Energizer Hard Case Tactical Impressions and Pics.

L.E.D.

Enlightened
Re: Energizer Hard Case Tactical Flashlight

Quality seems good on the new K2 and Cree lanterns, expect to see more K2 AND Cree lights from Energizer, hopefully of even better quality.

woodrow

Flashlight Enthusiast
I did a review of one some time ago with beamshots, but when I reorgonezed my flickr account, they were deleted. Sorry.... The light is a well built, light yet solid flashlight. The only thing that I do not like about it is its main beam. My version at least uses a 1 watt luxeon and is slightly brighter than a MMagled 2AA. In a cree world, it just is not too bright.

If you do not need a super bright flashlight however...it is a good buy.

PJD

Flashlight Enthusiast
Woodrow...as far as the light being not very bright in a "Cree world", I sort of agree. However, keep in mind that this light was designed to be a tactical "utility" light. In that regard, I think it's plenty bright for it's intended purpose. I would've liked to see Energizer put a Cree or Seoul in it as well, but IMHO, the fact that they didn't doesn't detract from the light's functionality at all. In fact, for the military target of this light, the LuxI has been around for a few years, and it's proven track record of durability and dependability make it's use a very logical choice.

PJD

Chrontius

Flashlight Enthusiast
ker-NECROMANCY!

*casts Reanimate Dead*

Just got my $20 Hardcase Tactical from the Woot sale.

Mine's sporting a cool-neutral white (Well, it's warmer than my Ra and slightly cooler than my old 6° Q5 Malkoff) Cree XR-E (4 bond-wire, yellow backing) in a deep smooth reflector. I'm guessing it's being driven as hard as the Luxeon models, because it's pretty damn bright on L91 lithium cells. It's also a Cree-ring circus, but I'll deal.

I'm sad to say the IR isn't too terribly bright, but it's plenty bright as a marker strobe. I'll take a look around for it tonight with my cheapass Eyeclops NVGs.

Clip is very much MOLLE-compatible, but only grabs one loop. Phosphate-blackened steel, I think, as are the sideplates and screws.

For a $20 light, this is really quite good. Very much the Poor Man's Kroma-Milspec.

Last edited:

tbenedict

Enlightened
Re: ker-NECROMANCY!

*casts Reanimate Dead*

Just got my $20 Hardcase Tactical from the Woot sale.

Mine's sporting a cool-neutral white (Well, it's warmer than my Ra and slightly cooler than my old 6° Q5 Malkoff) Cree XR-E (4 bond-wire, yellow backing) in a deep smooth reflector. I'm guessing it's being driven as hard as the Luxeon models, because it's pretty damn bright on L91 lithium cells. It's also a Cree-ring circus, but I'll deal.

I'm sad to say the IR isn't too terribly bright, but it's plenty bright as a marker strobe. I'll take a look around for it tonight with my cheapass Eyeclops NVGs.

Clip is very much MOLLE-compatible, but only grabs one loop. Phosphate-blackened steel, I think, as are the sideplates and screws.

For a $20 light, this is really quite good. Very much the Poor Man's Kroma-Milspec.

I just got mine as well. I think the beam is quite usefull outside. Bright enough for 60-70'. I do wish the white beam button was trigger style instead of on the tail, but they are nice switches. I am glad it is not any brighter because I mainly bought it as an angle head work light.