DIY for Barbolight Bomb-Proof Host with P7 ...

DM51

Flashaholic
Amazing work - a master-class. It must be the nearest thing to a totally unbreakable light that exists.

wquiles

Flashaholic
Thank you DM51 :eek:

I already started working on a new version, this time not using a P7, and maybe more than one LED :devil:

Will

Barbarin

Flashlight Enthusiast
In fact there are like 100 pcs of "Boombproof" hosts collecting dust in the factory... so I'm more than open to give them a try. Unfortunately I have no time.

Regards

wquiles

Flashaholic
In fact there are like 100 pcs of "Boombproof" hosts collecting dust in the factory... so I'm more than open to give them a try. Unfortunately I have no time.

Regards

Javier,

As you can tell by this post alone, I really like these hosts, and I still see a lot of potential in them, specially now that others are starting to make completed lights out of them.

If it would help you simplify logistics, I would be more than happy to be the "importer" for extra hosts to the USA, so that I can ship from Texas to the rest of the USA. What do you think?

Will

Barbarin

Flashlight Enthusiast
By the way, Will, you have done a very nice job... not only making the light, but reporting it and explaining to others how to do it. In fact one of the best "step by step" I have seen.

IMO a P7 direct drive is one of the best mods to do on this hosts, as it is "easy" and the results impressive.

More suggestions??

A flood monster with 3-4 P7/MC-E's is a nice project too, or a superthrower with 4 XRE and aspericals... what about a high temperature battery pack, short runtime high CRI flood light for video and photo applications?? (This can be done with the new 50 Watt LEDs, or with 4 MCE's warm-neutral.).

This one.. in fact I would love to have one. Make me a one of them and I will send you all the hosts in exchange.

Javier

wquiles

Flashaholic
By the way, Will, you have done a very nice job... not only making the light, but reporting it and explaining to others how to do it. In fact one of the best "step by step" I have seen.

IMO a P7 direct drive is one of the best mods to do on this hosts, as it is "easy" and the results impressive.

More suggestions??

A flood monster with 3-4 P7/MC-E's is a nice project too, or a superthrower with 4 XRE and aspericals... what about a high temperature battery pack, short runtime high CRI flood light for video and photo applications?? (This can be done with the new 50 Watt LEDs, or with 4 MCE's warm-neutral.).

This one.. in fact I would love to have one. Make me a one of them and I will send you all the hosts in exchange.

Javier

Well, you just got yourself a deal ;)

I will work with you the details/options off-line and start procuring parts to build you a totally custom, monster light on "your" super host :twothumbs

Will

FroggyTaco

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you much for the link. Your effort to photo document is unparalleled here & I have spent so much time to reading/viewing your threads it is like watching a history channel documentary.

I really appreciate it.

Latest posts