between HA and SG?

Thanks
unary

daloosh

Flashaholic*,
Tear drops are just ornamentation, unless you grip your torch by the bezel! 6P is a terrific lite. I like the look of the SG better, it's cool and shiny and elegant. The HA is by definition tougher and blends in better with most gear. If I was carrying it or using in the office, I'd get SG. But in general, if you use it hard, outdoors or as a duty backup, the HA will do ya better. And, as Hoghead points out, it's more flexible with all the other Exe stuff out there.

daloosh

omega

Newly Enlightened
unaryunix,
I had an E2E (new) Satin Gray before (gave it to my girlfriend after I got an L4). If I remember correctly, the teardrops on the bezel actually do serve some purpose, as they prevented the light from rolling when placed in a *slight* incline (i.e. because they are actually the 'flat' portions when you lay the light on it's side).

-omega

omega

Newly Enlightened
I forgot to add. They are available in two colors. Z57 is HA-III and i think Z58 for the black one.

-Omega

Codeman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have an even older e2 with the teardrops. They help me remove the bezel when a bulb/battery needs changing. In the e2's case, they don't help with rolling.

Size15's

Flashaholic
No! The Z58 is NOT the Clickie for the E Series!!

Z57 - E Series Clickie (HA)

Z58 - Standard Body Clickie (HA)
Z59 - Standard Body Clickie (BK)

Z61 - E Series Clickie (Black HA)

Z62 - Two-Stage TailCap for A2/L1/L2 (HA)

Size15's

Flashaholic
Nope. There is an "aftermarket" TailCap created by Don McGizmo that allows you not only two stage pressure switch output, but to set using a resistor the level of the low output.

Don has his own forum here on CPF. I suggest you check it out!

Al /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Luminosus

Newly Enlightened
What happened to my post? It was there two days ago and now its gone. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif