EDC - What's in Your Pocket(s)??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warp

Enlightened
This is quite off topic.

I am not horribly familier with CPF's over setup, only usually visit a couple forums.

If somebody else would like to start a new thread in whatever the off topic/general discussion area is....and post a link in this thread....what would be best, I am sure.

beach honda

Enlightened
EDCAugust2007.jpg

WARPS PIC ____^

Warp, mine is quite similar to yours, except make mine a milt sparks VM2 and a G19. Make mine a spyderco para-millie, and add a mcgizmo Ti-PD. Fox labs? CHECK! Fenix? CHECK!

Sweet!

Vinnyp

Newly Enlightened
Your little militia argument has been bashed so I don't have to go into that.

Well apart from the fact that the court link I provided agree with my bashed argument and of course there is always the meaning of bear arms.

Suicide and accident aside we are left with stark fact if you lawfully carry a gun in California you are 2.4 times more likely to be murdered with one. The conclusion of the whole study in summary was "Among adults who died in California in 1998, those dying from violence were more likely than those dying from non-injury causes to have purchased a handgun".

jzmtl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, it's fine.

Stuff in my pocket used to irritate me, but just like getting used to a wallet...well, you get used to it and it feels off if you don't have them.

Speaking of which, the most uncomfortable thing I carry is my wallet.

It's probalby because you carry it in your back pocket.

Believe it or not, I used to do that, but after sitting for a while, like driving, my back would get uncomfortable. I never paid much attention to it till another guy mentioned that his doctor suggested to not carry anything in back pocket for his back pain, and it worked! Now I don't put anything in my back pocket anymore, and never had a problem since.

Warp

Enlightened
Well apart from the fact that the court link I provided agree with my bashed argument and of course there is always the meaning of bear arms.

Suicide and accident aside we are left with stark fact if you lawfully carry a gun in California you are 2.4 times more likely to be murdered with one. The conclusion of the whole study in summary was "Among adults who died in California in 1998, those dying from violence were more likely than those dying from non-injury causes to have purchased a handgun".

Can you provide the proof of that, please?

Again, like I said before: Criminals are more likely to be attacked/killed, and criminals are more likely to own/carry guns.

The fact is that owning/carrying a gun for self defense makes you safer.

If youd ont' beleive that, don't carry a gun, and pray to God you are not assaulted/killed and your wife/children are not raped because you were unable to adequately defend yourself and your family

Kali also presents unique circumstances. In many counties you can only get a permit to lawfully carry a gun if you are already in danger of being attacked/murdered because it is "may issue"!

Warp

Enlightened
BTW: I noticed you linked a several year old court case from a court located in San Francisco:

On June 12, 2006 San Francisco Superior Court Judge James Warren struck down the San Francisco handgun ban, asserting that under California law local officials do not have the authority to ban firearms from law-abiding citizens.

Warp

Enlightened
As I said google is your friend for a summary

First of all, supporting your claims is your responsibility, not mine. Not anybody else's.

Second of all, the research you listed (from a bias source, I am sure...not to mention is a very screwed up state) does not support your statement.

It's right there in the title.

The article linked does not even touch on carrying a handgun!

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
The gun discussion should probably be kept to the Underground, as Hodsta suggested.

Here's what I carry:

Pens:
-SS Inka with an Inka cartridge
-Ti Inka with Fisher universal cartridge
My plan is to use the SS one until it's dry, then stop carrying it in favor of the Ti/Fisher.

Lights:
-L1D-CE/NiMH
-Huntlight FT-01XSE P4
-Gladius/FM34
-Liteflux LF2 SSC 10440
I think I might remove the Huntlight, since it has flickering issues. I don't know if it's the contacts (probably) or the electronics (possibly, since the problem seems to go away with a freshly-charged cell), but it's aggravating. When there's a >16340 Liteflux with the features I want, I hope to replace the L1D with it. The Gladius is staying, and my new LF2 has been great!

Knives:
-$10 Master Cutlery "Delta Force" folder (Shane Sloan design)
-SOG Trident (all black)
-SOG black oxide EOD PowerLock (B61)
-SAK classic
-UtiliKey
I usually carry a <2" auto as well, but the magnets I attached keep coming unglued. I'll probably just get some adhesive-backed Velcro for it. I've been using my Trident a lot more since my friend actually USED it and put some big ol' scuffs on the blade. I'm seeing a lot of really nice knives around here: Sebbies, Microtechs, etc. I might consider getting a new knife; or rather, I might consider getting a job, and then getting a new knife. :laughing: I was using the small flat screwdriver on my UtiliKey yesterday night to tighten a soldering iron tip, and the driver tip snapped! I might get a new UtiliKey, but I don't know.

Other:
-Auto Card Manager (wallet)
-Wrist strap (for L1D-CE)
-Cell phone
-Keys
-Plastic bag (for doggie cleanup)
-Cash, old receipts
-Whatever I feel like

When my Doan's Mg block, Strike Master K7, and Blast Match arrive in the mail, I'll probably start carrying one or more firestarting kits. Last time I needed to start a fire, we had to bum some gasoline off another party. How embarassing...

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is the only warning: STOP the gun/anti-gun debating. This is not the place, nor the overall forum for it. No matter what side you fall on, you will NEVER convince the other side. It's dragging this thread down.

There will be NO final word from anyone. From this post onwards, this thread will be on-topic.

Anyone deviating back into the gun debate will have a nice CPF vacation.

AGAIN, NO MORE DEBATE.

-dan

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
10 minutes ago, there was a Snickers bar in my pocket. Alas, now my pockets are empty since I shifted the contents into my stomach.

jzmtl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Question for those of you carry pens, do you prefer a cheap throw away type, or some well contructed more expensive ones?

Dan0s

Newly Enlightened
Damn no more pro gun/anti gun talk, back on topic though yeah?
I've always got my trusty L4
Wallet (generally have it)
Nokia 6230i
And last of all car/house keys with one of those little key ring lights

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
10 minutes ago, there was a Snickers bar in my pocket. Alas, now my pockets are empty since I shifted the contents into my stomach.
:crackup:
Question for those of you carry pens, do you prefer a cheap throw away type, or some well contructed more expensive ones?
I definitely prefer a well-constructed, more expensive pen. Since Nite-Ize bought Inka, Inka pens have gone way down in price. Space Pens (of all the various types) aren't too expensive either. My Ti Inka was about $35, and that's on the costly side for ordinary EDC pens.

Warp

Enlightened
Depends, on the pens.

If I am somewhere that does not allow weapons, even knives (say, an airplane, for example) I am much more likely to carry a nice, solid, strong, metalic pen.

KenAnderson

Enlightened
Rotring 600 series ballpoint. A serious tool and nice pen.

Depends, on the pens.

If I am somewhere that does not allow weapons, even knives (say, an airplane, for example) I am much more likely to carry a nice, solid, strong, metalic pen.

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
For pens my "thing" is to get brightly colored pens and put good writing BLACK ink cartridges in them. Such as buying a pack of multi-color fine point Papermates and a pack a of Bold point black and changing out the F for B in the colors I like.

In my shirt pocket today is a Foray pen in bright orange with a black bold roller GEL refill.

These pens are all primarily plastic but I'd no more wish to be stabbed by one than an all metal pen!

Status
Not open for further replies.