Does Mag own Nite-Ize?

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast

Dawg

Enlightened
Funny this came up today. I was wondering the very same thing. It just seemed that it was funny that Nite-Ize has never had any legal issues with Mag, that I know of.

What better way to come to market with complimentary items of questionable quality and manufacturing locale without sullying your good name?

Dawg

Enlightened
Brighteyez said:
Mag doesn't own every company that it partners up with to offer combo packages, nor do they own any of the companies that they make special runs for.

Nite-Ize operates independently of Mag Instruments.
You are a seated board member at Mag Instrument, are you Brighteyze?..........Hmmmm, Brighteyze.......Nite-Ize..........Hmmmmm, interesting! Are you Italian?

270winchester

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dawg said:
You are a seated board member at Mag Instrument, are you Brighteyze?..........Hmmmm, Brighteyze.......Nite-Ize..........Hmmmmm, interesting! Are you Italian?

San Jose is in California, not too far from where Maglite is located(well, a few hours drive)...hmmm....

the sings are stacking up. Nexthing you know we will be seeing brighteyez's tax returns from Maglite... ;)

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
Naw, but some idiot already accused me of having some sort of promotional arrangement with Fox International on one of the other forums. While it might be nice to work for a company like Mag that is focused on keeping as much of its product manufacturing in the U.S., I'm afraid I couldn't afford to work for Mag.

BTW, I spent some time in your general area as well, in Oakbrook. But I don't work for McDonald's either :D.

Dawg said:

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not too far from Ontario? You might have a little problem judging distance. San Jose to Ontario is about the same as going halfway to Salt Lake. Might I suggest one of the map sites like Mapquest or Yahoo! as an aid?

And since sensationalism and illusion is more important than fact for some of the participants here, I used to commute regularly between the Bay Area and Boulder, and the street that Nite Ize is located on, Arapahoe Ave. is no stranger to me. And it would have been around the time that Nite Ize was just starting up as a company. So add that to your fantasies and enjoy!

270winchester said:
San Jose is in California, not too far from where Maglite is located(well, a few hours drive)...hmmm....

the sings are stacking up. Nexthing you know we will be seeing brighteyez's tax returns from Maglite... ;)

Last edited:

Dawg

Enlightened
Brighteyez said:
Naw, but some idiot already accused me of having some sort of promotional arrangement with Fox International on one of the other forums. While it might be nice to work for a company like Mag that is focused on keeping as much of its product manufacturing in the U.S., I'm afraid I couldn't afford to work for Mag.

BTW, I spent some time in your general area as well, in Oakbrook. But I don't work for McDonald's either :D.
I have a Streamlight Luxeon Polypro 4AA on its way based on your recommendation. If it is what its cracked up to be, The 3C will be sure to follow.

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
Something strange in your logic when you accuse someone who recommends a Streamlight product of being on Mag's board. ;)

Actually there's two winners in the 3C category. The LEDBeam 3C for pure output; it probably outshines any other single Lux 3 solution on the market, and you can't beat that price. The quality of the body and switch would be the drawbacks on this light. (Not sure if I have any relationship to this company, recommend that you send Business Class air fare round trip to Honolulu, and I'll check and report back. :D )

For construction, quality, and price, the SL 3C Lux would be right up there to claim the title alongside it's little brother the 4AA Lux.

Dawg said:
I have a Streamlight Luxeon Polypro 4AA on its way based on your recommendation. If it is what its cracked up to be, The 3C will be sure to follow.

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
Privately held corporations generally have a board of directors as well (though they may also be corporate officers.) They just aren't required to submit and publish all the SEC forms and reports as publically traded companies.

mykall said:
Mag is a privately held company. The don't have to have any board members per se.

MB

Dawg

Enlightened
Brighteyez said:
Privately held corporations generally have a board of directors as well (though they may also be corporate officers.) They just aren't required to submit and publish all the SEC forms and reports as publically traded companies.
I wouldn't know about that.......But, the polypro 4aa would definitely be on my short list of bests. I love it. Also, I already have a LEDBeam. I wrote a kinda mini review in sombody else's thread. With pics. Why did you fail to point out that the LEDBeam is like a big MiniMag? it will stand up in the head in candle mode just like the Mini's. You posted in the thread and never went back after.

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/115519

mykall

Enlightened
Brighteyez said:

In the case of a family owned business like MAG there really is no purpose for
a board of directors. "Grand Poobah" Tony can make all the decisions and since MAG doesn't declare dividends or File reports with the SEC (both functions of a board in a pub held) a board could certainly exist but is
unnecessary.

MB

mykall

Enlightened
LEDcandle said:
Mebe he meant CPF board members :D :laughing:

Now we know they don't have any of those or they'd have had an Led flashlight (or anything new for that matter) out a long time ago :).

MB

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
I didn't know that I was supposed to :)

Actually I've never gotten the head off of either of my LEDBeams, and I learned about that candle mode thing the same way you did from that same thread. Now I've just got to see how to remove the head from the LEDBeam, though I've never really considered using it as a candle.

EDIT: Never mind, I just gave the head a firm grasp and it unscrewed ...

Dawg said:
Why did you fail to point out that the LEDBeam is like a big MiniMag? it will stand up in the head in candle mode just like the Mini's. You posted in the thread and never went back after.

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/115519

Last edited: