Different Generations of SF M6

junmae

Newly Enlightened
If at all possible get the body and and tailcap now Mike, since you don't know how long they'll be around. In the mean time some different switch options might unfold and then you can keep and eye out for a KT4 head at a bargain.

Theoretically you could put one together for about $250 which is less than the going rate for most of the used M6 prices of $300-$350

do they sell replacement caps if your button wears off? I heard surefire doesn't cover that part with their warranty.

Patriot

Flashaholic
do they sell replacement caps if your button wears off? I heard surefire doesn't cover that part with their warranty.

The paragraph that you quoted me in was referring to the acquisition of the FM megallenium body and tail cap, not the actual rubber switch cover... but, since you're talking about the switch cover, yes, they're available and not hard to replace. If you sent your light in SF would likely cover it under warranty, since that's just how Surefire is.

Size15's

Flashaholic
Actually, the rubber switch boots of SureFire TailCaps are not covered by "if it breaks they'll fix it". Worn through rubber switch boots are consider consumables (just like vehicle tyres).
The whole TailCap must be replaced. If this is the case with your M6 then a call to SureFire is most certainly the best way to go.
At their option SureFire may decide replace the whole TailCap or ask you to send the TailCap back for them to replace it or the rubber switch boot themselves. I don't suppose it's a very regular occurrence so definitely worth calling SureFire and talking to them.

junmae

Newly Enlightened
I love your collection of m6's Patriot! I think I just jizzed my pants :O hahah. Hopefully I won't have to worry about the rubber switch boot for a while, thanks guys! Will contact SF if I need to :).

I wish they would look like these...
m6_combo_full.jpg

I like that shiny chrome kinda look more. Oh well...waiting on my scallop bevelled m6! :) can't wait!!!

Last edited:

junmae

Newly Enlightened
The latest batch including the FM Megalenium which is so superb that if someone would have told me it was a Surefire prototype I'd have never known the difference. The M6 4th from the left with blank side used to be Mcgizmo's, then Kiessling's, then Team Member's and now mine. :)

M1Garand006Picasa.jpg

Hey Patriot, where did you get those chrome tipped bezels from? they are very sexy! Are the more narrow head parts for different uses or just for looks?

Patriot

Flashaholic
Hey Patriot, where did you get those chrome tipped bezels from? they are very sexy! Are the more narrow head parts for different uses or just for looks?

They were once available from member RPM and are polished titanium.

The "narrow" heads are from 3 cell M-series lights like the M3 and L6 which share the same threads as the M6. The working voltage for both lights is the same.

Illum

Flashaholic
willrx, I think you raised the bar a little too high on those pics

getting there :whistle:

its a heavy F@#$%r to EDC, which is why I bought a M3T body to run the KL6, its an awesome thrower with a CREE XRE

the "ML6" is by bedstand light, CREE MCE

the "Millennium Series M6" is my 3x17670 1185 light, I placed it up for sale but before its sold, its my "showoff light" on public grounds

Patriot

Flashaholic
Holy cow Willrx, you've got the only two that I don't have!

A thumbs up for each one. :twothumbs

Thanks for sharing them. :)

Illum, you have a non-stepped version just like Willrx's, so you also have one that I don't have. I saw one a while back in the marketplace and made a very positive comment about the version he was selling but didn't torture myself by visiting back. I just couldn't justify the money at the time for what would be for me a pure collectible. Someday I'd like to follow up and complete my collection though. I fiddle around with the M6's all the time though. I really get a kick out of experimenting with different combinations.

Illum

Flashaholic
Illum, you have a non-stepped version just like Willrx's, so you also have one that I don't have.

non-stepped, oh...if you have the newer version I'd like to trade. I bought my second body for the purpose of being a user...then I saw it and I thought "oh dear, two shelf queens":ohgeez:

Patriot

Flashaholic
non-stepped, oh...if you have the newer version I'd like to trade. I bought my second body for the purpose of being a user...then I saw it and I thought "oh dear, two shelf queens":ohgeez:

Um.....I think I'd like to do that actually. See my light on the far right with the M3 head on it.....It's brand stinkin new, not a mark on it. Serial # is 17,671 I believe, so it's going to be the newest text. The opposite side looks exactly like the M6 directly to the left of it.

Going from memory so it could be 17,761.

How's the body on your non-stepped light? Looks pretty good from the pictures. At least I can't see any marks on it.

Last edited:

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
Damn!!! theres some nice lights in this thread!!:twothumbs

I'll likely be selling my beloved Black HA M2 Magnum Light body this weekend..:sigh::mecry:
It won't be cheap, but it's a "must have" for the true collector...:naughty:...I really don't care if it sells or not, but I figure I might put it out there to give someone a chance at it. It's the only one I've ever seen..:faint:

003-54.jpg

005-51.jpg

Illum

Flashaholic
Um.....I think I'd like to do that actually. See my light on the far right with the M3 head on it.....It's brand stinkin new, not a mark on it. Serial # is 17,671 I believe, so it's going to be the newest text. The opposite side looks exactly like the M6 directly to the left of it.

Going from memory so it could be 17,761.

How's the body on your non-stepped light? Looks pretty good from the pictures. At least I can't see any marks on it.

there are certain dings, however, to the tailcap and head only and none on the body

might be good to note that the body has only one o-ring on each side, while there are slots for two I'm pretty sure both on my M6s only has one set of o-rings installed