Elzetta- The industry's best kept secret.

Grizzman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've got them on Alphas, Bravos, and Charlies. They all have high/low tailcaps, and haven't experienced a condition in which the clip caused an issue.

It took me a few years to get one, but I'm growing fond of the low profile bezel. It's hardly any bigger than an Alpha's head, yet allows use of any Malkoff drop-in. An Alpha 2 may be a little shorter than a Bravo due to the optic.

So when I got home today I slipped the Ti clip onto my Alpha. It fits fine although it rests on the head instead of the body due to the shortness of the light. I wish it rode a little deeper in my pocket but it seems secure. So of course now I don't have one on my Bravo, so I had to order a second one!

Does anyone know if the Malkoff clip (very similar design but stainless steel) will fit the Elzettas?

Grizzman

Flashlight Enthusiast
As long as the clip is adjusted so the clip is firm against the head, the light is secure in the pocket.

Yes, the Malkoff clip fits and works fine on the Alpha....it's just kinda ugly (but inexpensive).

Malkoff%20clip%20on%20Alpha_zpsgj2xwtfk.jpg

Grizzman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I switched between high and low a few times, with a one handed overhand grip, and had no problems.

The clip has already been moved back to the 9P.

Last edited:
Wow, Grizzman- is there any light related item you don't own?:bow: Thanks for the pic, very cool! It is kind of homely compared to the svelte Ti sexiness of the Prometheus clip. But I have several good lights with sucky clips (I'm looking at you, JETBeam BC series!:poke:) so I don't want to drop $25 a pop to get the sexy ones for all of them. I did order another one from Dark Sucks to put back on my Bravo but I'll probably pick up a couple from Malkoff, too.

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
I switched between high and low a few times, with a one handed overhand grip, and had no problems.

The clip has already been moved back to the 9P.

It doesn't affect the HI/LO on my Alpha. At first I couldn't tighten down the Twisty on my Bravo but after taking it off and putting it back on it worked fine. Maybe I cross threaded it the first time.
Thanks guy. So it doesn't wobble or wiggle around when you loosen the tail cap for low output, am I right?

Nope, not a bit. At least not on mine. I dunno why it gave me trouble with the twisty but like I said, I might have cross-threaded the tailcap since it worked perfectly after I took it off and put it back on again. But flawless from the get go on my Alpha hi/lo. I've got another on one the way so I'll have one for the Bravo again. Great clip!

I'll note I did install the supplied O-ring that ships with the clip designed to keep it in place.

Last edited:

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nope, not a bit. At least not on mine. I dunno why it gave me trouble with the twisty but like I said, I might have cross-threaded the tailcap since it worked perfectly after I took it off and put it back on again. But flawless from the get go on my Alpha hi/lo. I've got another on one the way so I'll have one for the Bravo again. Great clip!

I'll note I did install the supplied O-ring that ships with the clip designed to keep it in place.
Great! The reason why I have not bought an Alpha is because of the lack of a clip. Not sure if the Elzetta clip is a good choice. Now that I know that Malkoff's clip work fine, I can start considering the Alpha now.

The more I used the Elzetta Speed Ring the more I didn't care for it. Just by dumb luck I installed it very easily the first time. But every successive attempt has been very difficult, and my 2nd one just wont grip well no matter what I do. Probably there's a learning curve to it. But it's kind of bulky. That makes it kind of useful as a ring for certain gun/light techniques and it gives you something to grab when drawing the light from deep carry in a pocket. But I definitely prefer the Ti clip from Dark Sucks/Prometheus.

BTW, I have the that one, the Ti one. I can't comment on the Malkoff one but it appears to work just the same from Grizz's photos.

kj2

Flashaholic
Received my first Elzetta today :D
It really meets my expectations. Do have some questions though, I noticed the corona around the hotspot isn't round but has more of a square shape. Do others have this too? And the optic in my Alpha looks a bit turbid. Have taken the optic out and clean it with a micro-fibre cloth. Looks clear in daylight, but turbid when installed. Can someone help me on this?

ForrestChump

Flashlight Enthusiast
Received my first Elzetta today :D
It really meets my expectations. Do have some questions though, I noticed the corona around the hotspot isn't round but has more of a square shape. Do others have this too? And the optic in my Alpha looks a bit turbid. Have taken the optic out and clean it with a micro-fibre cloth. Looks clear in daylight, but turbid when installed. Can someone help me on this?

The Alphas beam should be nowhere near a whitewall. I much rather they did this light more mule style then use an optic.

The only solution for the optic is to swap it out for the flood.

The square is common as well as the grit.

Last edited:

kj2

Flashaholic
Just received an email from Elzetta, about the square. It's the led that reflects back in the optic. Do have to say, in the outdoors and even indoors I don't notice it. Also the turbid isn't visible in the beam.

ForrestChump

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just received an email from Elzetta, about the square. It's the led that reflects back in the optic. Do have to say, in the outdoors and even indoors I don't notice it. Also the turbid isn't visible in the beam.

I like Elzetta as a company.

But the Alpha optic was a total no go for me.... twice with looong wait times between purchases. I have never returned a light for beam or tint quality till the Alpha.

Im not exactly sure how the beam goes overlooked so frequently. It's just not good... at all.

:shrug:

There are many positive attributes to their lights, so if your just jumping into Elzetta / this thread - I would check out their 2 cell AVS stuff first.

RI Chevy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Too many people shine the light close to the wall just to see the beam pattern. That is not what they were designed to do. Just grab the light and use it. The ALPHA is built heavy duty to be used in every day life.
I happen to really like the beam and the tint on my ALPHA. Nice, strong, and compact.
Skip the white wall hunting and just use it and enjoy.
I wish they made a red optic lens for the alpha.

Grizzman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I didn't notice the squarish corona until I was attempting to photograph the beam for a tint comparison....not once during weeks/months of typical usage.

Regarding the turbidity of the optic, if you can't see it and it does't affect the beam, does it matter? It doesn't to me.

While ordering a tailcap and other assorted items, I bought an Alpha optic to see if it would improve the beam of my less attractive specimen. It helped some, then I removed it, put it in the box and installed the flood optic. I'm a fan of Elzetta's flood.

Last edited:

ForrestChump

Flashlight Enthusiast
Skip the white wall hunting and just use it and enjoy.

Im the farthest thing from a whitewall hunter but when I have to adjust the orientation of the light to get the beam where I want it, it's kind of inconvenient. As I said there seems to be lots of people that are fine with it.

Last edited: