DIY Cut Mag 1C SSR-50 with Deep SMO with beam shots & lux readings

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmm, well it does seem they only offer the SBT in the 90 size. I can't recall what data sheet I was looking at but I guess they don't make them in 5mm2 size.

I guess then my next question is does the SBT-90 make a tigher beam with either reflector or aspheric lens over the SST-90?

ma_sha1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmm, well it does seem they only offer the SBT in the 90 size. I can't recall what data sheet I was looking at but I guess they don't make them in 5mm2 size.

I guess then my next question is does the SBT-90 make a tigher beam with either reflector or aspheric lens over the SST-90?

Vs regular SST-90, A dome less SST0-90 or CBT-90 will definately but only benefit with Reflectors. It'll be much less throw if put infront of Aspheric.

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cool, that was what I had originally thought. Though smaller apparent die size you'd think it would help, but same with Cree XR-E vs luxeon, the focusing of the dome helps with aspherical lenses but hurts with reflectors as far as focus.

Anyone using the SBT-90 in a Mag or Mag-LED reflector I wonder?

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cool, that was what I had originally thought. Though smaller apparent die size you'd think it would help, but same with Cree XR-E vs luxeon, the focusing of the dome helps with aspherical lenses but hurts with reflectors as far as focus.

Anyone using the SBT-90 in a Mag or Mag-LED reflector I wonder?

I think you mean CBT-90?
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/288524

ma_sha1

Flashlight Enthusiast

Nearly 100K but only driven to about 10A, I bet hard driven 15 Amp or so, it'll be up to 150K lux range.

Was thinking about trying one out & drive the hack out of it, like 15-18Amp or so, I think the max Amp spec is 13.5A due to the copper star.

Unfortunately, the MagDaddy has ruined my desire for 150K lux led lights,
Once in the half million lux@ 1 meter club, nothing less is able to excite me anymore, must match toward the 1 million cp mark :eek:

Al Combs

Enlightened
Remember this thread? I'll bet you could get at least 500K if not 1M lux with a CST-90. Would love to see your version of this.:naughty:

ma_sha1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Remember this thread? I'll bet you could get at least 500K if not 1M lux with a CST-90. Would love to see your version of this.:naughty:

That thing is too big :laughing:. Frenel lens is also 30-40% less efficient than Aspheric of same diameter. I am working on a Franken Mag Cannon with 4.5" AR coated BFL lens & SST-50 over driven driven to 9Amp, its surface brightness is equal to SST-90 driven to 16Amp or XRE R2 at 1.8 AMP. With the huge lens, I should be able to get to the 300-400K lux mark.

After that, I will make a Collar & see if I could get it over the 1/2 million mark, it's already getting a bit too big.

You don't want to use CBT for Aspheric, the dome helps to send more lights to the front. The CBT will only benefit reflector set-up.

Latest posts